Today on NBA TV: Asik -> Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Today on NBA TV: Asik -> Celtics

Houston has already packed up Omer's things.  And while reports trickle in about him heading to Cleveland in an Asik/Varejao swap, Scott went on to mention Ainge sending some low-ball offers that don't include Rondo and that do include Wallace. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Today on NBA TV: Asik -> Celtics

Bass for Asik is perfect for both teams..........perfect!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we are interested.............we may not be

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I agree.  Go Danny go!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

The Houston Rockets.

They are very thin at power forward, could use another wing defender, and Bass' contract is not large enough to be a deal breaker. They are also run by noted numbers guru Daryl Morey who frequently uses advanced metrics to measure player performance.

Considering Asik's value, Bass would not be enough despite his underrated skill-set. But that's where one of the Celtics nine first round picks between 2014-2018 come in.

Package Bass, Jordan Crawford (expiring contract to balance salary), and a first (say, the Clippers pick in 2015) for Asik.

Houston gets their starting power forward and a pick, saves money in 2014-15, allows Terrence Jones to continue developing off the bench, and picks up another guy to help guard Durant.

Boston helps clear out their logjam at power forward and picks up a legitimate starting center. Someone who becomes a building block (or a trade chip if Boston decides he's worth more in that role).

Also, it's worth noting that Asik got a new agent because he was so pissed off that it's taking so long to get traded.  Thus, Houston set at a timetable and say he'll be good riddance by Thursday.  POINT- they may be willing to sell for fifty cents on the dollar, and Danny obviously smells blood.  Take Bass and forget about Crawford or draft picks, and here, take Wallace too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Why on earth would you want to trade Crawford, who is playing as well as anyone on the team, has proven to be a very capable PG and with another year left on a good contract (not expiring)...?

We'll be hearing about a lot of different offers for Asik in the coming days.  

Milsap is the latest hot rumor that Houston prefers over Verajao.

If the Celtics are involved, they will be asking for Rondo before Bass.  Maybe both. But I don't thenk they have the assets to pull that off.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Asik-mania strikes Celtics fans... I don't see it at all.....yeah, he can rebound a bit, and maybe play some D, but he's NO enforcer and with the lack of real height and muscle inside he could only be a piece of the puzzle at best ( and DON'T drone on about the GREAT "hombre indestructable", so far he sucks)...

However...I DO like Omar's chickie-do...

Oh yeah, she's yummy!!!  ...and a former Ms. Ohio!!!

[/QUOTE]

Melswitt, you always put a thread in the correct perspective!!  Having her around Beantown would be well worth it!!...  Mrs. Asik for Rondo straight up.  and at least our free throw percentage would improve...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Why on earth would you want to trade Crawford, who is playing as well as anyone on the team, has proven to be a very capable PG and with another year left on a good contract (not expiring)...?

If the Celtics are involved, they will be asking for Rondo before Bass.  Maybe both. But I don't thenk they have the assets to pull that off.  

excellent post -Bass , Wallace and Boston 2n round 2013 pick, if you want Asik (I am not sure he is better than what we have already)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to romneywins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

excellent post -Bass , Wallace and Boston 2n round 2013 pick, if you want Asik (I am not sure he is better than what we have already)

[/QUOTE]
    I don't think Asik fits our future (would have fit nicely with last years group) so I propose the following:

CLEV: E Turner 6.6M and HOU future 2nd

HOU: Bass 6.7M, AB 2.5M

PHIL: Waiters 3.8M, Garcia 1.2M, Asik 5.2M

BOS: Hawes 6.5M, A. Brooks 1.2M (move in Feb), 2014 Phil 2nd, 2014 Clev 2nd

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My favorite thing about Jeff Green is that he ALWAYS hits the open shots.

Wish every player could do that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

If we can get Asik for Bass( a big IF I think).

Ainge shoudl do it as soon as possible

I am not sure how any Celtic fan could think that deal would be bad for the team.

Asik is a LEGIT NBA center in SIZE and inside play. Rebounder, Defense.

better offense than Perkins ever had.

Bass, Sully, Olynyk are redundent.....BAss is the logical one to go.

the ONLY reason I can think of that someone thinks that deal is bad...is that THEY are in tanking for a dratf pick only mode.

look up the drafts year after year and see how thats worked out for crap teams.

Ainge should be ALWAYS looking to IMPROVE the team...ANYWAY POSSIBLE.

Asik fo Bass would improve the Boston Celtics PERIOD.

now just have to get the rockets to think it's the best they can do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

My heart is set on Embiid.

But I know it isn't likely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I do not think the guy is any better than Fav who had upside.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

You must be kidding.A 3 for 1 trade.Asik can lot score if is 2 feet away from the basket.Good rebounder for sure,but giving crawford,Bass and draft picks for him is a very umbalanced trade.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure how any Celtic fan could think that deal would be bad for the team.

the ONLY reason I can think of that someone thinks that deal is bad...is that THEY are in tanking for a dratf pick only mode.

[/QUOTE]

Asik for Bass straight-up is laughable.  Asik is worth WAY more than Bass.  If Bass were involved, we would also need to cough up our 2014 Nets first round pick plus an expiring contract at a minimum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Shes not in a class with the Mossad ladies?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Asik for Bass straight-up is laughable.  Asik is worth WAY more than Bass.  If Bass were involved, we would also need to cough up our 2014 Nets first round pick plus an expiring contract at a minimum.

[/QUOTE]

well there ya go...we agree then.......LOL.

I personally would giv up Bass and a future #1 pick (2015 or 2016 where ever we have an additional pick thats is't likely to be very high) for Asik.

there aren't that many Centers in the NBA who can rebound and play defense and are 7' tall.

Bass and a first rounder is still a good deal for the Celtics, to me.

Sections
Shortcuts