Today's newest trade rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Today's newest trade rumor

Jeff Green and Brandon Bass for Josh Smith....if this happens I don't think Rondo is going anywhere...I don't like the thought of losing Green but Smith can be a difference maker if he performs to his potential....scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker....thoughts? 

http://nesn.com/2013/02/report-josh-smith-drawing-interest-from-celtics-in-trade-with-hawks-involving-jeff-green-brandon-bass/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Today's newest trade rumor

In response to Duke4's comment:

Jeff Green and Brandon Bass for Josh Smith....if this happens I don't think Rondo is going anywhere...I don't like the thought of losing Green but Smith can be a difference maker if he performs to his potential....scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker....thoughts? 

http://nesn.com/2013/02/report-josh-smith-drawing-interest-from-celtics-in-trade-with-hawks-involving-jeff-green-brandon-bass/

I'm more and more thinking Smith may be a partial head case -- whose performance is too connected to his situational happiness (sort of like Baron Davis).  May be too much of a headache.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

You could be right....Rondo and Smith could become a dynamic pair for the Celtics....or they could become Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe....frankly, based on Rondo's competitive nature, I don't think he would allow that to happen...neither would KG..!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

» Sunday, February 17 2013

Adrian Wojnarowski: Still many involved for Atlanta's Josh Smith, including Bucks, Nets, Celtics, 76ers, Wizards, others, sources say. Strong belief he's moved. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Rumors tagsATLANTA HAWKSBOSTON CELTICSMILWAUKEE BUCKSPHILADELPHIA 76ERSWASHINGTON WIZARDSTRADEJOSH SMITH  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

This would be foolish for C's. Nobody is going anywhere. Look for them topick up a Downs or a Mack or both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Duke I look at Smith's career and the talented players he has been around.  Year after year his shooting does not improve and more importantly the consistency of his game is just not there night in night out.  If you bring him here and we bring in new talent we will be just like the Atlanta Hawks,  a tough out one year and a team mired in mediocrity forever.  Josh Smith will never lead the Celtics to anything. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Duke I look at Smith's career and the talented players he has been around.  Year after year his shooting does not improve and more importantly the consistency of his game is just not there night in night out.  If you bring him here and we bring in new talent we will be just like the Atlanta Hawks,  a tough out one year and a team mired in mediocrity forever.  Josh Smith will never lead the Celtics to anything. 

And he has stated he wants a max-deal! J. Smith is not a max-deal player! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'll keep Bass and Green. The only way I go foir that deal is if it is Smith and Horford and even then I'm not sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I'll keep Bass and Green. The only way I go foir that deal is if it is Smith and Horford and even then I'm not sure.

Excuse me?

The 'only' way you go for that deal is to trade a B+ forward in Green and a C forward in Bass, making 13 million in salaries, for an A- forward in Smith and an A forward in Horford making 25 million???

What?

Not only is it impossible $ wise it is ludicrous in how lop-sided it is... and you add 'even then I am not sure' WOW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm not ready to turn this team over to Rondo and Smith. I like Josh Smith but I would rather do a Rondo-Green-Bass deal for Smith-Horford-Teague deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Excuse me?

The 'only' way you go for that deal is to trade a B+ forward in Green and a C forward in Bass, making 13 million in salaries, for an A- forward in Smith and an A forward in Horford making 25 million???

What?

Not only is it impossible $ wise it is ludicrous in how lop-sided it is... and you add 'even then I am not sure' WOW

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

+1

I could not agree more.  Does Smith make his teammates better? Where has he enforced his will and taken the Hawks anywhere.  He's a less talented version of Carmelo Anthony, a me-first player who, despite not "having it" on any given night, will shoot (down) his team to embarrassing losses.  Green and Bass together give the Celtics much more than what they'd get in return from Smith.  I think too much is made in the search for players who will "run with Rondo" - they seem to be running quite well without Rondo - the most important factor in that philosophy is getting the ball off the rim, first and foremost.  Boston needs an inside presence, a tenacious rebounder, not another player who might get hot.  Smith might be an okay complementary guy, but he's not a franchise player who can be the difference between mediocrity and a championship.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good points on this subject guys...as I originally said, I don't like the idea of losing Green...Smith is a talent but, as has been pointed out, has not led his teamates to the next level...in fact, checking his page out, he has not been to an all star game yet...good rebounder and shot blocker  and his steals and assists are pretty good too...but not the complete package as far as smarts and effort..? then maybe we are better off looking to make another deal that would get us a big..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Antoine Walker 2.0  bricked 3's city

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Smith is not much better than Green.... and if Jeff continues to improve while Smith remains the same player, one who shoots too much and doesn't get 100% out of his talent, then Green could be even better.

Smith wants to be a 20ppg scorer and seems to get his 8 rebounds and 2 blocks with such ease that you know the best way he could help a team would be to defensively take one of the forwards on the opposition completely out of the game and get like 13 pts, 12 rbs, 5 asts, 4 blks and 2 stls. He is talented enough to do that. But its not what drives him.

If you can get both of them on the same team it would have to be at the cost of Bass, Lee, Melo and our 1st. They would have to give us someone back like rookie John Jenkins too b/c we are so thin at guard. Before Sully went down you could've done Bass and Green for Smith but since then, with how good Green has looked and how thin we are in the frontcourt, this team really shouldn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

Smith is not much better than Green.... and if Jeff continues to improve while Smith remains the same player, one who shoots too much and doesn't get 100% out of his talent, then Green could be even better.

Smith wants to be a 20ppg scorer and seems to get his 8 rebounds and 2 blocks with such ease that you know the best way he could help a team would be to defensively take one of the forwards on the opposition completely out of the game and get like 13 pts, 12 rbs, 5 asts, 4 blks and 2 stls. He is talented enough to do that. But its not what drives him.

If you can get both of them on the same team it would have to be at the cost of Bass, Lee, Melo and our 1st. They would have to give us someone back like rookie John Jenkins too b/c we are so thin at guard. Before Sully went down you could've done Bass and Green for Smith but since then, with how good Green has looked and how thin we are in the frontcourt, this team really shouldn't.

I dont give up Green for him, period!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I hope this is not true.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to user_3952186's comment:

This would be foolish for C's. Nobody is going anywhere. Look for them topick up a Downs or a Mack or both.

If you are right then look for the Cs to not get pass the first round...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Excuse me?

What?

I cant even fathom how someone could think the Cs could get a deal like this.. its halarious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

So if it was even possible (which it isnt) you, yourself, wouldnt trade Bass and Green for Smith and Horford? What? I've seen some crazy sh*$ on this forum but what? Do you watch basketball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I'm not ready to turn this team over to Rondo and Smith. I like Josh Smith but I would rather do a Rondo-Green-Bass deal for Smith-Horford-Teague deal.

I'd love that deal, too. Why would Atlanta do that? Horford's about the most underated player in the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I think and unkown and unkowable  factor is what KG could get out of Smoove, who when he wants to can ball defensively and offensively. Then if Rondo heals up and Howard is not happy in LA you do that sign and trade (Rondo for Howard), and this team is set for winning some banners with an amazing mix of veterans.

24. This post has been removed.