Tommy Heinson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

Tommy Heinson

Tommy is brilliant, extremely knowledgable and bleads green and there will never be another like him.  I dread the day that he retires just as I did when Hondo and Bird ended their careers.  He is focused on the game, unlike many announcers who ramble on and joke around too much.  His passion for the Celtics is clear but he still gives credit to others when credit is due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Tommy Heinson

I like Tommy but he's an unbearable homer when it comes to officiating. The officials literally get into his head. It's hard to watch sometimes. 

That said it's hard to imagine anyone else doing the games, certainly none of his fill in announcers are as enjoyable

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to CelticNut's comment:

Tommy is brilliant, extremely knowledgable and bleads green and there will never be another like him.  I dread the day that he retires just as I did when Hondo and Bird ended their careers.  He is focused on the game, unlike many announcers who ramble on and joke around too much.  His passion for the Celtics is clear but he still gives credit to others when credit is due.

Since you are such a huge fan of Tommy.... how about learning to spell his last name before he retires.

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Mychal Thompson is as big a homer as Tommy.  He actually writes a poem before every game, saying what the lakers need to do to win..........he NEVER criticizes anyone on the lakers, he leaves that to John Ireland!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Since you are such a huge fan of Tommy.... how about learning to spell his last name before he retires.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

Pud

Sorry I left an "h" out!  No Tommy Point for me!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Agree but sometimes he whines about the officials too much

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Remembering back to his coaching days, there was an article about him (Kimball, Phoenix? Long time ago) and his boorish and near thuggish behavior.  The article described the "road" behavior of Heinsohn and some of the players and how it embarassed Don Chaney to be with these people.  Over the years, Heinsohn's personal (bad) behavior has either been subdued or ignored but, suffice it to say, he's become a Boston icon.  I don't hold much in his "Tommy points" as I always felt it was more about him deigning to bestow a thumbs-up on a player for one play, but I always got a kick out of "I love Walt-ahhh".  I still remember what a turnoff he became once I read the piece, but time passes and things change.  I'll never love the guy, but he does add some comic relief to the broadcaasts.  What's wrong with a hometown announcer being  hometown guy - Johnny Most anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Fiddles and diddles was, is and always will be at the top of the list.  Always watched the TV with the volume off and the radio on. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Pud

Way to keep it classy pud. You should have reminded him about the correct spelling of "bleeds" also.

As far as Heinsohn goes, he is the most whiniest announcer in the NBA and he does harm to the Celtic franshice because their fans hear him and then come up with conspiracy theories and excuses just like he does. The NBA should ban from him from the game.

WHAT???????  Let me guess, you hit the keys accidentally again!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I like Tommy but he's an unbearable homer when it comes to officiating. The officials literally get into his head. It's hard to watch sometimes. 

That said it's hard to imagine anyone else doing the games, certainly none of his fill in announcers are as enjoyable

yeah.  no.  tommy has toned down the homer act from all time highs of our worst teams of the 90s and early 2000's.  some of these steroid fueled referees do come out with amazingly bad calls at times.  and the company line of propping up d-wade, kobe or labrom can be extremely tiring to watch.

for God's sakes, enjoy what you have.  the knowledge that flows out of tommy is second to none across the league as far as announcers go.  just trust me, i'm stuck in league ticket land and have to listen to the RUBBLE that opposing teams put out there for announcing teams.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

bloggety troll, dont the lakers have MYCHAEL THOMSON

HES JUST AS MUCH AS A WHYNER...TROLL BROTHER.....

STAY OFF THE FOREUM AND LOITER AT THE BODEGA..YOU FREQUENT..TO NOT BRING UP MYCHAEL..AS A STOOGE WHYNER..shows Your bias

TROLL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Agree but sometimes he whines about the officials too much

sometimes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Pud

Way to keep it classy pud. You should have reminded him about the correct spelling of "bleeds" also.

As far as Heinsohn goes, he is the most whiniest announcer in the NBA and he does harm to the Celtic franshice because their fans hear him and then come up with conspiracy theories and excuses just like he does. The NBA should ban from him from the game.

Talk about NEEDING TO BE BANNED! Go take a look in the mirror. And while you are there, ask yourself why you feel the need to do this? A little short in the shorts? Some type of complex? Just ask yourself why? You are as welcome here as Bin Laden at at Seal Team party. Ban yourself.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pud

You wonder why no one takes you seriously!!

Sections
Shortcuts