Tommy is tired of hearing these "idiots" that want this team to tank

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

Re: Tommy is tired of hearing these

The players or coach shouldn't tank....it's the GM that needs to tank.  Trade away Bass, Rondo and Wallace.  Get a bunch of picks and cap clearing space and let's actually get an impact player in the draft!

Gee.....just what I want to see, the Celts make the playoffs only to get swept in the first round.  Great idea...that should help things out for the future.  Great to see them play hard...and great the new 'skipper' is the real deal but I really don't want to be in NBA purgatory for the next 5 seasons.  There are 2 ways to build a team.....the draft a FA.  Right now they have no money.....so that leaves the draft.  Building the team around the 15th pick??  Good luck.

And for the love of everything holy......stop with the 'bleed green' and 'Celtic pride' garbage.  Team destined to lose for the next few years unless something changes isn't pride.....it's a bad team....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

As someone said, players and coaches do not tank; GMs do.  Players are professionals and have pride, no matter which team they play for.  Players that perform poorly with deliberate intent will typically find themselves out of the league because they will be seen as not willing to put in the effort.  

Celtics do have nine first round picks over the next five years; surely, some of these can be packaged with good, non-core talent to get a top 7 pick.  They don't need to tank to get that.  Also, when a team establishes a winning attitude and culture, comes together and plays as a team -- ball movement on offense, rotational help defense, and is well coached, it creates an environment which would be conducive to attracting quality free agents to make the team stronger.

Tanking is not the only way to build championship teams!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I was grimacing watching the Patriots losing until the final minute, I enjoyed switching channels frequently and watching us blow out a Knick team that won its last two by 30 pts. Our team hustled and outrebounded 46 to 26 but they didn't have Chandler. Stevens has them playing like a college team and why not, that's his experience. Hate to open old wounds but didn't work for Rick Pitino. Shooting 54% to 34%, of course, didn't hurt. We did score well in the paint but, again, they didn't even have Kenyon Martin playing. I like the aggressiveness, spirit, energy and feel they are playing well together. With Olynyk back we should have more of a presence in the post and Rondo too will pass to him and also drive to the basket. We may win this division not even being a .500 team(HA!) but I do not see us as pushovers. Many fans, however, realizing we are not championship calibre may not appreciate this team's effort that may prevent us from getting our desired draft pick. But I'd rather watch us do all out to win than tank !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was on board pre-Cousy, and have never heard crap like "tank". Not once! These people know about as much about basketball as I do about rugby. Go Celts! Go Tommy! One game at a time. This time has some shooters! Go for it!

[/QUOTE]

You must have been in coma when ML Carr was displaying his "magic" with the Celtics. I think ML practically invented tanking (and coming up with nothing). He did everything possible to position the Celtics for the 1st pick, and ... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Celtics didn't tank in 2006-7, only a  pink hat would say that.  #5 pick did not equal a championship, stupid.

Stop being an idiot!

Here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/40780/when-tankers-tell-the-truth

In one notorious game late in the season, the Celtics, playing at home, led the woeful Bobcats 69-51 late in the third quarter -- and managed to lose the game by eight points, enhancing their draft positioning. Of course, Celtics coach Doc Rivers denied tanking charges. As Steve Bulpett reported in the Boston Herald: “Rivers insisted there was nothing sinister about leaving Paul Pierce (game-high 23 points) on the bench for the fourth quarter and letting the quintet of Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Allan Ray and Leon Powe stay on the parquet as the lead -- still at 10 with nine minutes left in the game -- disappeared.” 

Ryan Gomes had 13 through three quarters, but watched from the bench in the fourth as Boston clinched the worst record in the Eastern Conference and second worst in the league. 

"I probably (would have played), but since we were in the hunt for a high draft pick, of course things are different," Gomes said. "I understand that. Hopefully things get better. Now that we clinched at least having the second-most balls in the lottery, the last three games we'll see what happens. We'll see if we can go out and finish some games."

Unimpressive,  just some hack trying to get published.  Leave it to a pink hat to embrace a hack insulting the Celtics.

Gomes a hack...if the article quotes Gomes, the writer is featuring Gomes...and neither is a hack...don't get carried away because the C's suck but are trying hard...it's not tanking...but they did tank the year they got the #5 pick...own it

[/QUOTE]

You can claim that all you want.  That won't make it a fact.  Unlike you, I bet, I watched that season.   Ryan Gomes and you sat in on the same number of board meetings-----zero.

When it comes to the fourth quarter--the great closers of all-time  Larry Bird, Michael Jordan and Ryan Gomes.  What team does he play for?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A lot of people don't expect the Celts to tank.  I think a lot of people (like me) thought that the Celtics should concentrate on developing guys like Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley -- and that by doing so it would mean that they lost more than they won.  It's still early in the season and a lot could happen.   

I don't think their talent level is on par with some of th better teams in the league.  Give them credit, they are better than expected, but I still expect that DA will take the big picture view and make trades that could benefit this team in the future at the expense of the present.

This team needs a talent infusion.  Having some higher picks could help the rebuild.  It doesn't mean you're not a true fan if you hope that the C's can get a lottery pick or two to help them get back to being a championship contender.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

He's probably holding out hope that they can somehow pickup Walter McCarty at the trade deadline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

I told you JC would be my PG with AB @ SG ... Remember? I was right about that one ... guess you forgot that too.

[/QUOTE]

I never disagreed with you regarding JC.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anyone but me saying this.  This idea was very unpopular over the summer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

Saying that the Celts don't tank could mean that you were not a Celtic fan before KG and Ray came to Boston or you're simply in denial.

[/QUOTE]

You jumped on the bandwagon after KG got here.  I have been a Celtic fan much longer than that, pink hat.  We have gone over this ground before.  At this point, it it just more evidence that you are dishonest.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people don't expect the Celts to tank.  I think a lot of people (like me) thought that the Celtics should concentrate on developing guys like Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley -- and that by doing so it would mean that they lost more than they won.  It's still early in the season and a lot could happen.   

I don't think their talent level is on par with some of th better teams in the league.  Give them credit, they are better than expected, but I still expect that DA will take the big picture view and make trades that could benefit this team in the future at the expense of the present.

This team needs a talent infusion.  Having some higher picks could help the rebuild.  It doesn't mean you're not a true fan if you hope that the C's can get a lottery pick or two to help them get back to being a championship contender.   

[/QUOTE]

Fierce34(laughable internet name)  roots for the Celtics to lose.  He gleefully starts game threads by declaring his hope that they lose.  He was rooting for Jeff Green to miss the final shot vs Miami.

I am unfamiliar with your previous posts.  I fully expect that the Celtics will develop the team.  Danny will have the big picture in mind.  This team is a work in progress.  Win everything you can and let the chips fall where they may.  Moves have to be made to improve this team to get where Celtic fans want this team to be. And they could be difficult in the short run. That does not mean this team is tanking,

Developing young players is not an option for them.  This team is full of them.  Danny will continue to build this team.

Those who want to suck for David Stern's ping pong balls reflect nothing but their own personality.

Fierce spams this board with every possibility that he can imagine that Danny might to do, in order to claim that it is tanking.  For instance,  he keeps saying that Gerald Wallace has been an essential element to this teams success(relative to expectations anyway).  That has not been the case.  Fierce(hahhahahhahahhahah)  just wants to preposition himself to claim that it is tanking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You jumped on the bandwagon after KG got here.  I have been a Celtic fan much longer than that, pink hat.  We have gone over this ground before.  At this point, it it just more evidence that you are dishonest.

[/QUOTE]

That's not true.

I've been a Celtic fan since the 1980s.

The evidence does not lie.

You would have known the Celts already tanked twice in the past if you were a Celtic fan before KG came to Boston.

No matter how many pink hats you have, what you're claiming is just your opinion, they are not facts.

[/QUOTE]

You claim the Celtics tanked in  2006-7.  You have not proven it.  You just say a stupid thing and pretend that your saying that stupid thing is proof that it is true.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Just like I said.  Your saying something is not proof of anything.  Fierce =weak.  You should change your name to sniveler.

Tommy says that you are an "idiot".  Fact.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Agree!

Except that you guys are not taking one thing into account: Brad Stevens took two woefully under-talented teams to the National Championship Game.

I also think that the Celts lack the top tier talent.  But if Brad can get Jordan Crawford to become EC Player of the Week, Jeff Green to develop the ability to draw fouls on his drives as opposed to committing charges, and Brandon Bass to play out of his mind, then he is something special.

It is conceivable that Danny will make trades for the future and compromise the present.  But what trades will those be?  If a Brooklyn type trade comes along then it will be a no-brainer.  Otherwise, there are too many sellers in the market right now.  Danny may make a trade or two (I primarily see Lee/Crawford and to a lesser extent Bass/Humphries getting traded) but if he is determined to make a selling trade, he will be forced to under-sell.  That is not like Danny.  He might just try the buying mode.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, and what do you buy to improve the team now?

[/QUOTE]

That is where I am holding back all thoughts.  As I have said elsewhere, I am seeing something that I have never seen before.  The players here have been indoctrinated into the process.  How long will it take for the new player to absorb the doctrine?  What will be the impact if this player is a big presence?  Also, how far can Brad Stevens take this rag-tag group without any disruptions?

I don't have a frame of reference to make a comment.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.