Tonight tells us all we need to know...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Tonight tells us all we need to know...

We are getting blown out in Philly....yes, it's the second of back to backs on the road and we are playing a quality opponent....still the handwriting is on the wall...this team has no hope of getting out of the first round unless we get to the sixth seed....and we have absolutely no chance of surviving the second round...so it's time for Danny to make his moves in order to start the rebuilding process...

It is obvious that we will lose KG and Ray as their contracts expire after this season...unless Danny has their assurances that they will resign and come back as reserves off the bench, it's time to trade them....why let them walk for nothing? (same as the thinking on the Perk trade).....let's get something for them by trading them to a contender for a youngster with potential or a draft pick....to play this season out and lose both for nothing is unacceptable...

as for CPP, I am sentimental....I wanted to see Bird and McHale retire as Celtics and I guess that I want the same for Paul....unless there is a trade that knocks our socks off (and with his contract, we must presume that isn't happening) then hang onto Paul...

release JON and give Steamer some time to develop (he won't ever be a starter but he has a better upside than Greg Kite had IMHO).....

play JJJ and Moore.....Bradley should back up Rondo (get rid of Dooling).....

I think it is time we all realize that we are no longer a contender in any way, shape, or form...start now....Danny told us he strongly disagreed with the way Red handled the original big three....start now Danny....and hold onto Rondo....please...!!

I may be in the minority here....not really sure...but I am now convinced.....the time has come to move on....for what it's worth...the Lakers may very well be looking at the same scenario in another year...the league is getting stronger and the balance of power has already shifted....(see the Mavericks' four game sweep of the Lakers).....also see OKC, the Clippers, and Memphis....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Tonight tells us all we need to know...

im tired of the game by game fans..overexaggerating as soon as we dont play well.we have played two OT games in the past 3 nights. they are tired, you can tell they are trying and just dont have it tonite. i take them out and save legs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

so tell me...do you think this team is a contender once the playoffs begin...?   ...and when the season ends, are you ok with losing two starters (KG and Ray) for nothing if they choose to move on...?  .....what do you think that will do to the rebuilding process...?

This is an open question to anyone and everyone....I am not criticizing your response....just wondering if I'm missing something that's all....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With this schedule we will struggle to be a .500 team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

If any players would show a bit of loyalty, appreciate playing for Doc and not uprooting their families, and re-sign for fair or more than fair salaries, it would be Ray and Garnett.

They can still be keys to a championship team, great mentors to young (and about to be drafted) players, and fan favorites on top of that.

Unless, like Perkins, they show signs of wanting to follow the money elsewhere, I'd hold out for an incredible deal.

Having a player like Rondo locked in at great value for 3.5 more years is a big advantage that most or all other teams don't have, as is our lack of cripplingly bloated long-term contracts for dud players.

This year there will be lots of money by most teams chasing mediocre free agent talent.

Re-signing Garnett and Allen to cheaper deals will free up space, avoid rolling the dice long-term on middling FA talent (Posey ring a bell?), and keep us two or three solid roster additions away from competing next year. If Garnett and Allen come off the books in '13, there will probably be better FA talent to chase after at that point.

Two first round picks means that there is a real solid chance that at least one of them is able to make an immediate impact. Jeff Green could be a second or third key addition. Getting just one decent FA would be the 3rd or 4th addition that could keep this core in the hunt next year.

Ray is the perfect 6th man, the prototype, and would easily compete for 6th man of the year honors for another year or three.

Garnett is starter material on a championship team, for sure.

Rondo is above average starter material on a championship team, and has double digit Finals games under his belt.

Pierce is average to above average starting material on a championship team.

Jeff Green is average starting material on a championship team, and great depth at two positions if not.

We have two first round picks to draft a defensive upgrade at shooting guard, whether he starts or gives Ray plennnnty of rest.

And we will still have enough FA money to chase a servicable starting big man.

Sounds like a great position to be in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

try to keep it even kiel.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight tells us all we need to know...:
    im tired of the game by game fans..overexaggerating as soon as we dont play well.we have played two OT games in the past 3 nights. they are tired, you can tell they are trying and just dont have it tonite. i take them out and save legs.
    Posted by JamezHill24

That is exactly why we should be getting JJ and even Bradley (can't believe I said that) more time.  Bradley has show me that he is going to keep improving.  He misses badly occasionally but he seems to make a couple jumpers every game.  The more time he get the better he will be.  I guess Moore is so far in Docs doghouse he may never get out.   Anything is better than Dooling IMO. The thing about JJ is he has a lot to learn but he knows how to score.  From looking at our total tonight we could use it.  If we don't get younger quick we can forget it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Agree, Rondo for Gasol, resign KG and Ray for two years, Keep Bass, Pietrus, Seisman, and Avery.  Try to add a couple of vetrans that can still play and go after it for a couple of more years.  Move Ray to the sixth man.  Keep the two rookies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rondo for gasol solves nothing!  stop blowing smoke out your arses

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Why make any declaration? Play the bench as required depending on the situation. Play more bench on second of back to back games, slumping players, etc. This is my big complaint with Doc. He is inflexible and set in his way of not giving rookies experience to develop. Replace Doc. Trade Rondo. = winning formula

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight tells us all we need to know...:
    Why make any declaration? Play the bench as required depending on the situation. Play more bench on second of back to back games, slumping players, etc. This is my big complaint with Doc. He is inflexible and set in his way of not giving rookies experience to develop. Replace Doc. Trade Rondo. = winning formula
    Posted by elDunker2

epic facepalm

Sections
Shortcuts