tony ALLEN is still a WARRIOR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

tony ALLEN is still a WARRIOR!

SO UNDERRATED, HE'S THE ROBERT HORRY OF HIS DAY BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY. JUST BRINGS THE TUDE and rises up in the biggest ways on D and kamikaze drives. that team's too tough for Durant and OKC. they got perk, but he's no allen. h sets the tone. total moxie, has gotten a lot better with his dribble and his passing and decision making. TA will b the difference maker in this series, its y i PICKED memphis to pull the upset! they will go up 3-1!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: tony ALLEN is still a WARRIOR!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Courtney Lee and Tony Allen are both playing well.

As is Ray Allen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I could never understand why posters would P&M about walking stiff Perkins but were good with trading TA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could never understand why posters would P&M about walking stiff Perkins but were good with trading TA.

[/QUOTE]

To be a little more precise, Perkins was traded and he signed long term with OKC for about 8M over 5 years plus we got a first round pick also in the deal.  Consider what we got for Perkins and the amount of money required to sign him.  Tony Allen was signed for around 3M a year for 3 years.  All we had to do was giving him a little love and attention and I thought we could have kept him.  Ainge just seemed like he didn't care.  We did not trade TA, we let him go for nothing.  Now people think we should sign Bradley for 7M+ a year.  I like to see Bradley try to guard Durant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

To be a little more precise, Perkins was traded and he signed long term with OKC for about 8M over 5 years plus we got a first round pick also in the deal.  Consider what we got for Perkins and the amount of money required to sign him.  Tony Allen was signed for around 3M a year for 3 years.  All we had to do was giving him a little love and attention and I thought we could have kept him.  Ainge just seemed like he didn't care.  We did not trade TA, we let him go for nothing.  Now people think we should sign Bradley for 7M+ a year.  I like to see Bradley try to guard Durant.

[/QUOTE]

Letting TA go was one of the worst things DA ever did, that and letting Paul Pressey walk...with Pressey we win another title...with TA we were strong on D and had another good player on offense who could drive like a mad man...bad moves by DA on those two...we have missed TA's ability to cover front court players ever since.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Letting TA go was one of the worst things DA ever did, that and letting Paul Pressey walk...with Pressey we win another title...with TA we were strong on D and had another good player on offense who could drive like a mad man...bad moves by DA on those two...we have missed TA's ability to cover front court players ever since.

[/QUOTE]

I heard Ainge say that not pursuing Tony Allen was a mistake.   He should have made it a priority to resign him but, at the time, he probably thought that it wouldn't have been such a big loss. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Mel I like ya but Paul Pressey never played for the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think he means Posey.  Pressey, Posey, sometimes it is hard to keep track.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Tony Allen was almost universally ridiculed when he played here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, my boy Melly had a Senior moment and I am pretty sure he meant James Posey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

SO UNDERRATED, HE'S THE ROBERT HORRY OF HIS DAY BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY. JUST BRINGS THE TUDE and rises up in the biggest ways on D and kamikaze drives. that team's too tough for Durant and OKC. they got perk, but he's no allen. h sets the tone. total moxie, has gotten a lot better with his dribble and his passing and decision making. TA will b the difference maker in this series, its y i PICKED memphis to pull the upset! they will go up 3-1!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter! 

OMG Twitter Guy is still Alive!  Dude, where you been vaca in Hawaii?  Bottomline is DA is a joke and the only way he wins anything is a gift from a former C player!    Look Commy, Tommy H and all the other bag holders will have a LONG way to wait for anything to cheer for.   Best to ya!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the long and the short of tony allen's disappearance is that it was directly related to ainge skimping cash in order to give a nice fat contract extension to our 55% free throw shooting savant "veteran all star" point guard rondo.  so away went tony allen and in came porcelain marcheese daniels who was supposed to be better than allen somehow.  but he wasn't.  and he got injured tons and never hit any groove with the C's and was not really a defensive stopper either.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Hate to open old wounds but it was said above that A. Bradley could not guard Durant as Tony does. But, more important to us is that in Game 7 vs LA in 2010 the guy who walks on water in tinseltown, Kobe, shot 6 for 24 (25%) but it was the egregious difference in foul shots 41 to 18 and they got 21 just in the 4th qtr. that helped blow our 13pt lead from 3rd qtr. Tony Allen always gave fits to Kobe and who knows if he wouldn't have done the same to LeBron when the Heat beat us in 7 a couple of years ago. In retrospect, I'd rather have had him stay with us if there was a choice between him and Ray Allen. Heck, I'd rather have kept Perkins too instead of getting J. Green. Then we keep Ray Allen, KG & PP & they all retire in Green and we probably would have gotten #18. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hate to open old wounds but it was said above that A. Bradley could not guard Durant as Tony does. But, more important to us is that in Game 7 vs LA in 2010 the guy who walks on water in tinseltown, Kobe, shot 6 for 24 (25%) but it was the egregious difference in foul shots 41 to 18 and they got 21 just in the 4th qtr. that helped blow our 13pt lead from 3rd qtr. Tony Allen always gave fits to Kobe and who knows if he wouldn't have done the same to LeBron when the Heat beat us in 7 a couple of years ago. In retrospect, I'd rather have had him stay with us if there was a choice between him and Ray Allen. Heck, I'd rather have kept Perkins too instead of getting J. Green. Then we keep Ray Allen, KG & PP & they all retire in Green and we probably would have gotten #18. 

[/QUOTE]

you're right on all but we probably would have let perkins walk because he stunk and has stunk to this day.  the thing in the equation that danny DID NOT need to do was bid against NOBODY and hand rondo 10 million per in a back loaded contract.

as the team got older a guy like tony allen was needed more and more to spark plug on defense and if danny/doc had managed to keep a guy like nate robinson instead of throw him out like a sandwich wrapper we could have had a pretty electric bench to take some weight off the starters with nate, TA, davis, etc.- and at the time all of those guys would have been signed for under market value- nate was willing to play for 1 million a year if you remember, and tony allen at 3.5 million or even 3 million for four years would have been a bargain for the nut cupping time heroics he did in the playoffs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

tonite we saw all sides of tony, good and bad. he won the game but caused over time, best defender but just isnt alll there sometimees.. too aggressive for his own good. doesnt play situations too well.. two of the biggest bonehead moves i've ever seen in the clutch. first, he gets called for a 4-point play when there's no reason to foul westbrook.. then with no time left on clock, up by 4 points and he trips westbrook for no reason whatsoever.. he makes both foul shots, misses the third with ibaka lurking and who knows.. overall, tony is very indispensable on a any wiinning team. takes hots and drives when everyone else gets nervous, makes key steals, totally fearless...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, my boy Melly had a Senior moment and I am pretty sure he meant James Posey.

[/QUOTE]

And with that for once ( or maybe more than once) I totally agree with Mel. Especially on Posey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you're right on all but we probably would have let perkins walk because he stunk and has stunk to this day.  the thing in the equation that danny DID NOT need to do was bid against NOBODY and hand rondo 10 million per in a back loaded contract.

as the team got older a guy like tony allen was needed more and more to spark plug on defense and if danny/doc had managed to keep a guy like nate robinson instead of throw him out like a sandwich wrapper we could have had a pretty electric bench to take some weight off the starters with nate, TA, davis, etc.- and at the time all of those guys would have been signed for under market value- nate was willing to play for 1 million a year if you remember, and tony allen at 3.5 million or even 3 million for four years would have been a bargain for the nut cupping time heroics he did in the playoffs

[/QUOTE]
    Agree. Big Baby maybe not, but the other 2 spot on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I heard Ainge say that not pursuing Tony Allen was a mistake.   He should have made it a priority to resign him but, at the time, he probably thought that it wouldn't have been such a big loss." 

Tony Allen was an arrogant self loving individual when he played for the Celtics. When fans made eye contact with him he looked away or scowled as to demean such lowly mortals imo. His decisions on court and off were suspect to the point that coach never knew what he was going to do. The ultimate bad decision was to blow out his knee after the whistle which resulted in a nearly two year recovery that went on and on. How could DA trust such antics down the road.

In the end he was let go for next to nothing, the management never imagining he would actually grow up in his next life.....Sure, DA lamented his decision after the fact but such is life it was a decision based on fact and experience.

Guess it boils down to   would you rather go to war with an honorable ,respectful, modest individual or a crazy warrior that would go to the line, sometimes foolishly making costly mistakes.

Think DA chose the former and later regretted it, obviously.

The price we all pay at one time or another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Big Baby maybe not, but the other 2 spot on.

[/QUOTE]

i know most people hated davis but he hustled like crazy on help defense and could have fed a robinson-allen tandem duo with his heady help defense plugging holes, hustling for loose balls, getting steals.  and like it or not, fatso could score some too. 

back when i was really into our three years of champ caliber teams i bought the league ticket and recorded every game to DVR.  lots of folks here either just hate davis or don't know basketball.  the guy ran his butt off on breaks and as a result passing and driving lanes opened up for others for easy deuces.  and he did many other things off the stat sheet. 

he was a mixture of seemingly immature moron but when the whistle blew he could play with a basketball IQ that was inordinately high for the otherwise moron that he appeared to be.  and that's just the way it was.  he had KG to knock him down a few pegs and he was hungry for money and success.  he may never be that way again.  and allen-robinson would have been a great slasher and slasher/shooter combo on the break.

dum danny

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Regarding Perk & Nate: I agree that Perkins stunk and was very infrequently a double double but in game # 7 he was needed to bang with Bynum & Gasol. KG only got 3 rebs and Sheed, at least, had 8 but also Odom & Artest killed us too on the boards. Again, with big body Perk...of course, as they got 41 foul shots he may have fouled out already by the 4th Qtr.

He also could control D. Howard.  Yup, after we had # 18...let him go but, Nate, I still fondly remember him and Big Baby( ugh...was drooling in the photo) when they were call Shrek & Donkey after Game 5 when we went in to LA up 3-2 &, unfortunately, Perk got hurt in game 6. Robinson is only 5'9" but he has played well for GS, Chicago & now Denver & averages about 10 pts in an off the bench roll. I'd rather have had him then Pressey & Bayless. Anyway, this is all a moot point and what is most frustrating is that at times the guy we got for Perkins, Green, has moves like MJ, Kobe etc. but other times he just stands around seemly unmotivated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I heard Ainge say that not pursuing Tony Allen was a mistake.   He should have made it a priority to resign him but, at the time, he probably thought that it wouldn't have been such a big loss." 

Tony Allen was an arrogant self loving individual when he played for the Celtics. When fans made eye contact with him he looked away or scowled as to demean such lowly mortals imo. His decisions on court and off were suspect to the point that coach never knew what he was going to do. The ultimate bad decision was to blow out his knee after the whistle which resulted in a nearly two year recovery that went on and on. How could DA trust such antics down the road.

In the end he was let go for next to nothing, the management never imagining he would actually grow up in his next life.....Sure, DA lamented his decision after the fact but such is life it was a decision based on fact and experience.

Guess it boils down to   would you rather go to war with an honorable ,respectful, modest individual or a crazy warrior that would go to the line, sometimes foolishly making costly mistakes.

Think DA chose the former and later regretted it, obviously.

The price we all pay at one time or another.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding everybody of the full-time bonehead version of TA that WE had. Not this more together version he has become.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's right...POSEY...lmao....I've got Pressey on the brain...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he means Posey.  Pressey, Posey, sometimes it is hard to keep track.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the assist...I think it's time for my HOVER-ROUND :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I meant Posey...lmao...hey, I'M OLD AND USED...lol