Tony Allen + James Posey = Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tony Allen + James Posey = Jeff Green

TA's slashing and Posey's 3-point shooting is what Jeff Green is on offense. Defensively, we'll see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Tony Allen + James Posey = Jeff Green

It is not often that a team gets a starter to play a backup role, and has success. This may be one of the exceptions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Allen + James Posey = Jeff Green:
    It is not often that a team gets a starter to play a backup role, and has success. This may be one of the exceptions.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

True!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Green may be coming off the bench but possibly could see starter minutes if what  they say is true... that Doc may use him at the 3 & 4.  Guess that means BBD will get more time at Center.

Cant call him a Posey when hes shooting like 30% from the 3, at least not offensively

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The more I think about this trade the more I like it. Green is better than both those guys,he has put up good numbers this year and played well in the series against LA . It would be nice he comes in and picks things up quick and gets extra minutes for a couple of weeks to give some guys a little rest before the home stretch and playoffs. Krstic is ok he'll contribute overall about as much as Nate did less spectacular but more consistent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I'm really hyped to see how Green reacts with Rajon. I envision Green getting to showcase his high wire act more with Rondo at the point than Westbrook. Not that he didn't get opportunities with Westbrook. I feel he'll get more with Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jeff Green is Cliff Robinson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I don't think Cliff was as high of a flyer. Cliff was good. Was he the all time UCONN scoring leader? Anyone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Tipoff in 45 minutes.  Another experiment begins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Green should flourish in the pick your poison offense. All five starters shoot over 50%. In addition, he should help with Lebron on defense.

I am still a sceptic in the finals against the Lakers with this line up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Maybe Perk will help take out the Lakers, or at least soften them up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't think Cliff was as high of a flyer. Cliff was good. Was he the all time UCONN scoring leader? Anyone?
    Posted by OneNation

Cliff spent ages 26-30 as a 19 point 6 rebound guy too tall for 3's but not quite bulky enough to dominant a 4. He was also the same type of md-30's 3 pt shooting % guy green is.

If green is your 3rd or 4th best player things are going VERY well for your franchise

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Green should flourish in the pick your poison offense. All five starters shoot over 50%. In addition, he should help with Lebron on defense. I am still a sceptic in the finals against the Lakers with this line up.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Two reasons not to be a skeptic.  One, we should have JO and Shaq and Nenad, and sometime Baby, to combat anyone.  Second the Fakers won't be there, count on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Posted by OneNation

Chris Smith is UConn's all time leading scorer. Cliff is in top 10!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thanks Shep

Yeah Cliff didn't blossom in college it was once he was in the pro's a few years that he became a very good player with a couple of great seasons, an all-star game and those 19-6 averages I mentioned. Like Green, a guy who as your 3rd or 4th best player makes you an elite team.

He was a tall SF who didn't really rebound as well as he should have for his height... but he could fill it up and shot 37-38% from 3 in his prime which i hope Green gets back to (his 2nd year 3% #'s were solid when he played more SF)... Cliff could also defend the heck of of SF's w/ his length and did ok against PF's... even playing some C later in his career.

no he is not quite the high flyer as Green, but I think they remind a lot of each other

Sections
Shortcuts