Tony Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upforglory. Show upforglory's posts

Tony Allen

This is Tony Allen time of  year, someone to play fierce D on the likes to Wade and Lebron. A lot of fans think the Perk trade was the turning point, but I think Danny's mistake was in not resigning TA, who isn't old, has incredible energy and despite spending half his professional life in Doc's doghouse, rose to the occasion against other terms' premier players.
    With him on the roster, either starting at the 2, or coming in as 6th man, we might be 2-0 or at least 1-1.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Tony Allen

Agreed... this was probably the mistake made... but at the same time Q was here. thats why he was expendable....and how can you predict the injury he incurred..really injuries have been the major factor .Hindsight is 20-20..but having that defensive stopper shure would help right about now..the only thing we can hope for is that they wear out before we do...our depth against their youth...which provides for more consistant returns?? I still think the longer the series goes, the better for us...get that first win (find their weakness) and go from there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upforglory. Show upforglory's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Allen:
    [QUOTE]Agreed... this was probably the mistake made... but at the same time Q was here. thats why he was expendable....and how can you predict the injury he incurred..really injuries have been the major factor .Hindsight is 20-20..but having that defensive stopper shure would help right about now..the only thing we can hope for is that they wear out before we do...our depth against their youth...which provides for more consistant returns?? I still think the longer the series goes, the better for us...get that first win (find their weakness) and go from there
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

A win in game 3 would be a start. I know Quis was considered a TA replacement, but I don't think he ever showed the same intensity. True, injuries have taken a toll, but with an old team and a coach who refuses to let the bench play big minutes, that's way it goes.
       I'd love to be wrong, but when I play coach from the couch and want to send someone in to stop Wade, I keep looking for TA and he's in Memphis.
       Doc has a great reputation, but I think the only way to pull this series out with our personnel would be to shake up the lineup, and I don't think Doc has the stomach for that.
       Who could tell RA, he's a sixth man (once a badge of glory)? Red, yes; Doc, no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Tony Allen was on the bench in game 7 most of the game last year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upforglory. Show upforglory's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Allen:
    [QUOTE]Tony Allen was on the bench in game 7 most of the game last year!
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]
    True. And we lost, as the starters ran out of gas. This year, we have even less gas in the tank, and even more need of Tony's defensive intensity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

TA would have been a great help to the Celtics this year.  He is definitely missed this year and especially in the playoffs.   Another bad decision to not negotiate with TA before he had an opportunity to sign with another team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Come on!

Give Tony Allen a chance in his new team.

Tony Allen is trying to prove himself in another team to embarrass the Celtics.

It is not that we really want to trade him but he is truly expendable because he blew our first and the second team during his time in Celtics.

What we truly miss is Posey, Brown, and Powe.

Cheers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Let's hope for Delonte West find himself in best form on behalf of Tony Allen.

Let's go Celtics, win game 3!

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts