Tony Parker on the block. Get him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Tony Parker on the block. Get him!

San Antonio looking to trade Tony Parker before he becomes a FA next year??

This could be an opportunity for the Celtics to build a quality championship team and address current weaknesses

Trade Rondo and Jermaine O'Neil for Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson

We get a well rounded PG who can shoot and plays a solid consistent game and
    a quality SF that we sorely need.  To me Parker for Rondo is a no brainer and as soon as Perkins gets healthy, we don't need 3 centers, not counting Erden. 

Of courrse there are probably trade resrictions with the above players, but find a way to make it happen!!    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Tony Parker on the block. Get him!

um, haven't heard ONE syllable about the spurs looking to let go of parker, have you?  do you have an article on this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Can't see the Spurs trading Parker. You'd think he'd be the player they'd be aiming to build their team around in the future. Although I'm sure if they were offered Rondo for Parker they'd jump at the opportunity.

Why would the Celtics even entertain the idea of trading Rondo?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Parker on the block. Get him!:
    [QUOTE]Can't see the Spurs trading Parker. You'd think he'd be the player they'd be aiming to build their team around in the future. Although I'm sure if they were offered Rondo for Parker they'd jump at the opportunity. Why would the Celtics even entertain the idea of trading Rondo?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

For many of the same reasons that Coach K sat Rondo just before our PG decided to quit Team USA.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

RUWorthy - sorry, as noted in another post, I mistakenly thought you were a different handle.
    The reason...is that Parker is a more complete and more consistent player.  Rondo's inept shooting has dibilitated the Celtics, especially in the closing minutes, when defenders dare him to shoot (and usually miss) 12 footers and double team Peirce or Allen. His free throw percentage is enbarrassing for a professsional basketball player.  Rondo's quicknesss and defense are offset by his liabilities.  Parker is a much more consistent performer and has all around skills.  Nobody would leave Parker undefended from the outside which creates advantage for Pierce and Allen.  The team would be bettter with Parker.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

to eldunker,
       I think you have RUworthy confused with another blogger that frequents this site. I better not say his name as I don't want to risk getting kicked off this site. Ru worthy is one of the good guys here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Now, I'd like to comment on this thread topic. I like Parker's game a lot and I think his wife would look great sitting in the Garden crowd. However as just about everybody on this site knows, I'm a big supporter of Rondo.  
       In regards to Jermaine O'neil, I wouldn't want to see him traded either. He just turned 32 years old and I have a gut feeling he's going to contribute a lot this season. He's a 6'11 260 lbs former all-star. These type of players don't come around every season. The Celtics now have the size and talent down low to give the Lakers a lot of trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

In Response to Tony Parker on the block. Get him!:
    [QUOTE]San Antonio looking to trade Tony Parker before he becomes a FA next year?? This could be an opportunity for the Celtics to build a quality championship team and address current weaknesses   Trade Rondo and Jermaine O'Neil for Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson We get a well rounded PG who can shoot and plays a solid consistent game and a quality SF that we sorely need.  To me Parker for Rondo is a no brainer and as soon as Perkins gets healthy, we don't need 3 centers, not counting Erden.  Of courrse there are probably trade resrictions with the above players, but find a way to make it happen!!    
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

OK. Lets stop and think about this for a second....
    Rondo is first-off much younger than parker and doesn't have the tony parker injury problems that have been happening the last 2 seasons. Rondo is a budding super star and is a top 3 pg in this league. I love Parker, but he cannot imporve anymore and Rondo isn't even near the ceiling. Parker counldn't shoot either when he entered the league and Rondo will get it and already has proven that he will be a better shooter (not the best, but better). Rondo is the best player on the Celtics, every sports writer and broadcasters states that too, and Parker would be the 4th or 5th best player on the team if the trade were to happen.

RONDO IS THE CELTICS IN TWO YEARS AND BEYOND. If Parker comes in then we have nothing in two years.

Giving up O'neal for Jefferson makes no sense. Then we would give up our main goal of the offseason, GETTING BIGGER. The C's cannot contend with LA's length if we lose another big.

Let's not forget to mention that Jefferson still hasn't proven himself in the league and is the worst player in this trade.

We would give up the 1st and 3rd best players in this trade for the 2nd and 4th. WHAT! WHY?! Not to mention a whole disruption of team chemistry.

I have faith in Danny and am 100% behind the Celtics. He will make something happen for that elusive SF before the trade dealine without giving up our best player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

For all you non-believers or those of you who have forgotten what Rondo's done in his short 4 year career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471322-nba-prediction-2011-rajon-rondo-is-the-best-point-guard-in-the-nba

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]RUWorthy - sorry, as noted in another post, I mistakenly thought you were a different handle. The reason...is that Parker is a more complete and more consistent player.  Rondo's inept shooting has dibilitated the Celtics, especially in the closing minutes, when defenders dare him to shoot (and usually miss) 12 footers and double team Peirce or Allen. His free throw percentage is enbarrassing for a professsional basketball player.  Rondo's quicknesss and defense are offset by his liabilities.  Parker is a much more consistent performer and has all around skills.  Nobody would leave Parker undefended from the outside which creates advantage for Pierce and Allen.  The team would be bettter with Parker.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

That's ok. I'm not impressed by the guy using a name so close to mine. He'll be banned soon enough I guess.

Parker is a great player, no doubt. But Rondo has a huge upside. I think you'll see how Rondo truly is as a player this season. Can he bounce back after the dissapointment from last years finals.

I'll be honest. I'd trade the Celtics anyone at the Lakers besides Bryant and Gasol (maybe even Gasol in a package) for Rondo. I think the best is yet to come from him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Parker on the block. Get him! : - RU Edithbunker, (?) I find you as confused as the character you seem to most ably represent. Under-achieving, over-reaching, attention-seeking rumour-mongering at best.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Hey RU Romanowski??  Lay off the steroids

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

After Tony Parker suffered that early season injury in 2007-08 he was never the same again. In other words he's damaged goods. 

The answer to all of Rondo's deficiencies is Delonte West. Doc trusts Delonte, if Rondo needs to sit late in the game Doc will not hesitate to let Delonte take over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't trade Rondo for any other Point guard. He doesn't need to shoot the rock 30 times a game like most of the present PG's in this league. He is faster than greased lightening and he understands his job. Parker is older and injury prone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Get 'em !
    Get 'em !
    Get 'em !
    Get 'em!     what da f**k !
    How many more you can accomodate in just 15 slot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Tony Parker was a horrible outside shooter at the beginning of his career but turned a weakness into a strengh..  Rondo should hire Chip Engel, Mark Price...I know he has been working with a shooting coach but it ain't working..yet.
    Parker is a Knick next year.  His wife is telling everyone how much they love New York. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]After Tony Parker suffered that early season injury in 2007-08 he was never the same again. In other words he's damaged goods.  The answer to all of Rondo's deficiencies is Delonte West. Doc trusts Delonte, if Rondo needs to sit late in the game Doc will not hesitate to let Delonte take over.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I would love to see DWest become the C's go to 4th quarter PG. We frankly need it.

If Rondo's fragile ego  can't handle that sort of challenge, then so be it.  

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Parker was a horrible outside shooter at the beginning of his career but turned a weakness into a strengh..  Rondo should hire Chip Engel, Mark Price...I know he has been working with a shooting coach but it ain't working..yet. Parker is a Knick next year.  His wife is telling everyone how much they love New York. 
    Posted by GregoBoston[/QUOTE]
      Mark Price has been Rondo's shooting coach. He was in the summer of 2009. I don't know about this summer though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

I'm not impressed by the guy whose name is close to mine who is undoubtedly a celtic fan but uses a Laker handle. Wassup with that? Then he suggests that he would package Gasol for Rondo. There would not be another Laker fan on the planet that would do that. In fact, Laker fans refer to Rondo as Brick Layer where as Gasol is a favorite of theirs (and rightly so).

Anyway, Rondo has serious flaws in his game and trading him for Parker is a no brainer, do it. Parker has rounded out his game and is a multiple winner of championships. That sort of experience you can't buy. He's a lot harder to defend because he has a good outside shot unlike Rondo so DA, if it's possible lets do this!

Gasol for Rondo....lmao. Lets see if we can swap Ray for Kobe while we're in that twilight zone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tony Parker for Rondo?  Have you all been watching since 2008. Rondo is the best player on the Celtics. He wins NBA playoff games singlehandedly whether it was Cleveland, Orlando, or the Lakers.  He can't shoot but even the stubborn ones on this BB have to know this guy is their best player. Nobody matches up against him. He is young and has holes in his game but he is one of kind and is irreplaceable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

O'Neal and Rondo for Parker and Duncan , keep dreaming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Parker for Rondo?  Have you all been watching since 2008. Rondo is the best player on the Celtics. He wins NBA playoff games singlehandedly whether it was Cleveland, Orlando, or the Lakers.  He can't shoot but even the stubborn ones on this BB have to know this guy is their best player. Nobody matches up against him. He is young and has holes in his game but he is one of kind and is irreplaceable.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Irreplaceable? Tell that to Team USA! They replaced him and won a championship w/o him.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Pity RUWorthy isn't the Lakers GM. He'd package Gasol and others for Rondo. With his cred the Lakers wouldn't win a championship for at least another 20 years!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Here we go again Pud.  International is not the NBA. You know that and your analysis is usually right on except for Rondo. He wins games, games the Celtics can't without him.  The US skated by with Durant but it means little in the  NBA.  I know you know that.  I used to hate anything Tony Allen did on the  court before this last  year. Then I saw I was wrong.  Maybe Rondo will do the same for you only in a bigger way. Cheers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

People keep talking about Rondo needs to improve his shot. Don't you think that would have happened by now? Maybe he just can't shoot.

I could hire all the trainers and coaches in the world. I'm never going to be an NFL QB. Either you have the skill, or you don't. I just think Rondo is just a poor shooter. And no matter how much he works on it, he isn't going to get much better.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

After reading the original post over a couple of times I'm thinking the poster who started the thread was just trying to be funny.  He certainly couldn't be serious and was probably just trying to keep things light as we head into the preseason.

Sections
Shortcuts