Too Many Bodies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Too Many Bodies

yep right now (with no additional moves) you would think that Iverson and Pressey would make a 15 man roster.

if for no other reason that they are areas of need.

but more moves will happen before camp and I am note falling in love with ANYONE on the current roster as it sits now.

I think Ainge would move ANY of them, if he thinks it will improve the team (and I include KO in that).

now I didn;t say it was LIKELY that Green or KO get moved, but I really think it could happen if Ainge gets a deal he can't refuse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

If it were me to start it would be....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    SG - Bradley, Lee, Brooks, 

SF - Green, Wallace, Mitchell

PF - Olynyk, Sullinger, Bass

C - Humphries, Randolph, Melo, Iverson

Positions I am sure would change as the season goes on.

KO over Sully? I mean i like him but he hasnt even played in a NBA game yet...Sully played in NBA games and looked good while KO hasnt had that chance. Dont pump him up so much or youre gonna be disappointed if he doesnt start.

He won't start immediately, but Olynyk is better than Sullinger.

He is better because of 3 summer league games?... Its way too soon to declare that. He looks great but most of them arent NBA talent. Wait until he actually shows it at the NBA level.

Why wait? It's obvious that Olynyk is going to be a star.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In the summer league Olynyk is shooting over 50% from the field, over 40% from 3 point range, and over 80% at the line.

It doesn't get much better than that.

The last Celtic who looked this good in the summer league was Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Probably better offers out there, but I wouldn't be opposed to a S&T for Ellis involving Bass, Crawford and Brooks. Seems like whoever is running the Bucks is doing it blind, so maybe there is opportunity there.

If we could get Ellis for 8M per, that would be interesting. Backup Rondo, scoring off the bench. He is a baller.

As I play various scenarios in my mind, I would not mind converting Rondo and Humphries/Wallace into Brandon Jennings and Andre Drummond.  Throw in Bass if you wish.  I just think that Danny is serious about tanking this year while rebuilding with young players.  He will trade Rondo for the right return.

Yeah Im sure nobody would mind that switch!  Except the Pistons who WILL NOT BE TRADING ANDRE DRUMMOND!  He is one of the most coveted young players in the league, has TONS of potential, and is still on a rookie contract, sooooo....

We would be lucky if that package netted us just Monroe, or just Jennings.  But we arent getting two rising stars for Rondo and those bad contracts.

I was with you until you labeld Jennings a rising star.  Sure, Drummond for Rondo may not be an even deal.  So throw in some change.  How long is Dumars willing to wait to win?  He just signed Josh Smith and a new ownwership is in place.  And why should I propose a trade where there is no obvious advantage for the Celts.  Clearly, Monroe for Rondo is advantage Pistons.

As for Jennings, it all depends upon Milwaukee's appetite to give him the $12M that he is seeking.  The Bucks don't see him worth $12M.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In the summer league Olynyk is shooting over 50% from the field, over 40% from 3 point range, and over 80% at the line.

It doesn't get much better than that.

The last Celtic who looked this good in the summer league was Rondo.

OH NO, he used the "R" word...LMFAO!!!!!

Now you've done it, you've cursed KO...KO will  be traded before the trade dealine TOO!!!

Whatever.

Olynyk is pretty amazing.

I can hardly wait to see him with Rondo and Green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was with you until you labeld Jennings a rising star.  Sure, Drummond for Rondo may not be an even deal.  So throw in some change.  How long is Dumars willing to wait to win?  He just signed Josh Smith and a new ownwership is in place.  And why should I propose a trade where there is no obvious advantage for the Celts.  Clearly, Monroe for Rondo is advantage Pistons.

As for Jennings, it all depends upon Milwaukee's appetite to give him the $12M that he is seeking.  The Bucks don't see him worth $12M.

[QUOTE]

OK I'll take back my labeling of Jennings as a rising star.  I think the Bucks could and would try to spin it that way in any deal involving him.   

Drummond is as untouchable as any young guy out there right now, and with Knight there already (Detriots party line: Yeah, we WANT RR but really don't NEED him) I think Detroit has a little more leverage than Boston.  

Even Monroe isn't as lopsided a trade as you may think.  Especially from the Pistons POV.  If you go to any Piston Fan discussion board, (which I've done)  90% of them think that getting Rondo wouldn't be worth giving up Monroe.  They love the guy.  If it was Drummond they would riot in the streets.

On the flipside here in Boston a large number of Boston fans want Rondo out, and would do it ASAP for min return.  Dumars isn't stupid and can use this in any negotiation between the two.  "why would I give you my 17pts 9rebs beloved stud of a bigman for your tantrum throwing, polerizing point guard?"

I just think that both teams overvalue their own players.  Dumars thinks Monroe is more valuable than Rondo. Ainge thinks Rondo is more valuable than Monroe. Drummond is completely off the table.   I would love to get either of those two guys I just don't see them getting it done.

And since you brought it up, why would you want Jennings?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duuuuuude, that is so wrong. Sully may have been taken 8 spots later in the draft, but Sully is a much better player now, and has a higher ceiling. And that's not a hit on Olynyk who has skill, but I bet you Sully is a future allstar.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Of Bass, Lee, Wallace, and Humphries...at least 2 of the 4, and preferably 3 of the 4 must go.  They must be replaced with a C, and SG/SF preferably.  If Rondo is also traded than obviously a PG must also come back.

Our Core is:

Rondo

Bradley

Green

Sully/KO

Everybody else is backups long term, with the obvious hole at Center.

Better refined for the 10 rotational players long term:

Rondo + ________

Bradley+brooks

Green+joseph

Sully+KO

______+_______

We are short 3...and joseph is far from locked into that role.  Melo and Iverson have far from proved they are locks at C.  Lee is a possibility at SG/SF as well if not traded.  Everyone else is J.A.G.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[/QUOTE]

Duuuuuude, that is so wrong. Sully may have been taken 8 spots later in the draft, but Sully is a much better player now, and has a higher ceiling. And that's not a hit on Olynyk who has skill, but I bet you Sully is a future allstar.

[/QUOTE]

Let me know when Sulliger starts shooting 3s at a 40% clip.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Guy hes only played 4 games so far. 4 SUMMER LEAGUE GAMES. I can understand your optimism but be realistic. He's not playing against NBA starting talent right here.

I am realistic.

Olynyk has more moves than just about anyone I have ever seen. Right hand, left hand, up and under, 3 pointers, free throws, he has it all offensively.

Rebounding and defense look average, but he does steal the ball a lot.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

As of now Olynyk is 3 for 12 on threes which is 25% not 40%.

Guy hes only played 4 games so far. 4 SUMMER LEAGUE GAMES. I can understand your optimism but be realistic. He's not playing against NBA starting talent right here.

I am realistic.

Olynyk has more moves than just about anyone I have ever seen. Right hand, left hand, up and under, 3 pointers, free throws, he has it all offensively.

Rebounding and defense look average, but he does steal the ball a lot.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

OK I'll take back my labeling of Jennings as a rising star.  I think the Bucks could and would try to spin it that way in any deal involving him.   

Drummond is as untouchable as any young guy out there right now, and with Knight there already (Detriots party line: Yeah, we WANT RR but really don't NEED him) I think Detroit has a little more leverage than Boston.  

Even Monroe isn't as lopsided a trade as you may think.  Especially from the Pistons POV.  If you go to any Piston Fan discussion board, (which I've done)  90% of them think that getting Rondo wouldn't be worth giving up Monroe.  They love the guy.  If it was Drummond they would riot in the streets.

On the flipside here in Boston a large number of Boston fans want Rondo out, and would do it ASAP for min return.  Dumars isn't stupid and can use this in any negotiation between the two.  "why would I give you my 17pts 9rebs beloved stud of a bigman for your tantrum throwing, polerizing point guard?"

I just think that both teams overvalue their own players.  Dumars thinks Monroe is more valuable than Rondo. Ainge thinks Rondo is more valuable than Monroe. Drummond is completely off the table.   I would love to get either of those two guys I just don't see them getting it done.

And since you brought it up, why would you want Jennings?

A Rondo replacement.  Nowhere near the same quality.  But he will be signed to a relatively longer term deal.

In the scenario that the Celts trade Rondo, they will need a replacement.  Rondo's contract is up in a couple of years and he will look for a large payoff.  Green can also opt out of his contract that year.  Completely cripples any FA play on the part of Celts.  I don't think that this will be a 1-year rebuild.  If Jennings can be had at a mild overpayment, there may be free agent room in 2-years.  That is asuming that Rondo nets a quality player on a rookie deal.

If not, development of a rookie point guard not currently on the roster means a 3-4 years process.  I prefer to keep Rondo in that case.  That is the likely outcome from my point of view.

• Sections
    Shortcuts