In response to santafesino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's horrible!!!!! trade him.

[/QUOTE]

But according to Fierce he's Worthy

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: too much, jeff green

you can't trade a guy who just had a wrench thrown on his ticker, who stank before that and stinks a little worse now who is signed for 9M a year.  that's untradable. 

did the c's make a worse signing in green than the pistons did in charlie V?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to santafesino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's horrible!!!!! trade him.

[/QUOTE]

But according to Fierce he's Worthy

[/QUOTE]

Since when did I say Jeff Green is Worthy?

What I said was Jeff Green is worthy of the comparison to James.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

You posted this

The difference is KG and PP don't have to carry the team all the time. Jeff Green and Rondo can be the James Worthy and Magic Johnson of this Celtics team.

Seems to me you are saying he is Worthy

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/rondo-present-roster-has-most-talent/100/6398445

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't what is worse - comparing Green to Worthy or comparing Rondo to Magic.

Both of those comparisons are outrageous.

Green signing is the worst signing by the Celtics that I can remember.  He was NEVER worth 9 million.  Never.

Ainge better get on the phone today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The problem with Green is the waiting and his showing up every three or four games.  He simply can't mesh with this team.  I don't know if he can with us or anyother team. He seems to get lost during games more than any other I  have seen.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics may have to trade a package with Sullinger to get what they need. Green loses value every game he plays less than twenty five minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you can't trade a guy who just had a wrench thrown on his ticker, who stank before that and stinks a little worse now who is signed for 9M a year.  that's untradable. 

did the c's make a worse signing in green than the pistons did in charlie V?

[/QUOTE]
    Agree that they shouldn't have given Green a 9million contract.  If the Celtics hadn't signed him, I don't believe he would have had many offers from other teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem2011. Show guesmem2011's posts

Jeff Green makes Derrick McKey look like a go-getter....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Green hasn't been great but hasn't been bad.  He's made good passes and played even better D but hasn't taken over any game nor rebounded great.   temper that with the fact that he hasn't played a lot of minutes.

overall, C+.   We should expect better but then we have to say the same about Pierce, Lee, Terry, Sullenger, Bass, and Rondo's D.   All of them have to improve or we're dead.

We'll know by Feb. 1 or so as to whether Green turns in more consistency for $9M.   Until then, We have to admit they all stink.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think we need MORE Green to judge....more minutes!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I talked to Jeff Green.

I said, "Jeff, is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said, "I don't know, and I don't care."

[/QUOTE] What did you say, after he said that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we need MORE Green to judge....more minutes!

[/QUOTE]

Green can't be traded until January 15, 2013. So he definitely will have enough time to turn things around.

[/QUOTE]
    I believe that he would be better if he played more minutes.  As suggested on another thread, Doc needs to give him the opportunity to start.  It couldn't hurt and he may flourish in a starting role.  If not he may never have the opportunity to prove if he is worth his current contract.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that he would be better if he played more minutes.  As suggested on another thread, Doc needs to give him the opportunity to start.  It couldn't hurt and he may flourish in a starting role.  If not he may never have the opportunity to prove if he is worth his current contract.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree. The problem is that would mean starting Pierce at SG because there's just no way Doc  will not start Pierce.

[/QUOTE]
    As already discussed by some of us, Pierce could be the 6th man and Green should be given the opportunity to start.  It may be a good idea for Doc to at least try it for a few games.  He may find out that Pierce is a good addition to the 2nd unit.  I love Pierce, but as an older player, he may be better in a backup role playing less minutes. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts