Too Old

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

Too Old

Seems like I have convinced Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe that the Celtics are too old to win another series, let alone the Full Deal. They cannot keep up with Wade and the King, and Rondo cannot do it by himself. It's a young man's game, you'd think that D.A. would remember Bird and co. going downhill. This current group has played well, and won a championship, nearly another, so that's nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck next year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Re: Too Old

They look oooooold. So wwhat now? They will likely lose the series 4-2. Why keep KG RAllen and Pierce next year??? KG will be 35, Allen 36, and Pierce 34...

and Shaq is 99 ( He turns 100 next year). They have 5 players over 30. If Ainge keeps these guys next year they WILL NOT go anywhere.

They are no match for Wade, Lebroth, or Bosh.

Need I say more? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

on the positive side, we are not saddled with stone footed blob perkins for 40 million dollars worth of nothing.  just rebuild it.  no albatrosses in the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Re: Too Old:
    [QUOTE]on the positive side, we are not saddled with stone footed blob perkins for 40 million dollars worth of nothing.  just rebuild it.  no albatrosses in the way.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Agreed..We did NOT lose the game tonight becuz we do not have Perkins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

It doesn't matter if this squad is old, Perkins, Rondo not having a jumper or whatever.

They just have to stop turning over the damn ball. Were saying its our number one priority to stop the turnovers and not them to get on the break but all I am seeing is Wade and Lebron playing pitch and toss. It wasn't Rondo alone it was everyone. Ray had some key turnovers that swung the momentum back to the Heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Yep...slowly realizing it....well...I remember my Mets winning in 1986 and my Celtis winning in 2008...how about the Bruins in 2011??????? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bunch of bull, Rondo was the guy who hurt us in the first quarter by not guarding Bibby and turning the ball over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I believe you're right, it's not that they're not trying, they are. There just comes a time in every athletes life, when no matter how hard they try, they just can't do what they once did. I think that time is now for KG, Pierce and Ray, i hope i'm wrong, but it's looking bad right now!!

Plus DWade and LeBron, could quite possibly be the 2 best players in the league right now!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm watching the Thunder / Grizzlies game

Watching these guys fly around the court makes me realize just how old the Celtics have gotten

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too Old : For the first time this season you said something that made sense.  I agree, our Big 3 are trying but they're just overmatched.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

There's no margin for error.  Like the announcers said, the starters AND the bench have to play their very best games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Bunch of bull, Rondo was the guy who hurt us in the first quarter by not guarding Bibby and turning the ball over.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Rondo is the key to the Celtics success or failure.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

For the first time, I have to admit the Celtics looked old tonight.

Home cookin may change the tone. We will have to wait and see.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Is it to early for a course of Yesterday when i was young!!!  I started to put HAHA, but it's really kind of sad!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the time for this realization is after we lose a game in Boston.  Teams have come back from down two games before.  I think there is better than fifty per cent chance we win both games in Boston. This team did not self-destruct overnight.  Nor did the Heat suddenly become without flaws overnight.  

The trade was made and Doc barely tried to integrate all the new players that were brought in.  Remember the push for Murphy and the way Kristic played the first eight or nine games.  What has happened over the last two plus months has been a complete lack of commitment to getting the new additions to the team ready.  Shaq was a fool's errand and shame on DA for not seeing that.  To bank your whole season on someone like Shaq was insanity.  Perk was not the answer but to dismantle everything for this last run should never have approved by Doc.

Still they are capable of beating any team.  If they are injured then that is a different story.  The Heat are a bunch of frontrunners who in an instant can collapse like a house of cards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Has every one forgot the 2004 Red Sox.  You watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Has every one forgot the 2004 Red Sox.  You watch.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You mean one of only three or four teams to ever reverse a 3-0 deficit?

We're not there yet, but if we get to 3-0 Heat I'm wondering if they blow the Celtics up or hope there's a season shortened by a lockout that would be perfect for their old guys...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Artist,
    That is of course what I meant. I think we will win both games in Boston and just point out that losing faith over two games in Miami is foolish at this point. They are tough hall of fame veterans and will not go easily to all this flash and egomania. Just watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too Old : Agreed..We did NOT lose the game tonight becuz we do not have Perkins.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!! Perkins is not close to the reason. I am sick of hearing about Perkins..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I think the time for this realization is after we lose a game in Boston.  Teams have come back from down two games before.  I think there is better than fifty per cent chance we win both games in Boston. This team did not self-destruct overnight.  Nor did the Heat suddenly become without flaws overnight.   The trade was made and Doc barely tried to integrate all the new players that were brought in.  Remember the push for Murphy and the way Kristic played the first eight or nine games.  What has happened over the last two plus months has been a complete lack of commitment to getting the new additions to the team ready.  Shaq was a fool's errand and shame on DA for not seeing that.  To bank your whole season on someone like Shaq was insanity.  Perk was not the answer but to dismantle everything for this last run should never have approved by Doc. Still they are capable of beating any team.  If they are injured then that is a different story.  The Heat are a bunch of frontrunners who in an instant can collapse like a house of cards.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

right on. it ain't over yet!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I still believe!!!!!