Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships...Boston #2...LA #4!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships...Boston #2...LA #4!!!

I posted this under the Thread  "Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject" but in case it should be missed I felt it worth a separate post & copied & pasted it here.

I invite any constructive comments by Lakeravenger, Laker Nation 32, Lakersfan 67, LALAKERsMAN & any other tinsletown troll Sportsteam Lovers ???

I only copied & pasted the Boston & LA Comments but go in to GOOGLE and put in "Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships" if you'd like see the details of the other cities.

Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships

These cities have won the most major sports championships
    By Jason Koebler…"US News & World Report"
    Posted: June 6, 2011

#1 New York, #3 Chicago, #4 Detroit (tie with  LA), # 6 Philly, # 7 Pitts
    #s8 Green Bay & SF/Oakland & # 10 St.Louis

2. Boston - 33 Championships

Legendary coach Red Auerbach led the Celtics to nine NBA championships in 13 seasons between 1957 and 1969, making up more than half of the team's 17 titles. Boston's teams haven't been shabby of late, either—after an 86-year drought, the Red Sox were able to shake off the "Curse of the Bambino" in 2004, winning their sixth title. They added another in 2007. The Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years between 2001 and 2005, the Celtics won the NBA finals in 2008, and the Bruins are currently trying to win their sixth Stanley Cup. The Boston Braves also won a World Series in 1914 before moving to Milwaukee, then Atlanta. Wrtten before Bruins' Championship !!!

4 (tie). Los Angeles- 22 Championships

With 16 championships, the Lakers are basketball's second-most successful team, after the Boston Celtics. But the franchise won five of those championships while playing in Minneapolis. Los Angeles has had a history of teams moving to and leaving the city—the Dodgers won one of their six championships while playing in Brooklyn, the Raiders, who spent 13 years in the City of Angels between stints in Oakland, won one Super Bowl in L.A., and the then-Los Angeles Rams won an NFL championship in 1951. The L.A. Galaxy have won two MLS titles, and the Anaheim Ducks and LosAngeles Angels of Anaheim have also won a championship each, both in the past 10 years.

By the way, I've lived in San Francisco, albeit California very different from LA (UGH!!!), for 40+ years but first 21 were in New England and roots run deep so I'm a Boston team fan first & local teams 2nd rooting for Boston when they play eachother. Local teams hate LA teams & it's gratifying in Sports Bars to see at least 75% fans rooting for Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Re: Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships

In Response to Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships:
    [QUOTE]I posted this under the Thread  "Celtics vs. Lakers - Thread to end all Threads on this subject" but in case it should be missed I felt it worth a separate post & copied & pasted it here. I invite any constructive comments by Lakeravenger, Laker Nation 32, Lakersfan 67, LALAKERsMAN & any other tinsletown troll Sportsteam Lovers ??? I only copied & pasted the Boston & LA Comments but go in to GOOGLE and put in "Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships" if you'd like see the details of the other cities.   Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships These cities have won the most major sports championships By Jason Koebler…"US News & World Report" Posted: June 6, 2011 #1 New York, #3 Chicago, #4 Detroit (tie with  LA), # 6 Philly, # 7 Pitts #s8 Green Bay & SF/Oakland & # 10 St.Louis 2. Boston - 33 Championships Legendary coach Red Auerbach led the Celtics to nine NBA championships in 13 seasons between 1957 and 1969, making up more than half of the team's 17 titles. Boston's teams haven't been shabby of late, either—after an 86-year drought, the Red Sox were able to shake off the "Curse of the Bambino" in 2004, winning their sixth title. They added another in 2007. The Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years between 2001 and 2005, the Celtics won the NBA finals in 2008, and the Bruins are currently trying to win their sixth Stanley Cup. The Boston Braves also won a World Series in 1914 before moving to Milwaukee, then Atlanta. Wrtten before Bruins' Championship !!! 4 (tie). Los Angeles- 22 Championships With 16 championships, the Lakers are basketball's second-most successful team, after the Boston Celtics. But the franchise won five of those championships while playing in Minneapolis. Los Angeles has had a history of teams moving to and leaving the city—the Dodgers won one of their six championships while playing in Brooklyn, the Raiders, who spent 13 years in the City of Angels between stints in Oakland, won one Super Bowl in L.A., and the then-Los Angeles Rams won an NFL championship in 1951. The L.A. Galaxy have won two MLS titles, and the Anaheim Ducks and LosAngeles Angels of Anaheim have also won a championship each, both in the past 10 years. By the way, I've lived in San Francisco, albeit California very different from LA (UGH!!!), for 40+ years but first 21 were in New England and roots run deep so I'm a Boston team fan first & local teams 2nd rooting for Boston when they play eachother. Local teams hate LA teams & it's gratifying in Sports Bars to see at least 75% fans rooting for Boston.  
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

You know as crazy as it seems the Patriots have gone the longest of the 4 major teams without a title.

Sections
Shortcuts