Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

  1. This post has been removed.

     
  2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Thanks for the link, Kirk.  I guess it's a commentary on the state of the NBA that eight of the ten "top" plays are dunks.  I know he brings more than that to the table, and I'm excited to see his all around game.
     
  3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Thanks for that Kirk

    That was his 2nd year when they let him play SF and run up and down the court having fun and dunking.

    Durant played a lot of SG that year for a terrible Thunder team as they had Collison @ PF and hadn't drafted Harden yet.

    when Green was moved to PF his game suffered even if he was a 16-6 player.

    Look for him to have fun again w/ Rondo out there chucking him lobs and insane feed Westbrook could only dream of making while playing his natural position.
     
  4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    ^ sounds good!  I see a lot of cutting to the hoop for layups/dunks, but can he take his man (SF) off the dribble?  I cant tell if he has a natural position, but he is bigger than I thought and with Ainge saying he wants to go small again like in 08' with KG at the 5, and Green at the 4, I just dont see P.P. and Ray getting much help...its good that Wafer and West are playing well, but I think they tried to sell us on the need for a backup for P.P. when it was a little of that, but more about moving Perk because he scoffed at the extension they offered, and dont forget they drafted Green so they always liked him.

    Lets hope he fits right into their plans without much transition.
     
  5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Danny didn't draft Green because he liked him.  Danny drafted Green in a pre-arranged trade.  Danny only drafted Green in that slot because that's who Seattle wanted him to draft as part of the Ray trade.

    Green can play 3 and 4.  He'll be good, we'll all like him, and he'll give Paul some rest.  However, we will not be a slower tough inside team.  We will be a little more athletic and fast.
     
  6. This post has been removed.

     
  7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    The Celtics will be a more dynamic team. Instead of BBD in the last 5 minutes it will be Green, KG, PP, Ray, and Rondo. Just like in 2008 when Posey was the PF in crunch time.
     
  8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]Danny didn't draft Green because he liked him.  Danny drafted Green in a pre-arranged trade.  Danny only drafted Green in that slot because that's who Seattle wanted him to draft as part of the Ray trade. Green can play 3 and 4.  He'll be good, we'll all like him, and he'll give Paul some rest.  However, we will not be a slower tough inside team.  We will be a little more athletic and fast.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

    Danny said if he wasn't drafting  for Seattle hed' have chosen between Green. noah and Yi... so he had a 67% chance of nailing a solid NBA starter and a 33% chance of a bust.

    But he peddled that pick for a vet right off the bat. Minny actually wanted to trade us KG for Al, the #5 pick and would have taken Raef over Ratcliff in that situation. BUT KG didn't see a contender in a team w/ Wally.. never his best pal in MN... over Ray, so claimed he'd walk after a year if dealt and nixed it.
     
  9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Slow down, cowboy.  It may be BBD in the last 5 minutes or it may be Green or it may be someone else.  I would guess Doc will assess the situation and put the person in that he needs.  

    Say, for example, its the Lakers or Orlando - its likely to be BBD or another big man.   We'd need size.  If however, it was Chicago or Miami - it may be Green.  All depends on the situation.
     
  10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]Slow down, cowboy.  It may be BBD in the last 5 minutes or it may be Green or it may be someone else.  I would guess Doc will assess the situation and put the person in that he needs.   Say, for example, its the Lakers or Orlando - its likely to be BBD or another big man.   We'd need size.  If however, it was Chicago or Miami - it may be Green.  All depends on the situation.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

    If the Lakers have Odom and Gasol on the floor then it will be Green and KG for the Celts. Assuming the Lakers make it to the Finals.

    HAHAHA!!!
     
  11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green : If the Lakers have Odom and Gasol on the floor then it will be Green and KG for the Celts. Assuming the Lakers make it to the Finals. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

    They would be better w/ Bynum b/c the gap between him and Baby is greater than that between Odom and Green, who are probably = players
     
  12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green : They would be better w/ Bynum b/c the gap between him and Baby is greater than that between Odom and Green, who are probably = players
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

    In crunch Phil Jackson usually plays Odom and Gasol.
     
  13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Green seems pretty athletic.  Like the left handed stuff in play #2 in the video. I  really do like the athleticism he brings, which lets be honest is sorely missing.  Also, one thing that isn't talked about much is the celts ft shooting.  With Rondo, per and Shaq we have 3 of the worst in the league.  I'm not saying I'm for the trade but I'm trying to see the positive and Green does seem like a great fit.  Apparently, he has a high basketball IQ and isn't a prima donna, which should allow him to fit in well as a role player off the bench..  Also, Kg's intensity will have to rub off on him especially on the defensive end.  He has the tools just needs a little mentoring..
     
  14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    In Response to Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]Green seems pretty athletic.  Like the left handed stuff in play #2 in the video. I  really do like the athleticism he brings, which lets be honest is sorely missing.  Also, one thing that isn't talked about much is the celts ft shooting.  With Rondo, per and Shaq we have 3 of the worst in the league.  I'm not saying I'm for the trade but I'm trying to see the positive and Green does seem like a great fit.  Apparently, he has a high basketball IQ and isn't a prima donna, which should allow him to fit in well as a role player off the bench..  Also, Kg's intensity will have to rub off on him especially on the defensive end.  He has the tools just needs a little mentoring..
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE] 

    good post
     
  15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    The problem is Jeff Green is wearing #8.

    HAHAHA!!!

    The curse of Toine?
     
  16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

    Re: Top 10 plays by Jeff Green

    Here is another link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHNEAvjIRY

    This guy looks extremly athletic. 
     
Sections
Shortcuts

Share