Top 25 Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Top 25 Celtics

Everyone has their own opinion. Rankings are fun but controversial.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

That has to be the answer. How else to explain Bill Walton checking in at 25th with 90 career games and neither Silas, Henderson, nor Ainge making the list at all?

I love Rondo, but he's ridiculously high at this point of his career.

I agree with the top three, but I'd bump Pierce down to 6th behind McHale and Parish. But that's me.

Did they also have a Laker list? Your guy belongs pretty high.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with some of your ideas. It's a fun topic. Before I looked at what you wrote, I listed some of my own that should be in the top 25. Paul Silas is a definite yes. Nate Archibald was past his prime with the C's but he was still a terrific player his first few seasons with the C's. His numbers went down his last few seasons. My guess is he played with the C's for 4 or 5 seasons. He was in his prime with Kansas City.
        Some of these players I don't remember such as Frank Ramsey, Jungle Jim or Easy Ed.  Heinsohn would have been chewed up and spit out by todays forwards. He was a great player during his era, but wouldn't cut the mustard against todays players.
        Walton was well past his prime when he played with the C's.  K.G should easily be in the top 10.
         Reggie Lewis was a great player and unfortunately died at the young age of 27. He posted some terrific seasons with the C's. Despite being a great offensive player, he was just as good as a defender. I really miss Reggie. It was fun to watch him develop into a great player. I still remember where I was when I heard of his death. It really struck me. No question that Reggie is on the list. He should probably be listed even higher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Everyone has their own opinion. Rankings are fun but controversial.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Controversial if the rankings don't suit you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why is Antoine Walker not on that list? 

Last year I was told that Antoine Walker is better than Paul Pierce.

HAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i really don't know if loscutoff or ray allen belong on that list. 

and rondo that high is comical given his lack of shooting.  guard to guard, playoff nut cupping time performance vs. the same in another player. JO JO WHITE has to be ranked higher than rondo.  jo jo rose to the occasions that rondo is still shrinking away from the in the playoffs with 4 years under his belt and now a fifth. 

once rondo changes and crosses the line into greatness he deserves a high spot.  but not until then.

so maybe you shuttle ray ray and loscy out and bring on silas and jo jo white? 

i don't know.  the list seeems fairly accurate to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree that Silas should be on this list....Cousy needs to be ranked higher.....McHale as well....Cowens ahead of Tommy.....not sure I'd put Loscy on the list....Ainge on the fringe maybe?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

kyceltic, can you post your updated list of All-Time Celtic Greats here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Top 25 Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Is there anyone out there who doesn't believe they publish articles like this just for the sake of controversy? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/542791-top-25-players-in-boston-celtics-history-where-does-paul-pierce-rank#page/2 25) Bill Walton 24) Tom Sanders 23) Frank Ramsey 22) Reggie Lewis??? 21) K.C. Jones 20) Donny The Boy Nelson 19) Jungle Jim?? 18) Cedric Maxwell 17) Easy Ed??? 16) Bill Sharman (Thank you Bill) 15) Ray Allen (what?) 14) Kevin Garnett 13) Rajon Rondo (some people like him) 12) Dennis Johnson 11) Big Red Dave Cowans 10) Sam Jones 9) Mr Cousy 8) Tommy Gun Heinsohn 7) Jo Jo White 6) Parish 5) McHale 4) Paul Pierce 3) Mr Havlicek 2) Larry 1) Mr Russell From an outsider looking in. No Paul Silas? I always sense a lack of appreciation for basketball in the 70's. In boston that 70's team was sandwiched between the Russell and Bird eras. And seem to get lost in the wash. It's criminal for Silas to lose out to Bill Walton. Arguments may also be made for the omissions of Gerald Henderson and M L Carr. Although has Carr's playing career been tarnished in Boston after his time as GM and Coach? If there was an all towel waving team ML would be top 5 starter. I think Greg Kite provided more for the Celtics than Walton. Albeit Walton had one great year off the bench for the Celtics. I don't think this should place him above Paul Silas. Would also move Easy Ed to 23 or 24 and move Jungle Jim down the list. More convinced Bill Walton may be friends with the author? Very VERY generous to have him on the list. No disputing he was a fine player. But one season with a team doesn't mean he makes a list like this. Using this system could Shaq make such a list if the Celtics in the championship in June? Reggie Lewis, with all due respect, I question his place on this list as well. True he's in the correct position on the list, towards the end. But we just don't know what kind of career he could have had. And potential careers shouldn't put one all all time 25 lists. Pierce at 4? I can agree with him being so high but I'd put him at 5. I agree with numbers one though 3. Number 4 for mine would be Heinsohn.  
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Cousy revolutionized the point guard position so I would move him ahead of all other Celtic point guards. Of course he didn't shoot the jump shot so some on here would drop him off the list completely.

I would also move Cowens up. He was a totally unique player that dominated games mentally as well as physically. Parrish would have to take a back seat to Cowens on my list.

I'd move Rondo up too but we can wait until his career goes on a little while longer. Clearly he is the best point guard since the Cous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

First Id move Cowens to #6.  Time makes peoples memories fade but this guy was unreal for the C's.

Too much to think about when making lists like this. Cant see Walton here, I love the guy as a player but he had one good season for us off the bench...Come on..

Silas is a definite. He was a big part of our winning titles.. 

Don Nelson really? Don was a good role player, when he got minutes. Hit a big shot against the Lakers and now hes an all timer..GO figure

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]kyceltic, can you post your updated list of All-Time Celtic Greats here?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

This should be comical.  Ray will rated number 4 on the list.  Not sure if Paul will make it or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]First Id move Cowens to #6.  Time makes peoples memories fade but this guy was unreal for the C's. Too much to think about when making lists like this. Cant see Walton here, I love the guy as a player but he had one good season for us off the bench...Come on.. Silas is a definite. He was a big part of our winning titles..  Don Nelson really? Don was a good role player, when he got minutes. Hit a big shot against the Lakers and now hes an all timer..GO figure
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Legends grow as time goes by

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

I would move Satch farther up the list. His work on the defensive end created the space for Russell to do his thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bill Russell, Dave Cowens, Larry Bird, KG, these are the 4 most important Celtics of all time. Without these 4 guys 17 turns to zero!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] Bill Russell, Dave Cowens, Larry Bird, KG, these are the 4 most important Celtics of all time. Without these 4 guys 17 turns to zero!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

If that's your top 4 then who do you have from #5 to #25?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics : If that's your top 4 then who do you have from #5 to #25?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

That's not my top 4, that's my top 4 most important, when i wrote that, i knew the average fan may not understand this post!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics :  That's not my top 4, that's my top 4 most important, when i wrote that, i knew the average fan may not understand this post!!

The title of the thread is Top 25 Celtics, by RUWorthy. Guess the below average fan could only come up with 4 Celtic Greats, huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Bill Russell, Dave Cowens, Larry Bird, KG, these are the 4 most important Celtics of all time. Without these 4 guys 17 turns to zero!!

Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Hondo, Pierce, KG.  Without these guys we don't win many

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics : Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Hondo, Pierce, KG.  Without these guys we don't win many
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

What was that you said about the top 25, and being below average?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

YOu can cut PP and KG out of both...without them, we only win 16. lol

The top list for responsibile for titles would have to be imo:

1. Russell

2. Bird

3. Cowens

4. Havlicek

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Sorry ONEONONE, that last post was for Fierce not you. My wife told me to be nice to you, but you're making it awfully hard!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]YOu can cut PP and KG out of both...without them, we only win 16. lol The top list for responsibile for titles would have to be imo: 1. Russell 2. Bird 3. Cowens 4. Havlicek
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

None of those guys were here for 17, hence KG, Hondo was a very important part of thr Russell, and Cowens title years, but not the most important, imo!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sam Jones is too low.  TEN rings!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics : You keep nagging like a wife. Show us your updated list already.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Who's doing the nagging here?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Sam Jones is too low.  TEN rings!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You got that right!!

Sections
Shortcuts