Top 3 Celtics Players?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kidkevin. Show kidkevin's posts

Top 3 Celtics Players?!?

I'm interested to see what people would say if I asked to list your TOP 3 favorite Boston Celtics players, who would they be? ...READY...GO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Top 3 Celtics Players?!?

In response to kidkevin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm interested to see what people would say if I asked to list your TOP 3 favorite deceased Boston Celtics players, who would they be? ...READY...GO!

[/QUOTE]
    What if we listed the top  3 least favorite Celtic players still alive... instead?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kidkevin. Show kidkevin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What if we listed the top  3 least favorite Celtic players still alive... instead?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

List Away!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

For me it's simple:

The Cooz

The Russ

The Bird

Well, not that simple actually - I'd add The Hondo - what about top 4 or, better yet, top 5.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

1. Russell

2. Bird

3. Havlicek

Kid I think personally the convo gets interesting listing top ten Celtics because we see more judgement calls and good arguments. 

I can't see how anyone could debate #1 and #2, but you have left wiggle room by saying "favorite" over "best." 

If I were making a "best" list it would be

Russell 
    Bird
    Havlicek

But if I were doing my faves it would be

Russell
    Bird
    Cousy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

'Best' is pretty clear. As Spankie said. Russell, Bird, Havlicek.

My favorites? Since I missed the Russ-Hondo era's.

Pierce, Bird, Reggie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

My top 3 to watch were Bird, Cowens & Havlicek

My top 3 as far as greatest would be Russell, Bird & Havlicek

Also loved watching Paul Silas, JoJo White, McHale & DJ

I became a Celtics fan around the mid 60's so I cant include Cousy cause I never watched him live except in an old timers game and a brief period with the Cin Royals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

YOu guys have named the top people, although I personally liked Tiny, Sharman,Heinsohn,Fat Freddy and KC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Favs: Russell, Sam Jones, Bird. I hated "watching" Heinsohn play, as I preferred not to see that ugly, over-the-shoulder shot and the hooks. However, listening to Johnny Most smoothed that image. Cousy, Havlicek, Pierce, DJ, McHale, Jo Jo, and many others were fun to watch. I always was in awe of KC's, Chaney's, and Cowens' intensity on defense. 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

'Best' is pretty clear. As Spankie said. Russell, Bird, Havlicek.

My favorites? Since I missed the Russ-Hondo era's.

Pierce, Bird, Reggie

[/QUOTE]

i'm gonna go with the post Russ-Hondo era's as well, 1980 and up.

Bird, Reggie, KG

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You did say favorites. I'm going clutch, Sam Jones, LB and Ray Allen. Who you want taking the last shot out of that bunch?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Don't forget the first great sixth man, Frank Ramsey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't forget the first great sixth man, Frank Ramsey.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't Ramsey in the HOF?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yes he is, Mel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

fav to watch? Bird, DJ, Pierce.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Unless you were too young to see him, it strange more people dont list Cowens as a favorite to watch. Opinions vary and everyone has one..I get it. Just the guy was an animal and played with Birds intensity or maybe even at a higher level.

Talk about getting your team going. Do many remember how Cowens used to go off on Kareem... or leaping over Reed for boards... or diving across the floor for loose balls??? Dave Cowens was such a joy to watch play I wish he got more recognition than he does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless you were too young to see him, it strange more people dont list Cowens as a favorite to watch. Opinions vary and everyone has one..I get it. Just the guy was an animal and played with Birds intensity or maybe even at a higher level.

Talk about getting your team going. Do many remember how Cowens used to go off on Kareem... or leaping over Reed for boards... or diving across the floor for loose balls??? Dave Cowens was such a joy to watch play I wish he got more recognition than he does.

[/QUOTE]  +18

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Cowens as I believe he epitomized an all-out effort on every play of every game. I remember seeing him with black and blue bruises all over his body as evidence of his physical style. He was an inspiration to his teammates who couldn't help raising their level of intensity to try to match his. I'm sure Mike Newlin still has nightmares. 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Cowens as I believe he epitomized an all-out effort on every play of every game. I remember seeing him with black and blue bruises all over his body as evidence of his physical style. He was an inspiration to his teammates who couldn't help raising their level of intensity to try to match his. I'm sure Mike Newlin still has nightmares. 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

As does Tom Burleson

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

McHale, Bird, Pierce

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

(no explanation necessary)