Top 3 for next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seventeenth. Show seventeenth's posts

Top 3 for next season

Definitely the Big 3 is toast but I think tweaking the roster will enable the Celtics to fight for the ring next year.  Here are the 3 things at the top of my list:

1. Improve interior defense. With Perk gone, the Cs interior defense was weak which also affected the other parts of Doc's defensive scheme.  Miami exploited it numerous times with Wade leading the way inside the paint for easy baskets.  When other team members help out inside the paint, it exposes the team to mid and long range shots.  I think a move is in order to get some interior help on defense.

2. Rondo must score.  From Rondo's current scoring average, he should bump it up to between 8 - 10 points per game.  Everybody saw how he was left open a number of times even when his left elbow was still not hurt.  Next season he should take those shots regularly.  If they go in, there will be a lot more opportunity for him to drive inside and exploit the opponent's defense. With a lot of hard work this summer, after his elbow heals, I think he will be alright next season. (Hey Rajon, sign me up for volunteer summer shooting coach and ball boy. Just let me know the time and place :)

3. Green must work hard to improve both defense and offense.  Green's scoring has been mentioned  a number of times by the so called experts but I think he has to develop both defense and offense equally.  He is such a versatile player that I think he has great potential in defending inside and outside. 

Thank you Cs for trying your best and going out in style.  Happy 18th in 2012 :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Top 3 for next season

Good post.

1. I don't think our interior defense was that bad.  It could be better but it did not cause our overall defense to falter.  Both Wade and James are in the top 4 in the NBA in FTs attempted.  They get to the rim alot so they get to the paint routinely.  We ended up as the number 1 defense in the NBA.

2. IN TOTAL AGREEMENT.  This will be an important offseason for Rondo.  When comparisons are made to other elite PGs, many folks suggest Rondo doesn't have to score so he doesn't need to have a significantly better shot.  Rondo will never be relied upon to score like Derrick Rose but he has got to keep defenses honest by being a more consistent jump shooter and foul shooter.  I hope we see a vastly different Rondo in October.

3. More than anything with Green, he must work on his attitude.  He has to "toughen up".  He needs to develop a "killer" mentality on the court.  The only Celtic who plays that way is Delonte West.  Green must work on his confidence and his belief that he truly is a "hard cover" for most defenders and he should exploit that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think this is Rondo's last stand. he need to work on his Jumper and freethrows. If he doesnt they will make a puch for a big name point guard 2012

I am a Rondo fan but he clearly needs to improve his game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

BLOCKBUSTER MOVE:

If I were Ainge I would AT LEAST consider packaging Rondo, Green, BBD and that #1 for Chris Paul and Ariza. Before I get flamed here's why.

You put Chris Paul with this group and it's going to be easier getting Howard the following year when a bunch of money comes off the books. Paul still gives the Celtics a chance to win next year. Maybe Paul brings you David West as well. Paul gets a chance to win a ring with the Big 3. It's worth exploring. I don't beleive Rondo can improve his shot that much over a summer.

Ariza would be the perimeter defender we need and allows PP or RA to come off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 for next season:
    BLOCKBUSTER MOVE: If I were Ainge I would AT LEAST consider packaging Rondo, Green, BBD and that #1 for Chris Paul and Ariza. Before I get flamed here's why. You put Chris Paul with this group and it's going to be easier getting Howard the following year when a bunch of money comes off the books. Paul still gives the Celtics a chance to win next year. Maybe Paul brings you David West as well. Paul gets a chance to win a ring with the Big 3. It's worth exploring. I don't beleive Rondo can improve his shot that much over a summer. Ariza would be the perimeter defender we need and allows PP or RA to come off the bench.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I would make that trade YESTERDAY.  In a heartbeat.  The Celtics have evolved into a team that does not necessarily serve Rondo's talents best.  I would have no qualms with this trade proposal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

1 Bias: Flamed?...that would be an absolutely theft; no way NO makes that trade...
    2 watching Rondo and Jeff Green next year could lead to a lot of shock and awe (but not neccessarally in that order); both are great talents that leave you wondering?
    3 I've been thinking with Rondo's left arm dangling for the next 2-3 months, he might have an excuse not to shoot jumpers this summer. So, my solution, George McGinnis; have him work with Rondo on that famous one handed jumper he had; Rondo has freakishly huge hands, so he could execute that type of shot; could really add to his game because it's basically an in rythm, at the elbow jumpshot that if Rondo could sink it regularly would make him a true all star.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

BLOCKBUSTER MOVE: If I were Ainge I would AT LEAST consider packaging Rondo, Green, BBD and that #1 for Chris Paul and Ariza. Before I get flamed here's why. You put Chris Paul with this group and it's going to be easier getting Howard the following year when a bunch of money comes off the books. Paul still gives the Celtics a chance to win next year. Maybe Paul brings you David West as well. Paul gets a chance to win a ring with the Big 3. It's worth exploring. I don't beleive Rondo can improve his shot that much over a summer. Ariza would be the perimeter defender we need and allows PP or RA to come off the bench.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Two things.....

-1- Why on earth would Paul go where the entire roster will be turned over the following year and oh um by the way have no chance of winning?

-2- Didn't Rondo improve his shot dramatically last summer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 for next season : Two things..... -1- Why on earth would Paul go where the entire roster will be turned over the following year and oh um by the way have no chance of winning? -2- Didn't Rondo improve his shot dramatically last summer?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dudder, I see your point but look at it like this. Paul would come and have a good chance at a ring next year, then he knows the C's will have plenty of money to go get Howard or anyone else. Yes I'm way out this on this but I'd be willing to do it if we got a ring next year and I think Paul would too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

We would have a better chance at getting a ring with Chris Paul at PG instead of Rondo.  This I know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Top 3 for next season : Dudder, I see your point but look at it like this. Paul would come and have a good chance at a ring next year, then he knows the C's will have plenty of money to go get Howard or anyone else. Yes I'm way out this on this but I'd be willing to do it if we got a ring next year and I think Paul would too.
    Posted by BiasLewis

So Paul will sign a one year contract?  Not even a remote chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

I agree with Petey,  This would be a great move for the Celtics and would improve this team.  I agree that Rondo definitely needs to develop his shooting ability. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Agree with Bias Lewis...run, don't walk, to try & get Chris Paul as I say below even up for Rondo !!! And need for Howard will not be as desperate !!!

I sense that the BIG 3 will be back next year. I read in a sports journal somewhere---don't recall the source---that Kobe could become a Celtic...UGH !!!

Remember when Jeter was not immediately gobbled up by the Yankees and there was talk the Red Sox would love him & quickly thereafter he was resigned. I do not believe the Lakers would ever let Kobe go to the Celtics. 

As a spetuagenarian I like older guys still able to compete in sports and I believe the Big 3 have another year in them perhaps all playing 1/2 minutes. And you know, although Kobe is a DIVA, but far fetched as it is, if he did come to Boston, Garnett & group would not let him have his way as he has done with LA. With Rondo healthy next year, Jeff Green & Delonte West now more experienced working with this team, we should consider getting rid of BBD & somehow get a young powerful center. but keeping JON too.  Don't know if we can get Howard, maybe need to offer Rondo with BBD and some $ & draft picks. I'd even swap Rondo even up for Chris Paul. Having a guard who can shoot from the perimeter and can drive to the basket too, we would not need someone as dominant as Howard under the basket as opponents would need come out and defend Paul as many did not Rondo not fearing his shooting so had an extra person underneath for rebounds.

Any Thoughts ???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Mandobello,

Why would Kobe ever want to join the Celtics?  This would never happen. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Nice trade idea.  I have been telling my friends out here in LA that if we had CP3 we would had beaten  the heat  cause is he is scorer and can steal the ball and run for layups.  Also, I like Rondo but he is not an offensive threat and that hurts the biig 3s game cause they need easy point attempts from their PG.  DWill, Nash could have helped us beat the heat i believe.  Dwest is a SG and not a true PG but i would not trade him but get a back up PG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Sections
Shortcuts