Top Lottery Picks Stat Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Top Lottery Picks Stat Comparison

The Consensus Top Picks - plus Rodney Hood: 

Points =  Parker 23 - Smart 22 - (Hood) 20 - Randle 19 - Wiggins 16 - Gordon 12

FG%  =  (Hood) 62 - Randle / Parker 55 - Wiggins 53 - Gordon 49 - Smart 42

3pt%  =  (Hood) 59 - Gordon 56 - Parker 50 - Smart / Wiggins 31 - Randle N/A

RPG    =  Randle 13 - Gordon 9 - Parker 8 - (Hood) / Wiggins 5 - Smart 4

APG    =  Smart 4 - the rest tied 2

Best Combined Statistics: 

1. Parker and Hood (tied) 

3. Randle

4. Smart and Gordon (tied)

6. Wiggins

Rodney Hood moves up from preseason late first round /early second round projection to potential top 6 pick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Re: Top Lottery Picks Stat Comparison

I want no part of Aaron Gordon. I see Blake Griffin in him. Super athletic, which makes you think of what could be. The other guys I salivate over

Hood is a solid player. Did a good job finishing through contact last night.

Still really like Selden, Grant, James Young, Embiid, Gary Harris, Noah Vonleh. The Celtics are going to get a very good player. Whether it's a superstar is to be determined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:

I want no part of Aaron Gordon. I see Blake Griffin in him. Super athletic, which makes you think of what could be. The other guys I salivate over

Still really like Selden, Grant, James Young, Embiid, Gary Harris, Noah Vonleh. The Celtics are going to get a very good player. Whether it's a superstar is to be determined.

Blake is a bad comparison to Gordon.  Gordon is a very good defensive player.  Blake can't play D.  Gordon is an astute passer.  Blake isn't.  Gordon has a very accurate outside shot.  Blake doesn't.  

Gordon needs to move better without the ball and be more aggressive taking the ball to the hoop.  He's a freshman and those skills are learned and fixable.  The rest of his game is solid. I think he will be a beter all around player in 2-3 years, than Blake, who has serious deficiencies, is grossly over-rated and has reached his peak.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

Blake is a bad comparison to Gordon.  Gordon is a very good defensive player.  Blake can't play D.  Gordon is an astute passer.  Blake isn't.  Gordon has a very accurate outside shot.  Blake doesn't.  

Of the players you mention, only Young is a consideration at 11.  I still take Gordon or Hood first.  Embiid will be gone (and I pick Exum over Embiid every day at 8). and the others you mention are not good values at 11 IMO, but later first round picks.    

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Gordon has an accurate outside shot when he's 5-9 from three. He gets a lot of his points either on dunks or close to the basket. The athleticism is off the charts, so he can dominate players based on just that. Duke didn't have anyone on their team that could come close to guarding him. He'd be a dangerous weapon if he learned how to shoot FT's, considering how much contact he's going to draw down low.

Give me Rodney Hood over Gordon every day. Hood does a lot more for me and is only an inch smaller. Really excellent outside shooter, should be able to rebound better as he fills out a little bit more, good passer, etc.

Wayne Selden is my guy though. I would take him or Young at 11 and feel great about it. Grant needs a more consistent outside shot if he wants to start climbing draft boards. Saw a mock with Cauley-Stein at 11 and him at 30 and I threw up. People seem to like Montrezl Harrel more than I do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really like Seldon and Embiid. Seldon is a baller. I've seen him do everything and anything to help his team win. He could be an excellent combo guard for us if the balls fall the right way. Maybe that Nets/Hawks pick?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

So what is the consensus on Jabari ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I would take the best player in the draft that is available to the Celtics or trade the pick. Is there any other choices?

Sections
Shortcuts