Toronto Division Champs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Re: Toronto Division Champs

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now the Raptors are the #1 team in the Atlantic Division.

Ever since the Raps traded Rudy Gay, the Raps have become a better team.

So if this trend continues, the Celts need not worry about making the playoffs because they're division champs.

Also, the Celts can end up with 2 lottery picks in 2014 if the Celts, Nets, and Hawks miss the playoffs.

For that to happen, 2 teams worse than the Celtics, in the standings, must step up and overtake the Celtics and Hawks.

Right now the Bulls, Knicks, Magic, and Cavs are still very much in the hunt for a playoff spot.

So it's not too far-fetched expecting the Celts to end up with 2 lottery picks this year.

[/QUOTE]

YEAAA...that means the dream can continue

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Raptors got better by trading a 'star' player, clearly the best player in the deal, for lesser role players and salary cap space??

Huh... who would have thought that possible.

I mean, how can anyone DARE argue that a deal that doesn't include equally skilled player for player swaps be considered fair?

How can anyone say a team may lose only a 'little' overall when it's best or 2nd best player is traded for solid role players that fit a system better.

Hahahaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Go Raptors! 

They have a clear shot at the Atlantic division. 

"Also, the Celts can end up with 2 lottery picks in 2014 if the Celts, Nets, and Hawks miss the playoffs."For that to happen, 2 teams worse than the Celtics, in the standings, must step up and overtake the Celtics and Hawks."

Yup - though the Hawks are still a pretty good team. They need another season ending injury. :) I just don't see how they can get into the lottery. The Nets might well stay there.....but the Hawks still have quite a bit of talent.

"Right now the Bulls, Knicks, Magic, and Cavs are still very much in the hunt for a playoff spot.So it's not too far-fetched expecting the Celts to end up with 2 lottery picks this year."

It's not out of the question but I think Atlanta is not going to be in the lottery. Which is why it's so important the Celts get their own pick. The problem with your list above is that it still comes down to the Knicks or the Raptors beating us for the division. That makes me pretty nervous, those teams stink. We will have our work cut out for us getting our own lottery pick, much less getting another. I like your optimism though. :) 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mployee those predictions could definitely happen. The Celts are still divided between lottery and playoff bound in a sorry conference. 

I do believe Ainge will make a decision before the trade deadline whether to improve the team further or attempt to head closer to the lottery by trading experience for young talent or expiring deals. 

So, in theory the Celts could definitely advance to the second round, especially if Ainge chooses to strengthen them further in trades. 

I prefer the lottery but I don't have a problem with either direction as long as Ainge makes a choice. And as long as folks realize that the second round of the playoffs isn't such a big accomplishment in such a sorry conference. The bigger concern is the huge gap between us and the Heat/Pacers, which I believe can only be bridged by lottery-caliber talent.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mployee those predictions could definitely happen. The Celts are still divided between lottery and playoff bound in a sorry conference. 

I do believe Ainge will make a decision before the trade deadline whether to improve the team further or attempt to head closer to the lottery by trading experience for young talent or expiring deals. 

So, in theory the Celts could definitely advance to the second round, especially if Ainge chooses to strengthen them further in trades. 

I prefer the lottery but I don't have a problem with either direction as long as Ainge makes a choice. And as long as folks realize that the second round of the playoffs isn't such a big accomplishment in such a sorry conference. The bigger concern is the huge gap between us and the Heat/Pacers, which I believe can only be bridged by lottery-caliber talent.

[/QUOTE]

A lottery caliber talent takes 3-4 years to contribute,most of them nver reach their potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The best way for this team to get better is for DA to have multiple chances via the draft to bring in guys who are very good to great players.  (I am assuming the C's won't have  a chance at a Parker or Wiggins but could find a good player in the draft later than 1-2.) 

I still think the right thing to do is for DA to trade out before the deadline and bring back as many future chips as possible - picks, young players, etc.  I look at a team like the Pacers and think that the Celtics can be a team like that in 3-4 years with a decent (not elite) FA pickup like West and a top five pick that could land a guy like George.  If they could land a guy like Asik, thinking big picture, this team could be pretty good if Danny can find some talent to add around Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger, etc.  Easier said than done I realise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce started this thread saying that since trading Rudy Gay the raptors have become a better team.

That must mean he think Rudy Gay for John Salmons is a fair swap. Right Fierce?

I don't.

But that is the kind of stalking mentally ill garbage the clown would be bringing if I talked about the Raptors deal being 'fair' value for Rudy Gay. Hypocrite? Of course he is.

I mean there were FIVE other players in that deal between Toronto and Sacramento... and it was almost entirely a money clearing move for Toronto. But when it comes to the Indy/Boston proposal I said you could argue was 'fair' Fierce could only see it as 'Hill for Rondo'? Hahaha... I know, pretty dumb.

So after unloading easily the best player in the deal, the Raptors ripped off a bunch of wins right after that trade. They are BETTER without Gay. Rudy Gay is the Rajon Rondo of SF's. A poor shooting long and lean freak athlete with multiple other talents who no team is going anywhere with if he is their first or second best player.

And I can't argue that moving Rondo to get slightly WORSE (not better like Tonronto did) so we have a better lotto pick... while saving 27 million and getting two future first rd picks is 'fair'

Ha! Fierce sure lost that argument. His posts on the similar deals other teams make is just more ammunition in my pocket:-)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

While I would prefer to see Boston get a top 7 pick.... the second round of the playoffs with a healthy Rondo is fun to think about as well.

While I think those who feel we will get a top 7 pick for Rondo the way Philly did for Holiday are fooling themselves... I could see Danny doing some sort of 3-way trade or move at the draft of either our pick or the Nets/Hawks in the teens with Rondo for pick 4-5 that would be needed for Marcus Smart. Ainge loves smart and the freedom from RR's salary would allow us to afford a Smart-Crawford-Bradley-Lee backcourt for Marcus's entire rookie deal. Can't sign Crawford if Rondo is here.

A pick in the 6-8 range should land one of Zack LaVine or Dante Exum if Ainge wants to go even younger/more developing needed than Smart or simply can't get into the 4-5 range.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed but if able to upgrade talent by the trade deadline with an Asik or Sanders type player he must go with the sure thing over the uncertainty of our draft position in the future.

There you go again.

Didn't you say you didn't predict Larry Sanders to the Celtics?

So why are you speculating that Ainge will upgrade talent at the trade deadline by getting Sanders or Asik?

[/QUOTE]

Just a thought here but maybe Ainge knows that adding Asik will make the C's more competitive and he is waiting as long as he can to make the move. A trip out West should bring many losses and put put the C's in better Lottery position before he "has" to make the move. I am sure as much as Kevin has done for us in the past, he still has some of his heart in Boston and would not mind assisting us once again. Thoughts?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

Where's the post that I said Rudy Gay for John Salmons is fair?

Right from the start you already lost this argument because I never said Salmons for Gay is fair.

[/QUOTE]

Oh we are having an argument now??

I simply asked if you thought Gay for Salmons was fair. Based on the idiotic logic you used in attacking/stalking me over Rondo/Hill I thought you may have felt that was a fair swap of players? I take it you do not? But you liked that trade for Toronto. Why?

You are on the record as saying 27 million in savings and TWO first round picks would not be as big a trade piece as George Hill then you must also feel that the 15 million the Raptors save next year is not as big as John Salmons, the guy playing Gay's position like Hill plays Rondo's.

Right Fierce?

We weren't having an 'argument' over this... but if you want to, I am open to debating with you the merits of draft picks, $ savings and cap space when it comes to trades. Since you apparently don't recognize them as possibly being the main pieces coming back to a team

I win that debate every time.

I am also open to debating why you are such a hypocrite. Why do you think the Raptors trade of Gay for role players and major $ savings could be considered 'fair'  but a Celtic trade of Rondo to Indy for role players, cash savings AND draft picks cannot be considered fair.

How do you justify your flip-flopping and ignorance?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts