Tough Game Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Tough Game Tonight

C's can't buy a foul going to the hoop.  Pierce has been hacked several times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Tough Game Tonight:
    [QUOTE]C's can't buy a foul going to the hoop.  Pierce has been hacked several times.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I would like to point out that west has began to play great...even on defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Wow.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

As I feared, they ran out of gas.  Ray was particularly empty tonight.....gave us absolutely nothing.  The team was clearly not there in the first half and just faded at the end on both offense and defense.   Foul calls we didn't get like when they knocked the ball out of Ray's hands and then we lose all fire.  Clearly, the team had no fire at the end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tough Game Tonight : I would like to point out that west has began to play great...even on defense
    Posted by dahc13[/QUOTE]

Agreed, in fact he is pretty much the only positive in this game....Rhondo just looks awful...he is so lacadasical sometimes its annoying... also painful to watch him shoot.....Ray sucked tonite as well.... hopefully this can be chalked up to the disruption of the team and the shorthanded roster........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Machievalli. Show Machievalli's posts

A better team won tonight

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If we come out with Fire next game hopefully we will have a little more gas in the tank.  I kind of expected this tonight.  I guess Doc didn't think much of Avery. 5 minutes  with us being so shorthanded should tell us something.  Maybe he hasn't come as far as some think.  Would have been nice to have the Thunder guys tonight.  We need to get on one of those 10 game winning streaks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

thats what happens when you learn your best friend is gone... must have been tough of him(Rondo) .... don't know what Ray's excuse was though

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Markes, the issue isn't who'll miss who.  The issue is who will get tired in the think air of Denver when they have no subs.  We have 3 subs and one of them is Avery Bradley.  So, we cannot even take BBD, Ray, PP, and KG off the floor at the same time because there are only 4 players left. That's the issue.  Our starters will play well until and unless they get gassed from having to play so many minutes in the thin air of Denver.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I see your point, and I wasn't accounting for locale, necessarily - which, in this case, is a legitimate factor beyond usual home court.
    I followed the last few minutes of the game online, and you proved to be correct. 75-73 Celts with over 3 minutes left, then the Nuggets passed them up down the stretch, going away.

They did sign Chris Johnson to a 10-day and he did play and show a bit with a few points and 3 blocks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Wouldn't read to much into this, celtics probably upset that perk got traded and weren't mentally up for it. Right the ship by winning the next game is an easy solution.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

[QUOTE]A better team won tonight
    Posted by Machievalli[/QUOTE]

No they didn't.  The celtics are clearly a better team then the Nuggets they are just in a transition phase....shorthanded with 8+dLer...give it some time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Thats why I don't gamble. Every prediction I made about last nights game was wrong. Teaches me to keep my mouth shut.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The Celtics had what 8 players last night? That game was incredibly painful to watch but this was expected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics will have to take their mourning period and get over it now.  We all spent so much time on the trades on this board and we're just fans.  Imagine how the team felt and then to play in Denver with a running team playing helter skelter.....just no life at the end.  

Like us posters, the team has to stop mourning and move on, welcome the new teammates, and play better.   I'm betting they will be professional and move on.

But, I do think of all the teams who experienced trades, the Celtics had the tightest group and the "Umbuntu" motto was disrupted by Danny.  I hope it only took one game to learn to deal with it.  We'll see!  

Sections
Shortcuts