Trade at the Deadline= Failure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure

If we did not have Jeff Green, LeBron would have really gone after Paul.  The trade was a gamble that Shaq will recover.  That did not happen.  Danny had very little to play with.  He played with an eye towards the future.  I don't blame him.  All things considered, the only thing he did wrong was not anticipate the injury to Rondo.  And there is no way he could have done that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Lebron knew how bad the trade was. He was very shocked they would trade Perkins and immediately said the Celtics were less feared. Relying on Shaq is delusional. He's 40 years old and weighs 380 pounds. No way he recovers from an Achilles with the weight he is bearing and the strain he places on his feet.

Danny Ainge is a total idiot. We have no center now. And the Big three is too old. This was their last chance to win. Its over for this group, and Lebron and DWade are going to 4-peat at least

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure:
    In Response to Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure : Agreed, that is a point that actually gets overlooked a lil too much
    Posted by MinniSoxFan

Agree with you about the trade.  The Celtics just needed another bench player to replace Marquis.  This shouldn't have involved trading one of the starters. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Trade at the Deadline= Failure:
    I'm a diehard C's fan, and I absolutely hate second guessing. But until the trade deadline, this team seemed to be clicking on all cylinders with the return of Perk. Following the trade, Danny Ainge tried to justify himself by claiming "I didn't feel we were progressing as much as we needed to." After this series, it's clear we simply did not have the inside presence, as evident by the fact that Wade was able to drive at will, nor was the team chemistry up to par, which was present during our successful run as the top team in the East before the trade, in order to contend. Which leads me to the conclusion that both the trade itself, and the justification for it do not hold merit, and it may have cost this team its last chance at a ring with the current core.
    Posted by MinniSoxFan

the trade was the last straw - however, it was a strategic error to hire Shaq at the BEGINNING of the season. If one knows the team is already old, why would 1 hire a dinasour?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

For Ainge to think putting the the season on the backs of 2 very old and worn out centers was beyond foolish.  I give Shaq & JO credit for even trying.  Not their fault the Celtics lost.  This loss sits with Ainge and this stupid stupid trade. They may not have won with Perkins, but they were never going to win with this roster.  If this was the best deal he could make at the time, he should run, not walk out the door.  I suspect the genius ownership will stand behind him rather than run him out of town. 

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts