trade bait

Primary goal is to trade the following:

Bass, Wallace, Green, Bogans

Assets to use to enhance/allow these trades

All draft picks on the table, bradley, NonGuaranteed NBADL guys, Faverini

Assets to trade only if the haul is huge

Sully, KO, Rondo.

My ideal/somewhat reasonable trade goals:

Love, Asik, Haywood to pair with Sully, Rondo, and a draft pick SF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: trade bait

Brandon HayWOOD or Gordon HayWARD?

I don't see trading Bass and Green as primary goals of this team. They are productive NBA players in their primes/under 30 with reasonable contracts. Bass at 1/7 and Green at 1/9 with a player option.

Wallace is definitely a contract the team needs to shed.

Bogans contract is a major asset being as it is 5.3m non-guaranteed.

There is also the TPE from Pierce totaling 10.3 million.

I agree do not part with Sully or KO unless in a deal for an established star to pair with Rondo (and Green and maybe Bass in this case if we are to be a playoff team again).

I would trade Rondo for a lottery pick in this years draft if the plan is to use the 6th pick and have 1 more year of rebuilding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

There is no way we get Love.  His girlfriend lives in LA, he wants to live in Ca, and he wants to go to a contender.  We are not a contender and we are as far from LA as you can get in the nba.  He likes Golden State and they like him.  I really think we need to stop wasting time thinking about him.  And to give up a lot to get him for just one year is the opposite of rebuilding, it is called imploding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

We're not getting Love...forget it..stop dreaming...Bass is trade bait, the rest are fish bait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

randon HayWOOD or Gordon HayWARD?

I don't see trading Bass and Green as primary goals of this team. They are productive NBA players in their primes/under 30 with reasonable contracts. Bass at 1/7 and Green at 1/9 with a player option.

Wallace is definitely a contract the team needs to shed.

Bogans contract is a major asset being as it is 5.3m non-guaranteed.

There is also the TPE from Pierce totaling 10.3 million.

I agree do not part with Sully or KO unless in a deal for an established star to pair with Rondo (and Green and maybe Bass in this case if we are to be a playoff team again).

I would trade Rondo for a lottery pick in this years draft if the plan is to use the 6th pick and have 1 more year of rebuilding.

Of course I meant Gordon.  I also think Green is only an average SF in this league unfortunately.  I want to like the guy, but he just hasn't stepped up given the opportunity.  Rondo I give a little bit of a pass on, as he was still recovering from the injury, we all know it takes time, he had no offseason to prepare, and his game is the assist game first, score second.  He had no reliable scorers to pass to.  Bass is a solid backup, no more.  Bradley is a 6th man type guy at the 2 spot with occasional fill in at the 1.  A defensive stopper.  He is never going to be more than a 10-12 point/game guy on a good team.  Green has peaked I think.  Solid 3rd scorer on a good team at 14-16 points per game.  This team is lacking a pair of 18-25 point scorers.  Sully/KO are also in the 10-15 point, 8-10 rebound mold at the 4 spot.  Not too shabby, but not your go to guys. 

I would trade green, bass, bogans, wallace(if I can dump him somehow), resign bradley, do not resign humpty, and pick up new players for the 2, 3, and 5 spots.  2 of them must be go to scorers, and 1 must be a rim protector.  G Haywood, Asik, and Wiggins would have been ideal(darn ping pong balls).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Primary goal is to trade the following:

Bass, Wallace, Green, Bogans

Assets to use to enhance/allow these trades

All draft picks on the table, bradley, NonGuaranteed NBADL guys, Faverini

Assets to trade only if the haul is huge

Sully, KO, Rondo.

My ideal/somewhat reasonable trade goals:

Love, Asik, Haywood to pair with Sully, Rondo, and a draft pick SF.

[/QUOTE]

The answer is zero.

The question, how many championship banners will result in this "dream team" of yours?

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

Sections
Shortcuts