Trade Deadline Day Thread!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Trade Deadline Day Thread!

To trade or not to trade, that is the question? Post your rumors, thoughts, and trade proposals here! 

First news of the day: D. Christmas waived by team in Russia! 

8:04 AM

Twittercelticsblog @celticsblog

RT @RedsArmy_John: RT @SportandoBasket: CSKA Moscow waived Dionte Chrismtas, sign Papaloukas for the seasonhttp://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/russia/51389/cska-moscow-waived-dionte-chrismtas-sign-papaloukas-for-the-season.html  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Day Thread!

Next up:

6:28 AM

NBA trade rumor: Clippers still conflicted over Kevin Garnett offerhttp://sbn.to/YbHEeI   It will be interesting to see what DA does today!   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I think we have beat this horse enough! Yet the rumor will not go away! Hmmm,

8:05 AM

That's where I'm at. RT @DDuggan21: Josh Smith for Rondo would make zero sense. Wouldn't Smith's whole appeal be pairing him with Rondo?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Clearance sale in Sac-town?

8:16 AM

RT @teamziller: Kings could make another trade, with Aaron Brooks, Chuck Hayes believed to be available http://sbn.to/YIyi71  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The chances are as high as other teams being willing to make a deal. The Celtics have shown they are open to any trade that makes the team better. If a KG, Pierce, or Rondo deal is out there and is to they're liking, they're pulling the trigger.

by Gary Dzen 8:25 AM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo for Horford would unite Rondo with Smoove (buddies) and better position Hawkes to get DHoward as FA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Rondo for Horford would unite Rondo with Smoove (buddies) and better position Hawkes to get DHoward as FA.

I would do that deal in a second!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good article:

Why Danny Ainge won't trade Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett

Wed, 02/20/2013 - 7:53pm   

Trading aging superstars isn't as easy as Dany Ainge once thought. (AP)

Trading aging superstars isn't as easy as Dany Ainge once thought. (AP)

"There aren't a lot of teams that are trying to pursue players of KG and Paul's age, and I just think we value them more than other teams value them."

-- Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge, on Feb. 7

In a moment of candor two weeks ago, Ainge admitted Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce are worth more to the Celtics than the Clippers, Hawks, Nets or anyone else, and on NBA trade deadline eve nothings changed.

Its not for lack of trying. Based on the number of rumors involving the Celtics, Ainge spent the past fortnight trying to find a trade partner for his aging superstars, only to discover what he already knew: Nobody wants Garnett or Pierce; not for Ainges asking price.

There are so many teams trying to get younger, so many teams trying to rebuild, so many teams trying to get high draft picks already, he said. Where we value them as players is just much greater than the rest of the league, which I think is common among players of their age

Just as he wouldve dealt Ray Allen for O.J. Mayo a year ago, theres no doubt in my mind Ainge would pull the trigger on deals that would land Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan for Garnett and/or Josh Smith for Pierce. As hard as it might be to trade the heart and soul and the face of the franchise, a haul of three potential All-Stars under 28 years old would force Ainges hand.

But why would the Clippers want a 36-year-old who continues to drop retirement hints despite the two years and $24.4 million left on his deal when a Bledsoe package sans Jordan could land young Jazz big Paul Millsap?

And why would the Hawks want a 35-year-old whos been playing through a pinched nerve in his neck and shooting 38 percent in 2013 when they could get somebody like Monta Ellis from the Bucks?

At those prices, the Clippers dont want Garnett, and the Hawks dont want Pierce. Those deals dont make the Clippers and Hawks better than the Thunder and Heat this year or next. Even if they did, L.A. would have to convince KG to waive his no-trade clause and the Hawks would have to find a third team for Pierces final destination. Ask Ainge how easy that is.

Likewise, you can forget about ridiculous offers like the Nets' package of Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and a first-round draft pick for Pierce. Ainge isn't dumb enough to trade one of the five greatest players in Celtics history for the most disliked player in professional basketball along with a guy he traded for JaJuan Johnson and a 2014 second-round pick.

Garnetts cultural influence and Pierces captainship mean more in the Celtics locker room than they do elsewhere, and that makes Ainges job easier. He doesn’t have to tear out the collective heart of his fan baseœTemple of Doom style, doesnt have to do what he chastised Red Auerbach for never doing -- shipping a past-his-prime Celtics legend out of town. 

My first choice is always to try to win now, especially when you have unique players like KG and Paul, Ainge told reporters in Denver, obviously more guarded as he approaches the deadline. Thats always the best option, but the injuries have at least allowed me to ponder other possibilities. Its still going to be tough to convince me thats what we need to do

When he landed Garnett in 2008, Ainge told KG hed always do whats best for his organization. By 3 p.m. on Thursday, that may mean trading the man who wrote the latest chapter of basketballs most storied franchise. Almost every February in between, Ainge placed Pierce on the market.

In all likelihood, Ainge wont trade Garnett, and he wont deal Pierce -- not because he doesnt have the guts, but because he has the brains to know nobodys likely to match the immense value Boston places on both.

Instead, Ainge will run with what hes got, Pierce and Garnett will provide sold out Garden crowds with a handful more of unforgettable moments, and the Celtics will squeeze every playoff win possible out of their old, tired legs. Not a bad alternative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

I would rather have Horford then Smith but I don't think the Hawks would trade him unless it was for Howard, etc. It would put them in a good position for Howard if the extended Smith though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

I would rather have Horford then Smith but I don't think the Hawks would trade him unless it was for Howard, etc. It would put them in a good position for Howard if the extended Smith though.

Horford is more of a sure thing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Wow!!!! DH, R9R and Smoove.... Three knuckleheads all on the same team. 

Now that would be awesome. Chemistry off da charts.

Would put 3X3 basketball on the map.

So who would shoot FTs?

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Wow!!!! DH, R9R and Smoove.... Three knuckleheads all on the same team. 

Now that would be awesome. Chemistry off da charts.

Would put 3X3 basketball on the map.

So who would shoot FTs?

Pud

It would be fun to watch! Maybe reality TV material! LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

There are a few teams that will have to take the best offer on the table today, versus risk losing their player in free agency:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Atlanta has to do the best possible deal for Smith. That could still be the Bucks in the East, but again, Hawks prefer to send him West.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Twitter Ken Berger @KBergCBS The Rockets, flush with assets, are involved at "high level" in Josh Smith talks, league source says.  

Could the Cs be a part of a 3-team deal? Mchale to Ainge - just like old times!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Henry Abbott Henry Abbott @TrueHoop about 5 minutes ago

Amid trade rumors, Doc Rivers jokes after yet another C's loss: "All right, we're going to trade them all now." es.pn/137cokQ

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2LXkXl7SO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Jorge Sierra Jorge Sierra @hoopshype 1 minute ago

Rumors: Rockets hot for

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2LXm838Nh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Twitter Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA Toronto has emerged as the frontrunner to land Suns guard Sebastian Telfair in a trade, league sources tell Y! Sports

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

OKC should consider a deal if they want to contend for the title this year!

Jeff Caplan @Caplan_NBA 1 minute ago

San Antonio has opened a 3.5-game lead over OKC for top seed in West. Spurs No. 1 last season but still lost in 6 to Thunder in WCF.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2LXonPlng

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Alex Raskin @alexraskinNYC 2 minutes ago

NBA Trade Deadline: He's not Josh Smith, but #Knicks show interest in Jermaine O'Neal, reports ESPN nj.com/knicks/index.s…

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2LXpJpWPs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Pierce could be the missing ingredient!

David Locke @Lockedonsports now

Thunder have lost 6 of 8 on the road, trail Spurs by 3.5 games and Clippers are just game back do Thunder have to make a deal to improve?

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2LXpvM9aN

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This is why I think DA is looking to make a major trade! Hickson and Telfair are both available (two areas of need), and the Cs are not even in the discussion.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS now

Portland's effort to find a first-round pick for J.J. Hickson "doesn't look good right now," league source says.

Unless DAs plan is to stay the course and let PP and KG walk at the end of the year, without compensation to the team (other than cap space).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

Horford is more of a sure thing!

he's locked up for $12M a year (a steal), so I doubt Atlanta would move him, even for a healthy Rondo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I really have to wonder about myelf when it comes to trade day. I enjoy it. In fact O look forward to it.  Strange thing is I really like watch our team with the current players we have. PP, KG, Green, Bradely, Bass, Lee, Wilcox, Collins, Terry, are a good group. Sully was perfect for this mix. Willaims> Who knows. 

But, yet I lke trade day. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

I really have to wonder about myelf when it comes to trade day. I enjoy it. In fact O look forward to it.  Strange thing is I really like watch our team with the current players we have. PP, KG, Green, Bradely, Bass, Lee, Wilcox, Collins, Terry, are a good group. Sully was perfect for this mix. Willaims> Who knows. 

But, yet I lke trade day. 

I am with ya!! There is definately an energy in the air!

Sections
Shortcuts