1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Day Thread!

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Orlando cant move JJ Redick..cant we send Crawford for JJ??

In a three-way if the papers haven't already been signed and faxed for the Barbosa/Crawford deal

Aren't we forgetting about Redick making 6 MILLION and those two guys making around 1 million?

How on earth do you suppose they could be involved in a 3-way trade? C'mon guys you're better than that

Obviously there would be other assets involved if a three-way were on the table ... C'mon Rame!

C'mon Mployee, you just had a brainfart on this way.

You're telling me that you felt we should assume a 3-way trade with the main pieces you discussed (Barbosa, Redick, Crawford) would have 4 million worth of 'assets' also involved that you didn't need to mention?

The only other 'assets' the C's had to make that deal work would be Lee. Avery and Terry, players who would eb the bigger names in the deal to begin with.

Look Rame ... I just told the guy that if the deal wasn't already done with the league office that it was possible to add a third team and amend the deal .... Grow a pair and stop being such a whiner!

There is just no way that a Barbosa (900k) for Crawford (1.2m) trade was going to be able to  evolve into a 3-team trade unless it included Avery, Lee or Terry...

so MY BAD if I felt it was a fairly misleading comment to make without including the part where instead of the guy out with an ACL being moved we'd also have to include one of 3 guards who currently play 25-35 mins a game for us.

I just didn't feel like someone asking a question about if we could get Redick should be told we could get him for Crawford and 'apparently' also have to assume on their own that Lee, Terry or Avery, the much bigger piece, would be moved as well, since you didn't tell them this obvious salary cap fact...

so when I say c'mon man it was a brainfart by you, it clearly was, just wish you could've admitted that and moved on...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Now we will have to listen to ..........." well I tried...we just didn't have the pieces to make it work" blah..blah ...blah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Now we will have to listen to ..........." well I tried...we just didn't have the pieces to make it work" blah..blah ...blah.

"we just couldn't part with PP or KG, cause nobody would give us what we wanted in return..."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow Danny needed a big since the Perk trade he signs a bunch of over the hill bench guards like Barbossa, Lee and Terry. So what he does today???? He gets another guard

Thanks Danny. Feel sorry for BCSP wasting all this time for Jordan, no not that Jordan, Jordan Crowford.

Thanks Danny!

Feel sorry for me!! LOL You are the Lakers fan!! Trust me if we were having a pity party, you would be the guest of honor!

How's the next Dwight Howard doing (Fat Melo)???? Saw him last night and he looks like a sack of potatoes...

Really what do you see in him with all the love fest you HAD and I said had because you don't mention him much. Now you are blaming a cuncussion

HA HA HA! Let me guess! You just got back from another gratifying trip across Anartica!

On the topic of Melo, at least he appears to be healthy, unlike an over the hill center (DH) in LA!

I really hope DH gets back to full health next year! The Mavs and Mr. Cuban are really counting on it!

The good news, DH wont have to worry about the grind of the playoffs this year! This will give him plenty of time to recuperate and get healthy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Well this one fun, not the best outcome, but fun none the less!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Dont know what to think of Crawford.  Too bad it isnt Jamal Crawford....

+ dozen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Wow Danny needed a big since the Perk trade he signs a bunch of over the hill bench guards like Barbossa, Lee and Terry. So what he does today???? He gets another guard

Thanks Danny. Feel sorry for BCSP wasting all this time for Jordan, no not that Jordan, Jordan Crowford.

Thanks Danny!

But, he had to get out from under Collins' huge contract.  Right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Richard1965's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

"we just couldn't part with PP or KG, cause nobody would give us what we wanted in return..."

To use a phrase from KG "it is what it is." Not much to get excited about today! Dalembert, Gortat, Hickson, Smith, D. Jordan, all available, and the Cs come away with a guard!

We are now left to hope a quality big gets released?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Thanks Danny!

Feel sorry for me!! LOL You are the Lakers fan!! Trust me if we were having a pity party, you would be the guest of honor!

How's the next Dwight Howard doing (Fat Melo)???? Saw him last night and he looks like a sack of potatoes...

Really what do you see in him with all the love fest you HAD and I said had because you don't mention him much. Now you are blaming a cuncussion

HA HA HA! Let me guess! You just got back from another gratifying trip across Anartica!

On the topic of Melo, at least he appears to be healthy, unlike an over the hill center (DH) in LA!

I really hope DH gets back to full health next year! The Mavs and Mr. Cuban are really counting on it!

The good news, DH wont have to worry about the grind of the playoffs this year! This will give him plenty of time to recuperate and get healthy!

You want to bet Dwight Stays where he belongs in LA???? Any time buddy. We can bet what ever you want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In response to painter's comment:

+ dozen

They are closer than you think.  Both LOVE to shoot and neither is particulary good at it  Jordan is cheaper and 8 yrs younger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

So lets recap the Cs on trade day.  We had, as I see it, three areas of need the biggest of which was a rebounder, next would have been a three point shooter and lastly an experience point guard since all we have are 2s.

Result is the the celtics got none of these and if true gave away a big!

I would say an F is in order.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

So lets recap the Cs on trade day.  We had, as I see it, three areas of need the biggest of which was a rebounder, next would have been a three point shooter and lastly an experience point guard since all we have are 2s.

I concur!! Unless DA has Darko or Kristic up his sleeve!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to spewey's comment:

+ dozen

They are closer than you think.  Both LOVE to shoot and neither is particulary good at it  Jordan is cheaper and 8 yrs younger.

Neither of these guys are good shooters?  Do you even know anything about basketball?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Orlando cant move JJ Redick..cant we send Crawford for JJ??

In a three-way if the papers haven't already been signed and faxed for the Barbosa/Crawford deal

Aren't we forgetting about Redick making 6 MILLION and those two guys making around 1 million?

How on earth do you suppose they could be involved in a 3-way trade? C'mon guys you're better than that

Obviously there would be other assets involved if a three-way were on the table ... C'mon Rame!

C'mon Mployee, you just had a brainfart on this way.

You're telling me that you felt we should assume a 3-way trade with the main pieces you discussed (Barbosa, Redick, Crawford) would have 4 million worth of 'assets' also involved that you didn't need to mention?

The only other 'assets' the C's had to make that deal work would be Lee. Avery and Terry, players who would eb the bigger names in the deal to begin with.

Look Rame ... I just told the guy that if the deal wasn't already done with the league office that it was possible to add a third team and amend the deal .... Grow a pair and stop being such a whiner!

There is just no way that a Barbosa (900k) for Crawford (1.2m) trade was going to be able to  evolve into a 3-team trade unless it included Avery, Lee or Terry...

so MY BAD if I felt it was a fairly misleading comment to make without including the part where instead of the guy out with an ACL being moved we'd also have to include one of 3 guards who currently play 25-35 mins a game for us.

I just didn't feel like someone asking a question about if we could get Redick should be told we could get him for Crawford and 'apparently' also have to assume on their own that Lee, Terry or Avery, the much bigger piece, would be moved as well, since you didn't tell them this obvious salary cap fact...

so when I say c'mon man it was a brainfart by you, it clearly was, just wish you could've admitted that and moved on...

It was a fast moving tape and I was only trying to let the guy know that if it wasn't technically completed that it coulsd be revised .... Jeesh, get over it!

Goodness knows I had my share of type-o's- today!! LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

+ dozen

Neither of these guys are good shooters?  Do you even know anything about basketball?

The ball absolutely stops (movement wise) when it gets in Jordan'd hands! He has talent, but needs a strong coach to reel him in!!

I am not certain why the Cs decided to take a project like this on now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Thanks Danny!

You want to bet Dwight Stays where he belongs in LA???? Any time buddy. We can bet what ever you want.

I'll take that bet. How is that championship season working out for you guys? HAHAHA

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

+ dozen

The ball absolutely stops (movement wise) when it gets in Jordan'd hands! He has talent, but needs a strong coach to reel him in!!

Because we have three guards. If one gets injured for a week, The other two play 40 plus minutes. 

Also we had nothing to deal three of our players are out with major injuries. So he was a guard whose stats are as good as Barbosa. Gets us another ball handler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I think this means all deals have been completed! I am guessing DA will be heading out of the country to do some scouting for the next few weeks (versus having to explain what happened today)!

Paul Flanner @Pflanns about 7 minutes ago

Oh, all clear on the Celtics front

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/boston_celtics#ixzz2LZMtvDIV

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

+ dozen

Because we have three guards. If one gets injured for a week, The other two play 40 plus minutes. 

Also we had nothing to deal three of our players are out with major injuries. So he was a guard whose stats are as good as Barbosa. Gets us another ball handler.

I thought that why T. Williams was brought in?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This season is a wrap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

+ dozen

Yes but you took this out of context to some extent. In that same comment was how good he could be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I hope this means Melo gets some playing time! I really would like to see a larger sample size of his work! Who knows maybe it clicks for him, if he gets extended minutes!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

This season is a wrap.

It is a wrap and whats worse is next year will more than likely be more of the same.  So we did nothing to help the present or the future.

Sections
Shortcuts