Trade Deadline Day Thread!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Day Thread!

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

So lets recap the Cs on trade day.  We had, as I see it, three areas of need the biggest of which was a rebounder, next would have been a three point shooter and lastly an experience point guard since all we have are 2s.

Result is the the celtics got none of these and if true gave away a big!

I would say an F is in order.

This season is a wrap.

It is a wrap and whats worse is next year will more than likely be more of the same.  So we did nothing to help the present or the future.

Yeah I don't get it.  its going to be an ugly rest of the season. I wouldnt have minded that if next year looked brighter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow Danny needed a big since the Perk trade he signs a bunch of over the hill bench guards like Barbossa, Lee and Terry. So what he does today???? He gets another guard

Thanks Danny. Feel sorry for BCSP wasting all this time for Jordan, no not that Jordan, Jordan Crowford.

Thanks Danny!

Feel sorry for me!! LOL You are the Lakers fan!! Trust me if we were having a pity party, you would be the guest of honor!

How's the next Dwight Howard doing (Fat Melo)???? Saw him last night and he looks like a sack of potatoes...

Really what do you see in him with all the love fest you HAD and I said had because you don't mention him much. Now you are blaming a cuncussion

HA HA HA! Let me guess! You just got back from another gratifying trip across Anartica!

On the topic of Melo, at least he appears to be healthy, unlike an over the hill center (DH) in LA!

I really hope DH gets back to full health next year! The Mavs and Mr. Cuban are really counting on it!

The good news, DH wont have to worry about the grind of the playoffs this year! This will give him plenty of time to recuperate and get healthy!

You want to bet Dwight Stays where he belongs in LA???? Any time buddy. We can bet what ever you want.

GK - I rather bet on the outcome of the fight between Mamba and DH! I will take Mamba!

Thanks Mitch!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

So lets recap the Cs on trade day.  We had, as I see it, three areas of need the biggest of which was a rebounder, next would have been a three point shooter and lastly an experience point guard since all we have are 2s.

This season is a wrap.

It is a wrap and whats worse is next year will more than likely be more of the same.  So we did nothing to help the present or the future.

Yeah I don't get it.  its going to be an ugly rest of the season. I wouldnt have minded that if next year looked brighter.

At least the Cs will have cap space (if Cs exercise option on PP and KG retires) and a draft pick!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In response to spewey's comment:

In response to painter's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Dont know what to think of Crawford.  Too bad it isnt Jamal Crawford....

+ dozen

They are closer than you think.  Both LOVE to shoot and neither is particulary good at it  Jordan is cheaper and 8 yrs younger.

Neither of these guys are good shooters?  Do you even know anything about basketball?

The ball absolutely stops (movement wise) when it gets in Jordan'd hands! He has talent, but needs a strong coach to reel him in!!

I am not certain why the Cs decided to take a project like this on now?

I said neither was a good "shooter"-not scorer.  Big difference.  Do you know anything about basketball?

Jamal career FG% 41, PPG-15.4, APG 3.8, 3s 1.7

Jordan career FG% 40, PPG-13.4, APG 3.1, 3s 1.1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Thinking good job Danny. We got help at the Guard spot and we've cleared cap room for a pick-up "Big" or 2 next week. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

+ dozen

They are closer than you think.  Both LOVE to shoot and neither is particulary good at it  Jordan is cheaper and 8 yrs younger.

Neither of these guys are good shooters?  Do you even know anything about basketball?

The ball absolutely stops (movement wise) when it gets in Jordan'd hands! He has talent, but needs a strong coach to reel him in!!

I said neither was a good "shooter"-not scorer.  Big difference.  Do you know anything about basketball?

im talking today not years ago and Jamal is 43% and with the degree of difficulty of his shots, Ill take that any day.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Clips were the losers today! They had a shot at KG and an NBA title, but failed to take the hard steps necessary to secure a shot at either!

What a huge mistake this will be if they lose in the playoffs and then lose CP3!

The heat is on boys!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

+ dozen

im talking today not years ago and Jamal is 43% and with the degree of difficulty of his shots, Ill take that any day.  

Nice try guy.  Be careful backing up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Big time missed opportunities today! Where was the back-up plan DA?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

+ dozen

Nice try guy.  Be careful backing up.

Its the truth so get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Orlando cant move JJ Redick..cant we send Crawford for JJ??

In a three-way if the papers haven't already been signed and faxed for the Barbosa/Crawford deal

Aren't we forgetting about Redick making 6 MILLION and those two guys making around 1 million?

How on earth do you suppose they could be involved in a 3-way trade? C'mon guys you're better than that

Obviously there would be other assets involved if a three-way were on the table ... C'mon Rame!

C'mon Mployee, you just had a brainfart on this way.

You're telling me that you felt we should assume a 3-way trade with the main pieces you discussed (Barbosa, Redick, Crawford) would have 4 million worth of 'assets' also involved that you didn't need to mention?

The only other 'assets' the C's had to make that deal work would be Lee. Avery and Terry, players who would eb the bigger names in the deal to begin with.

Look Rame ... I just told the guy that if the deal wasn't already done with the league office that it was possible to add a third team and amend the deal .... Grow a pair and stop being such a whiner!

There is just no way that a Barbosa (900k) for Crawford (1.2m) trade was going to be able to  evolve into a 3-team trade unless it included Avery, Lee or Terry...

so MY BAD if I felt it was a fairly misleading comment to make without including the part where instead of the guy out with an ACL being moved we'd also have to include one of 3 guards who currently play 25-35 mins a game for us.

I just didn't feel like someone asking a question about if we could get Redick should be told we could get him for Crawford and 'apparently' also have to assume on their own that Lee, Terry or Avery, the much bigger piece, would be moved as well, since you didn't tell them this obvious salary cap fact...

so when I say c'mon man it was a brainfart by you, it clearly was, just wish you could've admitted that and moved on...

It was a fast moving tape and I was only trying to let the guy know that if it wasn't technically completed that it coulsd be revised .... Jeesh, get over it!

Ok, not a big deal, I just think you could have said that AND mentioned that an additional 4-7 million in contracts would have to be added... he was asking if we could get Redick for Crawford... clearly we could not

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In a three-way if the papers haven't already been signed and faxed for the Barbosa/Crawford deal

Aren't we forgetting about Redick making 6 MILLION and those two guys making around 1 million?

How on earth do you suppose they could be involved in a 3-way trade? C'mon guys you're better than that

Obviously there would be other assets involved if a three-way were on the table ... C'mon Rame!

You're telling me that you felt we should assume a 3-way trade with the main pieces you discussed (Barbosa, Redick, Crawford) would have 4 million worth of 'assets' also involved that you didn't need to mention?

The only other 'assets' the C's had to make that deal work would be Lee. Avery and Terry, players who would eb the bigger names in the deal to begin with.

Look Rame ... I just told the guy that if the deal wasn't already done with the league office that it was possible to add a third team and amend the deal .... Grow a pair and stop being such a whiner!

There is just no way that a Barbosa (900k) for Crawford (1.2m) trade was going to be able to  evolve into a 3-team trade unless it included Avery, Lee or Terry...

so MY BAD if I felt it was a fairly misleading comment to make without including the part where instead of the guy out with an ACL being moved we'd also have to include one of 3 guards who currently play 25-35 mins a game for us.

I just didn't feel like someone asking a question about if we could get Redick should be told we could get him for Crawford and 'apparently' also have to assume on their own that Lee, Terry or Avery, the much bigger piece, would be moved as well, since you didn't tell them this obvious salary cap fact...

so when I say c'mon man it was a brainfart by you, it clearly was, just wish you could've admitted that and moved on...

It was a fast moving tape and I was only trying to let the guy know that if it wasn't technically completed that it coulsd be revised .... Jeesh, get over it!

Ok, not a big deal, I just think you could have said that AND mentioned that an additional 4-7 million in contracts would have to be added... he was asking if we could get Redick for Crawford... clearly we could not

Talking about Redick and Crawford is like talking about how your lawn looks when your house is on fire. We needed a big man.  Collins is gone, Wilcox is fragile, and Garnett will be exhausted.

This if something is not in the works is a disgrace and disservice to Garnett. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Talking about Redick and Crawford is like talking about how your lawn looks when your house is on fire. We needed a big man.  Collins is gone, Wilcox is fragile, and Garnett will be exhausted.

This if something is not in the works is a disgrace and disservice to Garnett. 

Well stated!! I may use this in future posts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"This if something is not in the works is a disgrace and disservice to Garnett. "

Sad for Garnett & Pierce if Ainge just waiting for another leftover big.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Krstic still want to return to the US?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This season is a wrap.

At least the Cs will have cap space (if Cs exercise option on PP and KG retires) and a draft pick!

This is true...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am not certain! There is not allot of information out there about him.

One thing is for certain, he is an upgrade over what we currently have!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That would be one of the few moves I could get excited about.

He isn't more than a 20 minute backup C on a contender, but with KG needing to play under 30 mins a game, that would be perfect. Wilcox could take some of Bass's mins and is a better rebounder out of the PF spot than Bass by far. 8 pts and 4 boards in 20 mins from Krstic? He's just avg'd 10 and 5.4 in 25 career mins, but still, thats useful and he's 7'.

Krstic had 6+ boards in 6 of his first 10 games w/ the C's when they traded for him, even recording 14 and 15 on back to back nights. Then Doc went away from him and its likely the playoff pressure and no Shaq/Perk pressure prob got to him.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat, but if it means going over the lux tax you know Danny and Wyc will balk at that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

That would be one of the few moves I could get excited about.

He isn't more than a 20 minute backup C on a contender, but with KG needing to play under 30 mins a game, that would be perfect. Wilcox could take some of Bass's mins and is a better rebounder out of the PF spot than Bass by far. 8 pts and 4 boards in 20 mins from Krstic? He's just avg'd 10 and 5.4 in 25 career mins, but still, thats useful and he's 7'.

Krstic had 6+ boards in 6 of his first 10 games w/ the C's when they traded for him, even recording 14 and 15 on back to back nights. Then Doc went away from him and its likely the playoff pressure and no Shaq/Perk pressure prob got to him.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat, but if it means going over the lux tax you know Danny and Wyc will balk at that.

I would love to see Kristic back in Green! I read somewhere the C's still have his Bird rights! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Cs were not the biggest losers today! Both OKC and the Clips could have made moves to improve their chances in the playoffs! Neither of them did! 

Huge mistakes!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I've copied & pasted this from the we didn't get a big man discussion.

Picking up Crawford was relatively inexpensive and a better move than none. He'll help a bit with scoring.  But getting a BIG MAN was much more important !!!

It is not so much that we needed a 7 ft Center/Scorer which would have  been nice, but we needed a guy like our Leon Powe was at 6'8" or 9" to box out players. In the Denver game Faried is only 6'8" and got 16 rebounds & no one wanted to box him out. Bass is as big,why didn't he? 

The guy we should have gotten and a better scorer too than Faried is PF Kenyon Martin at 6'8" and 240 lbs and a basher ! And someone mentioned Birdman who went to Miami which I would have liked. Maybe Celtics didn't like all his tattoes. Seems SF 49ers didn't mind Kaepernick's.

As we need play small ball,victories are going to come being beaten in rebound battles giving opponents  2nd chances but by needing to shoot 45-50%( and we didn't get J. Redick either to help us do that) and by playing great "D" and causing more turnovers. Are we going to do this every night? Don't think so as we need PP & KG in for scoring but PP especially is too slow to defend the young guys. Yup, I've read that Miami doesn't have Center either, but we don't have anyone like a LeBron & Wade to drive to the basket and they can shoot outside too. We will live or die being a jump shooting team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I've copied & pasted this from the we didn't get a big man discussion.

Picking up Crawford was relatively inexpensive and a better move than none. He'll help a bit with scoring.  But getting a BIG MAN was much more important !!!

It is not so much that we needed a 7 ft Center/Scorer which would have  been nice, but we needed a guy like our Leon Powe was at 6'8" or 9" to box out players. In the Denver game Faried is only 6'8" and got 16 rebounds & no one wanted to box him out. Bass is as big,why didn't he? 

The guy we should have gotten and a better scorer too than Faried is PF Kenyon Martin at 6'8" and 240 lbs and a basher ! And someone mentioned Birdman who went to Miami which I would have liked. Maybe Celtics didn't like all his tattoes. Seems SF 49ers didn't mind Kaepernick's.

As we need play small ball,victories are going to come being beaten in rebound battles giving opponents  2nd chances but by needing to shoot 45-50%( and we didn't get J. Redick either to help us do that) and by playing great "D" and causing more turnovers. Are we going to do this every night? Don't think so as we need PP & KG in for scoring but PP especially is too slow to defend the young guys. Yup, I've read that Miami doesn't have Center either, but we don't have anyone like a LeBron & Wade to drive to the basket and they can shoot outside too. We will live or die being a jump shooting team.

DA should have gone one of two directions today! Get a big man and go all in for one more run at a title, OR trade KG and PP and begin rebuilding process! 

Pwhat did the C's do? Traded for another guard! 

There will be no shortage of regrets, both this season, and over the next few seasons, as the Cs attempt to rebuild, post PP and KG! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

J. Crawford does have inis issues!

crawfordlean213e

Because the Wizards were losing to the Raptors in a game marred by malfunctioning scoreboards and clocks, some of the focus Tuesday night turned to Jordan Crawford. The onetime sort-of fan favorite has been benched for days, and on Tuesday, fans repeatedly chanted his name, while others studied his posture on the bench.

Via Michael Lee:

During a game in which the Wizards struggled to shoot and score, Crawford never got a chance to contribute and appeared disengaged as he wrapped a towel over his head, tucked it into his shirt and leaned low on the bench as if he was hiding. He yawned, cracked a few jokes, and had his embarrassing DNP-CD highlighted when some fans began chanting his name for almost a minute at the end of the third quarter.

Amused by the cheers, Crawford’s teammates looked on as the third-year shooting guard continued to chill, as if nothing was going on. When asked about Crawford’s body language on the bench, Coach Randy Wittman said, “I’m watching the game. I can’t comment on that.”

Crawford didn’t speak to reporters after game, calmly breezing by, gripping his coat before the locker room was open for post-game interviews.

The in-game commentary, though, was amusing.

“Basically, every part of his body is at a 45-degree angle,” Kyle Weidie wrote.

“Jordan Crawford is cold chillin on the bench,” wrote a fan seated behind the closest basket to the Wizards bench.

“Jordan Crawford has basically slid into the stands, he’s that far down the bench,” someone else wrote.

“Jordan Crawford is so relaxed on the bench he looks like he wants to go to sleep,” observed a fourth.

The images appear to back up such descriptions. And at the end of the game, he threw his unused jersey into the crowd.

(Via @recordsANDradio, @malitzd, @JTodd420, @DCWIZ and @truth_about_it.)

crawfordlean213a

crawfordlean213c

crawfordlean213b

crawfordlean213d

crawfordlean213f

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

JC isnt a dominate NBA player, but he most certainly is a professional! 

"That's part of the NBA," Collins said. "You're not just making a commitment, but you're making a commitment to yourself and then to the team and understand that there's a business side to the sport. It's not the first time I've been traded. Obviously, I understand everything that's involved in it."