3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors

you ever seen this site before?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Any other rumors? I can't find much else. I still think Bass is the only one gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

They almost gotta find takers for Bogans, Hump, and Bass don't they?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's where I get most of my info these days ... for instance;

There are clearly plenty of teams interested in Bass, but I’d be surprised if the Celtics can wrangle too much in return. Deveney suggested that a first-round pick could be in play, but I’m highly skeptical that Ainge will be able to command that. The Celtics are probably best served targeting a deal that provides salary relief and perhaps an undervalued young player they can develop.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/02/trade-candidate-brandon.html

[/QUOTE]

How ridiculous does that sound and oh, Gasol not worth a first round pick or more!  Seriously, ONLY IN BOSTON!!  LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Ainge HAS to make any trades.

Humphries and Bogans come off the books after this season (salary savings of $17M)

Bass is playing as well as he ever has this season  and his deal (this year and next) isn't far out of line with his play.

now it might be BEST if Ainge could move al three for other assets (mainly younger player on smaller or expiring deal), but no way does he HAVE to move any of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's where I get most of my info these days ... for instance;

There are clearly plenty of teams interested in Bass, but I’d be surprised if the Celtics can wrangle too much in return. Deveney suggested that a first-round pick could be in play, but I’m highly skeptical that Ainge will be able to command that. The Celtics are probably best served targeting a deal that provides salary relief and perhaps an undervalued young player they can develop.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/02/trade-candidate-brandon.html

[/QUOTE]

How ridiculous does that sound and oh, Gasol not worth a first round pick or more!  Seriously, ONLY IN BOSTON!!  LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Well see Gasol is a free agent after this year while Bass isn't. No one would give a first round pick for two months of Pau Gasol.  Not to say I would give one up for Bass either but at least he would be a piece on your team next year as well.

A first round pick for two months of Pau?  Only In LA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Ainge HAS to make any trades.

Humphries and Bogans come off the books after this season (salary savings of $17M)

Bass is playing as well as he ever has this season  and his deal (this year and next) isn't far out of line with his play.

now it might be BEST if Ainge could move al three for other assets (mainly younger player on smaller or expiring deal), but no way does he HAVE to move any of them.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be aiming for expiring deals.  They have those don't they?  If they were shooting for expiring deals then they would NOT trade hump and bogans.  Bass for expiring and pick...sure.  Hump and Bogans need to be traded TOWARDS a fringe player making too much for a rebuilding team.  As examples...Asik or Melo.  Now I do NOT want melo on my team, but he is the perfect example of a guy that COULD be traded for. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Keeping Hump doesn't clear 12m that can be used next year (I am assuming your numbers are correct), but it does give DA flexibility in the 8.5M you use that he would not have otherwise.  I am all for getting something in return for Hump assuming it is more valuable than the limited flex it will provide.

If he brings back a player making $5M next year... then it better be someone that DA would have signed outright in the off-season, if he had the chance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

$5M was just a random number and it was the equivalent of a FA signing if they traded Hump for a contract that extended into next year; I realize they won't actually have the $$ to sign said FA.

Given the finances you describe, if DA trades Hump for basically anything other than an expiring a future 2nd(s) [I don't hink he'll get a first] doesn't that basically drive them above the cap once they sign 1st round picks and assuming they resign AB?

It's not my money so I'm not going to tell the C's to go over the cap by trading Hump, but to go above the cap I wouldn't want some extraneous bit-player contracts... I am also not a cap-expert... 

If I am DA, I'd take an expiring and a couple of future 2's, if offered.  Do you think they can do better?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

$5M was just a random number and it was the equivalent of a FA signing if they traded Hump for a contract that extended into next year; I realize they won't actually have the $$ to sign said FA.

Given the finances you describe, if DA trades Hump for basically anything other than an expiring a future 2nd(s) [I don't hink he'll get a first] doesn't that basically drive them above the cap once they sign 1st round picks and assuming they resign AB?

It's not my money so I'm not going to tell the C's to go over the cap by trading Hump, but to go above the cap I wouldn't want some extraneous bit-player contracts... I am also not a cap-expert... 

If I am DA, I'd take an expiring and a couple of future 2's, if offered.  Do you think they can do better?

[/QUOTE]

I think the best option for Humphries and the Celtics could be a sign and trade this summer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]

Word has been that Danny is still overvaluing his players like he did with KG and PP a few years ago.

Can't blame him for not wanting to give away either Bass or Hump for a 2nd round pick or another overpaid contract as Rame as pointed out.

It be nice if he could come away with some upgrade (Asik, Okafor, etc) but if he holds his cards that's another indication that he's got enough assets already and doesn't feel he needs to dump any more players for cap relief or low level draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

I don't follow.  Danny got excellent value for Pierce and Garnett.  I don't think he OVERvalues anything.  I think other GMs are JEALOUS of how smart and savvy Danny is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Rame,

Youre saying that getting a 1st round pick in 2014 or 2015 and an expiring contract for Hump is worse than doing a sign and trade that will put us near the cap limit again ??

Who are we trading with and who are we getting? It's easy to say we can just do a S&T this summer. Have to have willing trade partners.  I'd take a trade of Asik straight up for Hump. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Go to 3 different websites and you will get 3 different rumors, we're going to be sellers, we're going to be buyers and we might stand pat and wait until afterr the season is over. Only DA knows what are plans are.

Here's a few far fetched improbable but not impossible scenario(s); 1.We help facilitate some deals that don't really change our standing this year but make other teams better and those teams push both Atl & Brook out of the playoffs( i.e; Knicks,Char,Det,Clev) giving us 2 lottery selections ours and Atl/Bryn. Even better if miraculously Phi is one of those teams that sneaks into playoffs and then we have 2 lottery and 1 more first this year.  2. We are involved in some deals that make us better right away, we make it to a 6th seed and go deep into the playoffs but still have a lottery pick because both Atl/Brkn did not, miracle again Phi makes it in and we have another 1st. 3. We make a deal that gives us a suprise superstar package ala 07,we keep a lottery selection, we win it all, have the #1-2 pick( w/o the coke OD),resign PP for vet min and go on a long title run. What the heck we might sign KG and RA to be end of bench guys and mentor ( Embid,Parker,Wiggins,Randle,???) to boot.

Highly unlikely,but as based on fact as any other trade dealine rumor 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/02/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_101.html

http://fansided.com/2014/02/17/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-want-two-first-round-picks-rajon-rondo/#!wdq59

CSNNE (Felger & Mazz) confirms story ... Celtics will trade Rondo for two 1st round draft picks

[/QUOTE]

I would change WILL for WOULD..I have yet found any suitors.. so is just a rumor

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now Celts are at 70.5m in total salaries.

If Ainge does nothing at the trade deadline, the Celts will have 53.5m in total salaries for 10 players next season.

The projected salary cap for next season is 62m.

That means the Celts will have 8.5m to spend on 3-5 players.

The 53.5m total does not include Avery Bradley and the two 1st round picks for 2014.

Hump's 12m and Bogans' 5m, a total of 17m, only resulted in an 8.5m cap relief for the Celts.

So the Celts won't be able to sign an impact player this summer.

That's why I think Ainge will trade Hump.

Letting Hump's contract expire means the Celts get nothing in return.

[/QUOTE]

Fiercy thought last week that if you just subtract Hump's 12 million from that 70.5 and get 58.5 that THAT is the C's cap number for 2015?

Ha! ANOTHER item on the list of 20 or so things he has been wrong about in just weeks.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.