Trade Deadline: Who Stays, Who Goes

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Trade Deadline: Who Stays, Who Goes

I think I'd put Jeff Green in the tradeables category as well.  They should try the Lakers.  If people do not want to give them Rondo for the Lakers 1st round pick this year, then how about Jeff Green for Nash and the Lakers 2014 first round pick?  Lakers are looking to rebuild quickly via free agency.  Jeff Green would fit in well with a veteran team loaded with big ego ball hogs because he is not one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I'd put Jeff Green in the tradeables category as well.  They should try the Lakers.  If people do not want to give them Rondo for the Lakers 1st round pick this year, then how about Jeff Green for Nash and the Lakers 2014 first round pick?  Lakers are looking to rebuild quickly via free agency.  Jeff Green would fit in well with a veteran team loaded with big ego ball hogs because he is not one.

[/QUOTE]

it means.. no melo for them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That might be a good thing.  Nash and Green cancel each other out money wise for this year and next, so the Lakers should have the same cap maneuverability at the end of the year.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That might be a good thing.  Nash and Green cancel each other out money wise for this year and next, so the Lakers should have the same cap maneuverability at the end of the year.  

[/QUOTE]

yeah, no lotto picks as well!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, no lotto picks as well!

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry.  The Lakers won't make the playoffs with Jeff Green or without him.  Jeff's not that impactful.  We could also wait until after the season to ensure it.  Personally, I think the Lakers will end up with a top 10 pick this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Why not just hang on to Humphries to use his expiring contract to get a FA? 

Bass is the one that really needs to go. He is below Hump on the depth chart and Oly can take his minutes and develop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I agree on Hump unles we can get a projected top half number 1 for him . Get what you can for Green Bass, Wallace Anthony, with wallace tied to Green or Bas in a deal for expiring and draft chices

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

Why not just hang on to Humphries to use his expiring contract to get a FA? 

Bass is the one that really needs to go. He is below Hump on the depth chart and Oly can take his minutes and develop.

[/QUOTE]

You can't do that.

The last day for trading a player with an expiring contract is at the trade deadline.

Once the trade deadline passes, Humpy is good as gone because the Celts can't trade him anymore.

[/QUOTE]

That isn't what I am saying. I am saying that when he leaves for free agency after this season the Celtics will have the money they spent on him this year to play with. To me that is more valuable than a late first round pick that they might get for him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

2 rookies will be 4+m, so then we have about 9m to spend on 3 players.  I think Bradley is gone if he gets 5+ millions multi year deal from some one.  If Humphries can fetch a first round pick, then it is a no brainer, but Humphries might be able to stay if he goes for 7m with graduated increase for 3 years.  Then Pressey for 1m 1-2 years.  Then the last spot is a minimum salary player. I would not give a good pick away to get rid of GW, just eat his salary and trade his expiring contract in a year or so.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

That isn't what I am saying. I am saying that when he leaves for free agency after this season the Celtics will have the money they spent on him this year to play with. To me that is more valuable than a late first round pick that they might get for him.

[/QUOTE]

I think Asik for Humpy is the solution.

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't Asik poison pill salary blows the Celtics salary cap up next year?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

But why keep Humpy and let Bradley go?

Right now the PFs of the future are Sully and Oly.

We have no quality SG if AB is gone. 

[/QUOTE]

Because Humphries is a quality PF, much harder to find a quality PF.  Sully and Oly still have all the minutes they can handle with Humphries on the team.  Bass will be expiring contract next year.  We can't keep both, that's for sure, and as you know, I think AB is not that much of a quality player.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts