Trade Deadline: Who Stays, Who Goes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Trade Deadline: Who Stays, Who Goes

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

Because Humphries is a quality PF, much harder to find a quality PF.  Sully and Oly still have all the minutes they can handle with Humphries on the team.  Bass will be expiring contract next year.  We can't keep both, that's for sure, and as you know, I think AB is not that much of a quality player.

Yes, Humpy is a quality player, but he will be 29 years old next month.

Next season the Celts will not a real Center and a starting SG.

Besides, it's not like the Celts are a playoff team next season.

Why keep Humpy for next season when the Celts will most likely be in the lottery again.

Remember, Humpy will most likely get Ilyasova money, 8m per year.

Yes, either way we suck.  But you can fetch a SG from NBDL, and they can do a reasonably ok job, but it is a lot harder to do the same thing with a PF/C.  There are more likely to be SG/SF that can be adaquate in late round draft also, again not so much for PF/C, and they take more time to adjust to the big league than the SG/SF.  I think it comes down to you like Bradley but I think we get better player than him easily in the near future.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bradley is not the answer at shooting guard, at least not a starter deserving of starting money.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bradley would a good player coming off the bench.  Then again Johnson could probably fill that same role for substantially less money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

AB is worth it at 7-8m per year as a 6th man.

When the Celts find a better SG than AB then AB becomes the 6th man.

If you believe he is a 6th man, and he is too s h o r t to play SF and does not have the skill to play PG, why pay him that kind of money to back up a better player and have maybe at most 10-15 minutes of playing time at SG?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If you believe he is a 6th man, and he is too s h o r t to play SF and does not have the skill to play PG, why pay him that kind of money to back up a better player and have maybe at most 10-15 minutes of playing time at SG?

Exactly, for a team looking to shed payroll, to pay a guy you know shouldn't be starting doesn't make sense.  There is a never ending supply of "chip on your shoulder" defenders off the bench.  What this team needs now is superstars and the money to sign them.  

I want to keep Sully, Oly, Pressey and Fav, if we can't get fair trade value for Rondo, keep him... everyone else is trade bait.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree Woz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would rather have Hayward for any money than Bradley!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Some here keep saying it will be a quick rebuild.

I disagree.

From the 2 moves Ainge made this season, downgrading from Lee to Bayless and Jordan Crawford for Joel Anthony, it's looking like Ainge is going to build through the draft.

Why would Ainge allow the Heat to dump Joel Anthony's contract on the Celts if Ainge is not thinking long term?

The Celts would have to pay 3.8m for Joel Anthony next season.

That will cost the Celts 3.8m in cap space.

Fierce...I agree to build through the draft when possible & then cherry pick, also when possible, some Vets to fill positions where the draft did not meet our expectations. Easier said than done I know and I know we'll know more after the draft.

The only thing consistent about our team now is their inconsistency and that applies most to Green.  We beat the .500 Wizards last night...whoopie ! But, frustratingly, we are many times ahead or even with quality teams like the Heat & then they pull away in last QTR. Could it be that because of our record they rest some stars & take us lightly or just don't get up for us...dunno ?

We do not have a quality scoring guard, 15-25 points nightly, like a Paul, West, Rose(when healthy), Nash (when younger) & Bass, Green, Wallace etc. can give us 15-20 points infrequently and we do not have a dominating Center.

I like the GS Warriors who built mostly through the draft with Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee etc. and then added some Vets like Iguodala & Bogut. They are fun to watch and competitive.

I would keep Sully and maybe Oly and see if he develops as we did with Fav Melo who did not.  Keep 2 of the 4 Guards, Rondo, Bradley, Bayless or Pressey( yup, Rondo too if we get a #1 draft pick) & definitely unload Wallace, Bass & Green. Keep Humphries depending upon who we can get for PF and Centers in the draft. The key is to bite the bullet for 2-3 years & build via the draft adding 1-2 Vets as GS did. Stevens is the perfect coach, college experience, to meld a young team together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

2 rookies will be 4+m, so then we have about 9m to spend on 3 players.  I think Bradley is gone if he gets 5+ millions multi year deal from some one.  If Humphries can fetch a first round pick, then it is a no brainer, but Humphries might be able to stay if he goes for 7m with graduated increase for 3 years.  Then Pressey for 1m 1-2 years.  The the last spot is a minimum salary player.

But why keep Humpy and let Bradley go?

Right now the PFs of the future are Sully and Oly.

We have no quality SG if AB is gone. 

They may come 2015 and 2016. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I say Green & Wallace get traded. Everybody else, stays.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Fierce,

With such a tight salary cap it sounds like that Nets trade exception probably can't be used? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Bradley is not the answer at shooting guard, at least not a starter deserving of starting money.

I for one, really liked Bradley and how he has got better this year. He is also not a punk and seems to play hard every night. However, I am really starting to question his durability. His ankle his Rookie year, his shoulders and now an ankle again. Just not sure he is worth 7 or 8 million a year and I am sure he will demand that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He sounds like Gronkowski is starting to look like.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The reports that Ainge like Hump scares me. Hump may well get an 8M salary, but I don't think he's a starting PF, especially not on our team.

That's the issue with Hump and Bass, they're both solid 3rd big men who can start for like 30 games a year and be effective. 

I think Ainge keep Rondo, Bradley, Sully, Oly.

I bet Green is gone. I think only one of Bass/Hump will be moved. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

I say Green & Wallace get traded. Everybody else, stays.

YES!!! they are the only 2 players with guarenteed contracts beyond next season. get rid of them now!!!!

Wallace is not getting traded. No one wants that contract. We don't want it. It was part of the price for all those draft picks Danny has accumulated.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts