Trade for Big Al

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from todoubled17. Show todoubled17's posts

Trade for Big Al

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6dnv8pn

then sign Hill, Prince, Battier or Dunleavy to replace Green's minutes.

C's need a post scorer badly, not a lot of 26yrs 20-10 guys in free agency for the mid-level, Utah doesnt need him, but they could use Green, and I think Jefferson could be adequate on D next to KG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Trade for Big Al

I would make that trade.....20-10......inside presence....but can he (will he learn) play defense? ....Doc couldn't not give this guy major minutes....could he?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Defensive indifference, anyone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Agreed....but who would you rather have in the pivot given the choice....?

Perkins

6-10
    27 yrs old
    6.4  PPG
    6.1  RPG
    1.4  BPG

Big Al

6-10
    26 yrs old
    15.9 PPG
    8.8  RPG
    1.3  BPG

I'd take Big Al...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

He makes too much money.  DA is not taking on any big contracts right now.  I think he will make a play for DH when the season is over, and we need cap space!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well if Ainge would like to put Johnson and Big Al together then it would be a nice deal. You would then need to find a SF to replace Green.

Not a bad deal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I doubt DH comes to Boston...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Big Al:
    I doubt DH comes to Boston...
    Posted by Duke4

We already have one underachieving prima donna here.

Why would we want a 2nd.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Defensive indifference, anyone?
    Posted by painter
    yeah, for starters, and then add a dash of pure defensive invisibility...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Big Al isn't coming back. Ainge has his eyes on Dwight Howard not Big Al's bloated contract. If you want to see Big Al play you're gonna have to buy NBA League pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not sure how Ainge expects to get Howard? I just don't see enough moving parts\chips to get it accomplished.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

unfortunatly, young 20 something athletes have no connection to the history of the game....they want (in this order I believe).......Big money.....great nightlife....and great weather.....the "Celtic mystique" doesn't pertain to these players in my opinion.....that's why Miami & Orlando (no state taxes) and LA (Hollywood) attracts them....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from todoubled17. Show todoubled17's posts

I would rather have Big Al for the next two years then a garage free agent center this year and a ‘chance’ to sign Howard in 2012. DH doesn’t sound like he’d come here and we’d have a pretty good chance to win it next year with this lineup:

Rondo

Allen

KG

Jefferson

Pierce

Bench: Delonte, T Prince, C Hayes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Do it! Sure it's a big chunk of change but next year Al will be under the tutelage of KG, Ray, and Doc. The year after he'll be playing for a new contract, so I doubt he'll lose focus for the remainder of his current contract.

Who knows, this could be the kind of deal Wyc was alluding to when he talked about taking on a bad contract to get some young legs on the team?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Celtic fans talking about Dwight coming to Boston.... He doesn't like your town, your weather, or you bandwagon jumping fans.

Absolutely Hilarious!!!!  Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from legend32. Show legend32's posts

I would rather have Big Al for the next two years then a garage free agent center this year and a ‘chance’ to sign Howard in 2012. DH doesn’t sound like he’d come here and we’d have a pretty good chance to win it next year with this lineup: Rondo Allen KG Jefferson Pierce Bench: Delonte, T Prince, C Hayes
    Posted by todoubled17

I agree with you.
      Last time we waited for a "chance" we ended up getting Ron Mercer (and Billups).  Would love to see Al Jefferson back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No way I'd take Al Jefferson back with his Wally Serbiack contract.

No ______ way !

If you're gonna overpay, overpay on the right players - like KG , Ray and PP

You can't overpay on a player who's one dimentional or with a fatal flaw.

Jefferson is a below average defender and an average rebounder , he is not an All Star

No sale

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

I don't think that Utah wants to move Al. Millsap's trade makes more sense for them.
     Anyway i don't like that swap because like PHX85014 said "Jefferson is a below average defender and an average rebounder , he is not an All Star" and he probably won't change in the near future. So i hope the Celtics are not considering Big Al as a possible acquisition and are looking for a better deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why would the Jazz want Jeff Green?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

here are the reasons why I want Big Al ....the Celts had trouble scoring against LA in game 7 two years ago and again last year...had we kept Perk we could expect around 6 & 6 on the average.....with Al we could expect 16 & 8/9.....so we get another 10 points per game with his average scoring and another 2-3 possessions from his rebounding average...he has better hands, and moves...and averages the same amount of blocks...even playing a lesser defensive game vs Perk's.....his presence based on the averages could mean the Celts get 10-16 more points per game....what's not to like...?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Agreed....but who would you rather have in the pivot given the choice....? Perkins 6-10 280 27 yrs old 6.4  PPG 6.1  RPG 1.4  BPG Big Al 6-10 265 26 yrs old 15.9 PPG 8.8  RPG 1.3  BPG I'd take Big Al...
    Posted by Duke4

Or not so big Al. Although I like AJ & welcome his return, he is actually no more than 6' 8" 1/2. Compare him standing next to Howard and he looks like a withered step-child. He's shorter than AK 47 (6'9''). If you're looking for an offensive upgrade then AJ's your man. He is probably better defensively than Krystic. I don't see much upside to his game tho, but would welcome him not moving at all since the jazz are my 2nd favorite team. He's good for 17 & 8 but remains somewhat turnover prone. His movements are less fluid and he's not getting as low in the box area since his knee injury. Perhaps he'll pounce back better 2 yrs. post injury.. 

Sections
Shortcuts