Trade for Gasol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Trade for Gasol

I figured I'd stir the board up a little today.

Anyone down for a trade for Paul Gasol? Here's a deal that get's it done salary wise.

To Celtics - Gasol

To Lakers - Green, Bass and Lee

Gasol will come off the books the same time PP. It gives us the biggest and most talented frontline in the East...with Gasol and KG. It will help us control the paint vs the Heat. KG and Gasol can both play C and PF. Get Fab Melo ready and that will give us 3 7 footers. Cap wise it gets us out of these long term deals and sets us up for a big year in 2014.

I would hate to give up Green but we would get the size we need.

Fire away! LOL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Trade for Gasol

I suppose I could live with that....Gasol is certainly a talented dude....I've always liked him....I nearly fell over the day I heard he had been traded to the Lakers...I really like what Green can bring to the table though...once he learns his role and gains confidence I think he will really shine...just my opinion...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They would have to throw in Jamison as a backup to PP.

The lakers will never trade with us - it's never happened.

This trade has been proposed before..........but it's pointless because these two teams just do not do business.

Gasol also has a 15% trade kicker in his deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah that's the thing...the C's & Lakers just don't trade but the Lakers almost HAVE to get rid of Gasol to make D'Antoni's system work that they may be willing to make a deal. They need speed, shooting and perimeter defense and we need size.

I didn't know about the trade kicker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

last year i would have said yes to this. Now, i'm not so sure. Gasol's play seems to have dropped off for some reason or other (Kobe?). Given that I'd be reluctant to part with 3 players to match his colossal salay.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Rondo is the perfect PG for Gasol. He would get him so many easy baskets right at the rim. Rondo's never had a C like Gasol...I don't KG as a C. In terms of salary Green, Bass and Lee are locked in to the C's for 3-4 more years at a total of $19M per year...same as Gasol. It gets us out of that big salary in 2 years.

In terms of production, I think we get more rebounds and defensive presence in the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

19 million a year for a guy averaging 12 and 8 in 35 minutes a game who is shooting 41 percent.

Let me repeat. Gasol is a career 52 percent shooter.  he is shooting 41 percent.

No thanks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

LOL! I think his shooting pct is down because Kobe is jacking more than ever, no PG to get him the ball until Nash came back and D'Antoni has him standing out at the 3 pt line. Howard's numbers are down as well so I attribute it to D'Antoni's system, not Gasol's decline.

I like the guy. I think he's one of the most skilled big men in the league and that all changed for me when he destroyed KG in the 2010 Finals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Thats a lot to give up.  I think we would be a better team though.  I don't think the Lakers care if they trade with us or not.  If they think it makes them better I am sure they would trade with us or anyone else.  Teams don't just have a policy that says they won't trade with certain teams.  That would not make a lick of sense.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

19 million a year for a guy averaging 12 and 8 in 35 minutes a game who is shooting 41 percent.

Let me repeat. Gasol is a career 52 percent shooter.  he is shooting 41 percent.

No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Snake

He is playing outside. He probably has shot more 3pt shots this year than his whole career combined.  Just a guess. Howard is taking up space inside is the main reason I think for Gasol shooting.  I think the knee thing was just minor and he made a bigger deal out of it because he was getting blamed for their failures.  I am surprised anyone can shoot with Kome on their team.  Who can get in a rythm with a ball hog like that.  If he is a career 52% I have no reason to believe he can't get to the percentage again.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Of course he would have to get used to not getting all the phantom Laker calls in his favor. He could probably work around that though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

According to the new CBA - any team would have to pay him 650K more if they get him before the deadline.

Of course, it says 15% in his contract, but that was the old CBA!

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/27/sports/la-sp-ln-pau-gasol-has-a-limited-trade-kicker-20121127

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bass as part of a package of overpayment for Gasol who is grossly overpaid makes little sense if a package for Gortat keeps Green here.  Or another big man who can get the job done.  Gasol who is fragile in the feelings department could pout for the rest of the season and consider he is a Celtic hater.  By the way he is a jerk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was very impressed after the injury to Green at the end of the Bucks game that he came back so strong in the very next game.  I want Green to work out and hope he is not teasing us again.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im not going to read all the responses in this thread, but put the egg nog down!!!!  The LA Fakers are not and will not trade with the BOSTON CELTICS regardless if it helps both teams. Armaggadon will happen before such an event occur.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats a lot to give up.  I think we would be a better team though.  I don't think the Lakers care if they trade with us or not.  If they think it makes them better I am sure they would trade with us or anyone else.  Teams don't just have a policy that says they won't trade with certain teams.  That would not make a lick of sense.

[/QUOTE]

I think Jeff Green is worth keeping.

The ideal is Marcin Gortat. Imagine Gortat taking the place of Jason Collins in the starting lineup and Sully is the first big man off the bench. Wow!

[/QUOTE]

the idea is to get WHO we can get.  In order to dance you have to have a partner.  Wanting  Gortat and being able to work a trade are two very different things.  Its obvious we need a big so the first one that comes along that we can get is who we should take.  I would take Gortat, Gasol, and even Amare (he scares me with his knees).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like Green and want to keep Green but if Doc isn't going to feature him more and stop letting him be a side note to PP, I would rather use him to get a big. Green is a starter IMO and should get starter mins to be effective. This team needs scoring.

I hate when Doc puts Sully, Bass and Green on the frontline together...it's just idiotic. We get no rebounds and get killed in the paint. He doing it more and more.

We need to find a big whether it be Gasol or Gortat, we need to find a big.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im not going to read all the responses in this thread, but put the egg nog down!!!!  The LA Fakers are not and will not trade with the BOSTON CELTICS regardless if it helps both teams. Armaggadon will happen before such an event occur.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.   Even if a trade would help both teams, neither one will do it.  It's a trust thing, I think.  They have been rivals for too long.  I don't even think a third team would work.  Lastly, all is well here now in LA LA land.............Mychal Thompson and John Ireland even DEFENDED koME shooting 41 times the other night!!!

They are not going to trade him now.............................they are winning the title, haven't you heard???????.......LA LOL!!!!!!