Trade for Hinrich/Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trade for Hinrich/Howard

I'm going to keep banging out these trade ideas for our bench, b/c I feel we really need a boost there, so keep letting me know what you think...

The latest idea is Wizards taking Jermaine O'Neal, Avery Bradley and Marquis Daniels for Kirk Hinrich and Josh Howard.

$ works (12 million coming in 9.5 going out)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Trade for Hinrich/Howard

Such a trade is of course 2-3 weeks away, after Howard returns from his knee injury and shows himslef to be (almost) the player he was in years past. That type of player is someone who can guard the 3's that Marquis would struggle with and somone who can score A LOT of points off the bench and allow Pierce to have some nights with low mins and rest completely on a few back to backs. 

Hinrich is pretty much everything West was. He's almost as good at guarding SG's (just less blocks) and just lacks the athleticism to finish at the rim, but makes up for it by being a more complete PG (since we expected DWest to play PG and Nate SG) and slightly more stable veteran presence.

If we lose Rondo (God forbid) this team could still play very well and mayeb hold onto the much needed homecourt with an experienced PG like Hinrich (just not win a title so we'd need RR for the playoffs)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

For Washinton they save a few million this year and add a player who is as young as John Wall for their future core. They also likely gain some much needed draft position. JON is an improvement to Hilton and a 'name' that might draw a few fans at the gate.

Wall @ 6'4" should be expected to have the length to guard SG's, paired with his amazing speed he'd drive another teams elite scorer nuts.

Therefore, if you couple that and his elite playmaking pass first PG skills with all the good you've heard about Bradley (can guard PG's right away, big ceiling as a scoring combo-guard) it negates the negative you've heard about Bradley (unlikely to ever be a pure PG).

A Bradley/Wall backcourt could be incredible in 2 years.

But the Celtics should care less about 2 years from now. and Rondo is not 6'4". A replacement for West who can play with Nate over the next 1 3/4 years and a superior backup SF than Daniels for this years playoff wars are worth the loss of Bradley.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't see Washington being interested in such a trade.  Although it might work for the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Nobody wants JO right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would you rather I just say the trade is Hinrich/Howard for Avery Bradley P34?

Obviously Jermaine is the $ part of it, the Wiz save a couple million this year and break even next year financially so we are not asking them to pay him one dime more than the players that join us.

JON and Daniels can add something to that bench. They won't be as good as Hinrich/Howard, but the point is to be a lotto team for 2 more years anyhow AND add skilled young players to that core, so Avery fits the bill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Why would you want to mess with the team chemistry at this point? No need to fix something that isn't broken. It's too early to cast away JON. Give him some time to heal properly. Besides, it's quite presumptuous to think that the deep pocketed new owner of the Wizards is looking to save some bucks by trading away two of their better players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Hinrich/Howard:
    Nobody wants JO right now. 
    Posted by P34

not only that but WHO in their right mind would want "doobie" howard?  the guy is a zero in the clutch- something like the lowest fourth quarter production among starters at his position the last year he spent face down in a bong in dallas- horrible.

his character is poor, his skills are fast eroding. 

forget howard, but hinrich would be good if the numbers work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Stick with what you already have! The Celtics have lost three of 4 games with Referees named Crawford as the head refs of those games! So in all actuality they are 16 and 1. My apologies to David Sterns for exposing his two henchmen for what they are bought and paid for crooked Refs against the Celtics,cripes blind old Joey called a Flagrant 1 against Shaq when all he did was hold his arms straight up in the air! In a game that was a one point game at the time,does this scenario sound familiar? Oh by the way the NBA rescinded the flagrant 1 call but not the ensuing 4 points the opponent scored because of it. Two many crooks and not enough jail cells!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

The Celts have got to be looking at JON the same as a mid season pick up like PJ Brown once was. Let him recover [if at all possible] and bring him back by All Star Break time [hopefully].

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The bench is fine. Take a deep breath. 

Your trade ideas are at least vaguely realistic but I'm not clear on why you can't enjoy watching a team that has the best record in its conference.

I'm glad this isn't a Heat forum, you'd be posting here all day trying to fix their roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't like this trade. Giving up big for small and the fact that Erden is hanging on by gum and tape until JON comes back, we can't afford to jettison JON YET. One more injury or extended time out and I'm all for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

The bench is fine. Take a deep breath.  Your trade ideas are at least vaguely realistic but I'm not clear on why you can't enjoy watching a team that has the best record in its conference. I'm glad this isn't a Heat forum, you'd be posting here all day trying to fix their roster.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

what this guy said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I do not see how this trade helps Boston.

josh has a bad knee just like O'neal.  Daniels is heathly and playing well for the Celtics.   Nate is more than capable of playing 10-12 MPG at the point.  Bradley is a rookie with a lot of upside.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Trade for Hinrich/Howard:
    I'm going to keep banging out these trade ideas for our bench, b/c I feel we really need a boost there, so keep letting me know what you think... The latest idea is Wizards taking Jermaine O'Neal, Avery Bradley and Marquis Daniels for Kirk Hinrich and Josh Howard. $ works (12 million coming in 9.5 going out)
    Posted by rameakap

useless trend!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If it ain't broke....don't blog it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why would you want to mess with the team chemistry at this point? No need to fix something that isn't broken. It's too early to cast away JON. Give him some time to heal properly. Besides, it's quite presumptuous to think that the deep pocketed new owner of the Wizards is looking to save some bucks by trading away two of their better players.
    Posted by edcap99

I'm pretty sure that if the new owner felt Bradley would be perfect mixed into the backcourt with Wall and Nick Young as part of the future he wouldn't give two sh!ts about Hinrich and Howard, guys there for 1-2 more years who simply help them win games they'd rather lose and stay in that 8-12 lotto slot when 2-6 is where any rebuilding team w/ a 20 year old star would want to be

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Hinrich/Howard : not only that but WHO in their right mind would want "doobie" howard?  the guy is a zero in the clutch- something like the lowest fourth quarter production among starters at his position the last year he spent face down in a bong in dallas- horrible. his character is poor, his skills are fast eroding.  forget howard, but hinrich would be good if the numbers work.
    Posted by aciemvp

Easily a quarter of the NBA smokes.... 'Quis does, only diff between him and Howard is that Howard was dumb enough to talk about it... oh and Howard is a better player

If he struggles and looks eroed then of course don't pull a trade like this in 3 weeks... but in every season but last year you had a player who was superior in defense @ the 3 and flat out scoring buckets than Daniels...

I prefer the best players possible, they are the same age and doubtlessly lead the same off court lifestyles

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Stick with what you already have! The Celtics have lost three of 4 games with Referees named Crawford as the head refs of those games! So in all actuality they are 16 and 1. My apologies to David Sterns for exposing his two henchmen for what they are bought and paid for crooked Refs against the Celtics,cripes blind old Joey called a Flagrant 1 against Shaq when all he did was hold his arms straight up in the air! In a game that was a one point game at the time,does this scenario sound familiar? Oh by the way the NBA rescinded the flagrant 1 call but not the ensuing 4 points the opponent scored because of it. Two many crooks and not enough jail cells!
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Truth

but the lack of a Posey like player and tall veteran PG to play w/ diminutive 2's Eddie and Nate has hurt this team for 2 years running

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

bench is FINE. 13-4? your usually only supposed to see trade proposals when a team is struggling (ex- miami). our bench is fine and is only going to get better when Perk and Delonte return..why get rid of a young talent in Avery?? and an extra big in JO (everyone knows you cant have enough).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't think any team that would want Josh Howard at the moment.

I also don't think the Celtics should be pushing any panic buttons. Last time I looked they were travelling ok. Injuries yes, but they're playing fine.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

fun to look thru this old junk aint it?

Sections
Shortcuts