Trade for Shane Battier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trade for Shane Battier

Houston is 4-11 and clearly not going to come out of the West even with a spirited run when LA, Dallas, New Orleans, Utah, San Antonio and OKC are all clearly superior.

So can they PLEASE just trade us Shane Battier???

I'd give up our 1st rd pick and J.O'Neal for him. We'd just have to toss in the 800k salary of Wafer (or West only if he is out for the year)

Is the prospect of one of a 1st rd pick in the 28-30 range enough for them to trade a team leader and pay JON 6m in 2011-12? 

Probably not.

What else could we do? We can't trade Semih if JON is also gone b/c we'd have no bigs. We could trade them Avery Bradley, but that is some serious young talent that would be looking bad in 2-3 years.

What about Brad Miller who has 1 extra year than JON. We could expand the trade to him back and include Semih. But that no doubt hurts our cap in the future.

Hmmmm

Danny get creative and get us Shane Battier!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Trade for Shane Battier

this is intriguing.  solid defense, good fundamentals could be a plus.

but where would this leave marquis?  doc seems allergic to playing daniels at the 2 but if we got battier that would be the only thing left to do with him, eh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Trade for Shane Battier:
    Houston is 4-11 and clearly not going to come out of the West even with a spirited run when LA, Dallas, New Orleans, Utah, San Antonio and OKC are all clearly superior. So can they PLEASE just trade us Shane Battier??? I'd give up our 1st rd pick and J.O'Neal for him. We'd just have to toss in the 800k salary of Wafer (or West only if he is out for the year) Is the prospect of one of a 1st rd pick in the 28-30 range enough for them to trade a team leader and pay JON 6m in 2011-12?  Probably not. What else could we do? We can't tarde Semih if JON is also gone b/c we'd have no bigs. We could trade them Avery Bradley, but that is some serious young talent that would be looking bad in 2-3 years. What about Brad Miller who has 1 extra year than JON. We could expand the tarde to him back and include Semih. But that no doubt hurts our cap in the future. Hmmmm Danny get creative and get us Shane Battier
    Posted by rameakap

Perkins and Daniels for Battier!  Bring back Sheed, get JON healthy, get West healthy, hang #18 in the rafters!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Battier will cost 7.3m, not doable IMO. JO is damaged goods, why would the Rockets want him?

The better scenario would be to trade for Battier's teammate Courtney Lee. He's only being paid 1.3m this year. Avery Bradley for Courtney Lee anyone?

Please don't trade Perk. We need him against the likes of Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Shane Battier:
    In Response to Trade for Shane Battier : Perkins and Daniels for Battier!  Bring back Sheed, get JON healthy, get West healthy, hang #18 in the rafters!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

No more Sheed, please. Big Baby is a good enough replacement for Sheed.

And please don't trade Perk, he's more valuable than having Battier backup Pierce or Ray. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Danny already said he won't be messing with the roster. This thread is kind of pointless...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Danny already said he won't be messing with the roster. This thread is kind of pointless...
    Posted by celticsfanmx

Only up to Dec. 14 he won't. On the next day, Dec. 15, the trade restrictions on newly signed free-agents will be gone.

If Ainge were to make a move right now, it would only be to sign a guy like Rashad McCants. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I've wanted McCants since training camp.  An upgrade, I think, over Wafer.......but not quite Battier!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I've wanted McCants since training camp.  An upgrade, I think, over Wafer.......but not quite Battier!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Battier is not doing too well this season. He's getting the minutes but he seems to be inefficient, 35.5% FG and 27.9% 3pt FG%. 

Don't forget that Battier is already 32 years old, not the player he used to be anymore. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

No trades at this time.  We are doing fine, why trade JO and a first round pick for a middle of the road player?  I haven't given up on JO yet.  Besides when/if we get all our bigs back we will have brutal line of centers and power forwards.  The Faker softness will be exposed big time.  Kome will be shooting horrible shots everytime he gets the ball, the bickering starts,  Artest goes off the deep in, and on and on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think it's too early to be talking trades. This thread would be better suited to be posted after the New Year when trade talks start to heat up. It also gives the season a while to unfold and the players a long enough chance to show their game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I think it's too early to be talking trades. This thread would be better suited to be posted after the New Year when trade talks start to heat up. It also gives the season a while to unfold and the players a long enough chance to show their game.
    Posted by mem17

***round of applause***

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Interesting proposition. Battier's a good player, but I'm not sure where he'll fit into the current lineup. He's also 32 years old, and it may not be a such good idea to give up young talent for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Can we trade you also?

Actually sometimes I have enjoyed your posts so nevermind...but Battier is not the player you think he is anymore....and getting older by the way. 

A much better solution is to keep our excellent roster as it is and wait and see how we do injury wise. It would be foolish to do anything now, wait till we see if any more injuries will hurt the roster in specific areas, then make trades to address those. For now, stand pat. Only player down (West) is where we have a surplus.

Also, if posting trade ideas, please keep in mind that the players you think are expendable or crummy (JO) are exactly the ones other teams don't want either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why not Avery Bradley for Courtney Lee?

Salaries match too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Seems a lot of you prefer Lee to Battier.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting a SF to help defend LeBron, Odom/Artest, Deng, Ariza, Melo, the 3 guys on the Knicks and big athlete wings like that over a SG like Lee.

I'd trade Bradley for Lee of course. Then spend the next 2 months with Lee playing 20 mins to Ray's 28, keep the man rested! There are more minutes for a SG than a PG on this team in the future anyhow. I guess Bradley coould be a Jason Terry/Bobby Jackson like combo guard, but a pure 2 who would eventually take over for Ray and put in 14-17 a game is a better choice I feel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My issue with the current bench is that Nate is NOT a PG.

DWest was perfect for him. What a blow... ugh. 

As the roster stands right now I'd prefer to have Quis play PG on offense and Nate SG, even tho Quis didn't really like that role last year w/ House, but it is better than forcing Nate to be the PG. Then Nate guards PG's on D of course.

That means that Daniels would then have to switch over and guard SF's b/c Wafer gets soem time, OR PP/Ray play 38-40 m ins a game (please no!). I'd much rather have Daniels switching over to guard SG's, who he can play really good against, then any 6'8" SF's who would beat him up.

So currently, Wafer or big mins for Ray/PP = bad idea

Trade for Lee is good, but w/ Battier on the bench @ SF it is better than Lee IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Of course IF you can get Lee, use him now on a bench that lights it up with him, Nate and Baby scoring and Daniels/Semih defending, doing dirty work, gettign some layups, then you can make another trade in Feb with more of an eye towards the playoffs.

That of course would be the dream trade for Tayshaun Prince.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Shane Battier : http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shane_battier/ Battier is not doing too well this season. He's getting the minutes but he seems to be inefficient, 35.5% FG and 27.9% 3pt FG%.  Don't forget that Battier is already 32 years old, not the player he used to be anymore. 
    Posted by P34

so Battier is 'already' younger than Pierce?

He's be asked to play 20 regular season minutes and 12-16 playoff mins where good defense and smart veteran decisions on offense are what counts.

Not being a 30 minsute a game starter expected to hits 3's

I'm pretty sure he is just the type of savvy veteran leader who would relish a reduced role to play with the roster we have and give 110% to get a ring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Shane Battier : so Battier is 'already' younger than Pierce? He's be asked to play 20 regular season minutes and 12-16 playoff mins where good defense and smart veteran decisions on offense are what counts. Not being a 30 minsute a game starter expected to hits 3's I'm pretty sure he is just the type of savvy veteran leader who would relish a reduced role to play with the roster we have and give 110% to get a ring.
    Posted by rameakap

The problem is the Celtics can't afford Battier's 7.3m salary. Unless of course Houston would accept JO in return.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Shane Battier : The problem is the Celtics can't afford Battier's 7.3m salary. Unless of course Houston would accept JO in return.
    Posted by P34

That's the whole point, so what kind of youth/picks can we offer to get them to pay JON 6m in 2011-12

At this point Avery is probably too much to give and our '11 1st rd pick too little... agree??

Which doesn't leave much, unless Perk returns and looks pretty good for a few weeks and it is a move right before the deadline deal where we add Semih b/c with Perk and Shaq we are stable up front

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Tomorrow we play the Blazers.  Wes Matthews is now starting for them.  How about Nicholas Batum as a cheaper replacement for Battier?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'd trade marquis for Battier.  Seems a fair enough trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade marquis for Battier.  Seems a fair enough trade.
    Posted by cole-ely

Battier as a legit SF who is the leader of that team and best wing defender is slightly more valuable than Daniels. Their PER's show this as Battier is 11.1 and Daniels 9.6.

Both are on the low end for either player though.

Either way, You'd need to add in about 3.5 million in salary from us to make the two of them able to be swapped for one another.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celts are playing so well right now that you probably don't want to expand a trade to totally re-shape the bench, just add a player to tweak it and replace West.

Sections
Shortcuts