Trade, Green- Bradley- and Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Trade, Green- Bradley- and Rondo

These are our chips and we need to cash them in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Trade, Green- Bradley- and Rondo

Keep Bradley, he can play DEFENSE  !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

And Rondo doesn't?  Who are you going to cash Rondo for?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bradley thinks he's worth too much, rondo is worth about 60% of what he's paid and green is a wet potato chip of a bargaining chip.  nobody wants this stuff who is building a contender.  it's going to be a heck of a trick to turn these stiffs over into anything but more overpaid stiffs in return

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"bradley thinks he's worth too much, rondo is worth about 60% of what he's paid and green is a wet potato chip of a bargaining chip. "

Close to correct. 

Green is NOT a chip, you're 100 percent on that. Nobody wants Green, he's on a ridiculous contract Ainge never should have offered him. 

Also you're right on Bradley, from what I can tell he wants a higher contract than he deserves. 

Rondo, well, you're kind of wrong there. Rondo is on a fair contract now, if there were three more years on it, then it would be a tradeable contract. But, word is he wants a max deal. That will scare teams so he's not even worth 60 percent if that's the case. Maybe 30 percent. 

In truth, we have no tradeable assets which is one reason why we have not made a trade. 

Our only "chips" are Sullinger and KO, there are teams who would want those guys. Brandon Bass is semi-tradeable but not for a whole lot in return.

But I don't see any forum folks asking to trade those players because they have too much potential based on what they are paid etc. 

Well, guess what? Other teams feel the same way!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

let's face it, all we have are buffalo chips unless we want to trade our only good young guys with potential away and they are generally signed at deep discount right now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Rondo, well, you're kind of wrong there. Rondo is on a fair contract now, if there were three more years on it, then it would be a tradeable contract. But, word is he wants a max deal. That will scare teams so he's not even worth 60 percent if that's the case. Maybe 30 percent. 

In truth, we have no tradeable assets which is one reason why we have not made a trade. 

Our only "chips" are Sullinger and KO, there are teams who would want those guys. Brandon Bass is semi-tradeable but not for a whole lot in return.

But I don't see any forum folks asking to trade those players because they have too much potential based on what they are paid etc. 

everyone has their own opinion i guess.

i think rondo's deal right now is ridiculous for what he brings.  HALF of 13 million next year is closer to what he's worth than 13M is....

if it was even close you would have had contenderS lining up to try to grab him this year.  interest was TEPID to non-existent / totally contrived.  the "houston" talk was a LOL in my opinion

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Keep Sully & Oly and trade everyone else we are able to unload and try to get draft picks and then bite the bullet for 2-3 years & build the team through the draft 100% when possible and our coach with college experience is the right man to lead young out of college players. I cite Golden State who got Curry & Thompson, the best front court in the game I think, in the 1st round with Barnes too who starts. They might have won this year if Bogut didn't get hurt. Again, build mainly through the draft & unload anyone that'll get us a decent draft pick.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo will be a free agent soon and gone, we will not pay him max.  Avery is too small.  Green would be a good fit for Detroit or Houston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

bradley thinks he's worth too much, rondo is worth about 60% of what he's paid and green is a wet potato chip of a bargaining chip.  nobody wants this stuff who is building a contender.  it's going to be a heck of a trick to turn these stiffs over into anything but more overpaid stiffs in return

Like that chip that broke off in the dip and was still there next time you opened the can?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

Like that chip that broke off in the dip and was still there next time you opened the can?

with just a touch of mold growing on it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

"bradley thinks he's worth too much, rondo is worth about 60% of what he's paid and green is a wet potato chip of a bargaining chip. "

Close to correct. 

Green is NOT a chip, you're 100 percent on that. Nobody wants Green, he's on a ridiculous contract Ainge never should have offered him. 

Also you're right on Bradley, from what I can tell he wants a higher contract than he deserves. 

True.  It's going to be hard for Danny to make trades and get something that is better in return without giving up draft picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

everyone has their own opinion i guess.

i think rondo's deal right now is ridiculous for what he brings.  HALF of 13 million next year is closer to what he's worth than 13M is....

if it was even close you would have had contenderS lining up to try to grab him this year.  interest was TEPID to non-existent / totally contrived.  the "houston" talk was a LOL in my opinion

And just how do you KNOW this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We will see, I think that we can get something for them.   They are three good players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo for Parsons, Green for a Detroit big, Avery for a draft choice or young talent.  It is possible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I think the only one who has any trade value is Rondo.  And really it's very situational, because the only teams out there that may be interested enough to give you anything for him are Detroit and the Lakers.  They will have mid to low level lottery picks and some young prospects to offer.  I think DA needs to jump at either of these options and build this team from the ground up.

When (not if) Rondo tests out free agency there will be teams lined up around the block willing to offer him a near-max deal, whether the Rondo haters want to believe it or not.  I can even see him taking LESS money just to get out of Boston where he is constantly bashed by media and fans, and probably has no chance of competing for anything while still in his prime.  

Why would anyone want to stay in a situation where the team is years away and relying on draft lottery luck, where he is regarded higher by competing fan bases than his own, and where the hometown media continuously emplores the GM to trade him?

This is so reminiscent of Paul Peirce's situation right before we got Ray and KG, but this time there aren't any guys like that coming here to save Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why do we want to trade winners for losers?

Excellent and awesome  (Rondo and Bradley) two way players are hard to come by.

Parsons-loser (defense)

Heyward- loser(defense)

Asik- loser (bball iq, toughness, shooting)

Carmelo Anthony- loser(bball iq, passing, defense)

Josh Smith- loser(bball iq, shooting, passing, toughness)

Greg Monroe- loser(bball iq, toughness, defense)

Andray Blatche- loser(toughness, defense, bball iq)

( bball iq, passing, toughness, shooting, defensive weaknesses are too great. The aforementioned do not play effectively enough in those areas )

Dont trade substance for glamour.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Why do we want to trade winners for losers?

Yep keep them and weeeeep.

Excellent and awesome  (Rondo and Bradley) two way players are hard to come by.

Parsons-loser (defense)

Heyward- loser(defense)

Asik- loser (bball iq, toughness, shooting)

Carmelo Anthony- loser(bball iq, passing, defense)

Josh Smith- loser(bball iq, shooting, passing, toughness)

Greg Monroe- loser(bball iq, toughness, defense)

Andray Blatche- loser(toughness, defense, bball iq)

( bball iq, passing, toughness, shooting, defensive weaknesses are too great. The aforementioned do not play effectively enough in those areas )

Dont trade substance for glamour.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Aisk and Parsons are not losers any more than Ray and Kevin were loooosers.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

You've seen all you're going to see out of these three "titans" of NBA excellence. They will never be any better or more consistent than they are now. Hoping for "potential' to finally come true for these veterans is more than naive, it's down right stupid, and you folks are not stupid because I've seen your posts.

What have these three won without two or three other HOF'rs on their teams? N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!

Dump them while some clown-boy of an NBA GM still can sell their dumb fan base on the "untapped potential" promise from these stiffs before it's too late. Dump them like they're hot - which they are NOT!

Sections
Shortcuts