Trade idea: BOS - ATL - DAL (Can the math work?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Trade idea: BOS - ATL - DAL (Can the math work?)

I think its possible to use PP and AB in a three team deal that gets us Josh Smith and OJ Mayo. Atlanta wanted our 2013 pick for Josh Smith at the deadline but i'm sure they would be happy with the Dallas lottery pick.  Dallas also will need to replace OJ Mayo who plans to opt out for more cash. Dallas also wants to sell its lottery pick for cap space. Atlanta would need to agree to take someone like Vince Carter to make the numbers work. My head started to spin thinking of scenarios on how to get it done....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Trade idea: BOS - ATL - DAL (Can the math work?)

Would not want to pay J. Smith max money!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Would not want to pay J. Smith max money!

No I would not pay him a max deal..A deal at like 12-13mm a year.  I think he would take a discount to play for Doc and his buddy rondo..Hes said before he would love to play here..

I'd pay OJ May a deal around 6mm-8mm a year.

Maybe I'm just dreaming with these numbers..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics can't make any of these moves at draft night.

The C's are also STACKED at SG. Mayo made sense for Ray in 2012, but not with Lee and Terry being owed 25 million the next 2-3 years and Bradley due for an extension.

Josh Smith in a sign and trade to Boston can still work after July 1st. And he WANTS to come here. I don't see what kind of deal it could be. Atlanta likely has little interest in Lee/Terry. Bass would help them but isn't the young asset they need. They have Teague, Jenkins and Lou Williams, adding Bradley is just making that more crowded, but he is a young asset they can trade again in the future or keep and trade Williams. Jeff Green is a slight downgrade from Smith but makes the most sense.

The only sign and trade I can see the Hawks wanting to do with us for Smith is Green, Bradley and Melo or a 2014 1st rd pick for him. Or a 3-team deal in which someone else (like Golden State) gets Pierce and the Hawks get picks and a player like Draymond Green or Ezeli plus a big expiring contract like Richard Jefferson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The C's are also STACKED at SG. Mayo made sense for Ray in 2012, but not with Lee and Terry being owed 25 million the next 2-3 years and Bradley due for an extension.

Josh Smith in a sign and trade to Boston can still work after July 1st. And he WANTS to come here. I don't see what kind of deal it could be. Atlanta likely has little interest in Lee/Terry. Bass would help them but isn't the young asset they need. They have Teague, Jenkins and Lou Williams, adding Bradley is just making that more crowded, but he is a young asset they can trade again in the future or keep and trade Williams. Jeff Green is a slight downgrade from Smith but makes the most sense.

The only sign and trade I can see the Hawks wanting to do with us for Smith is Green, Bradley and Melo or a 2014 1st rd pick for him. Or a 3-team deal in which someone else (like Golden State) gets Pierce and the Hawks get picks and a player like Draymond Green or Ezeli plus a big expiring contract like Richard Jefferson.

Im fine with giving up Jeff green for Josh Smith. We need to find a way to ship Terry and Lee out of here. Its obvious that Terry, Lee and Green need the ball to be effective. I just dont think they mesh well with Rondo who needs the ball in his hands at all times..2014 draft will be one we will be talking about for years. We need to clear these bad contracts and try to get draft picks for 2014..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is Smith any better than an improving Green???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'll take green over smoove every day and twice on Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Is Smith any better than an improving Green???

Smith is an improvement defensively and in rebounding, but a downgrade offensively.  I hate Smith's game and wouldn't want him on this team without a strong veteran presence.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Josh Smith makes Antione Walker's offense look unselfish and under control.. NO!!! Please no!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

Josh Smith makes Antione Walker's offense look unselfish and under control.. NO!!! Please no!

JOsh Smith is not a winner in any sense.  Stay away.  He isn't very bright.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Jeff green at 9 million is way better than J Smith at 15 million or J Smith at 9 million 

Sections
Shortcuts