Trade Idea Open for Criticism

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Re: Trade Idea Open for Criticism

If there is no other option approaching the deadline - sure.  Lateral replacement from Bass to Maxiell although Bass remains the better shooter (Maxiell career 57% ft shooter...) and brings in another backcourt body.  Not a game changer.

I wouldn't be concerned with the fact that they are both FA after the season.  If they both leave we aren't left with nothing - we are left either closer to the luxury line or with more flexibility (I don't pretend to be a C's cap expert).  In many trade scenarios, I believe the majority of people underestimate the value of salary flexibility (particularly when dealing with bench/role players) of "not getting anything in return."

It is in that light that I don't knwo what Detroit gets out of this.  If they make this trade they are in essence signing BBass as a free agent for two years & $13M.  If I am Joe Dumars - that doesn't excite me as I woudl probably want that flexibility in decisions this summer, whether to resign one or both or find other options.  If I'm DA, I'd do it if it was the best offer on the table (and it or something like it might well be) but I wouldn't do it from Detriot's standpoint without something else to "compensate" me for taking $13M off of Boston's books.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I could go for these...nice proposal.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:

If there is no other option approaching the deadline - sure.  Lateral replacement from Bass to Maxiell although Bass remains the better shooter (Maxiell career 57% ft shooter...) and brings in another backcourt body.  Not a game changer.

I wouldn't be concerned with the fact that they are both FA after the season.  If they both leave we aren't left with nothing - we are left either closer to the luxury line or with more flexibility (I don't pretend to be a C's cap expert).  In many trade scenarios, I believe the majority of people underestimate the value of salary flexibility (particularly when dealing with bench/role players) of "not getting anything in return."

It is in that light that I don't knwo what Detroit gets out of this.  If they make this trade they are in essence signing BBass as a free agent for two years & $13M.  If I am Joe Dumars - that doesn't excite me as I woudl probably want that flexibility in decisions this summer, whether to resign one or both or find other options.  If I'm DA, I'd do it if it was the best offer on the table (and it or something like it might well be) but I wouldn't do it from Detriot's standpoint without something else to "compensate" me for taking $13M off of Boston's books.

Unless we get under the cap by enough money to add a superior player than Bass/Maxiell is then there is no advantage in salary cap flexibility by losing Bass's remaining 2 years for an expiring contract.

The C's are a playoff team, so having Bass backing up Sully next year is better than having to use the MLE or a draft pick on a guy to do that. In such a trade as the above there is a great chance that you could get Maxiell for cheaper than the 2/13.5 Bass has left on his deal.

I prefer to see a healthy Sully, Wilcox and Green at PF over Bass. so if we made such a trade, and Maxiell was re-signed for like 1 year at 3-4 million, that would be better than paying Bass 13.5 over the next 2. I would def do a deal like that if it was the only one out there for us at the deadline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:

Unless we get under the cap by enough money to add a superior player than Bass/Maxiell is then there is no advantage in salary cap flexibility by losing Bass's remaining 2 years for an expiring contract.

The C's are a playoff team, so having Bass backing up Sully next year is better than having to use the MLE or a draft pick on a guy to do that. In such a trade as the above there is a great chance that you could get Maxiell for cheaper than the 2/13.5 Bass has left on his deal.

I prefer to see a healthy Sully, Wilcox and Green at PF over Bass. so if we made such a trade, and Maxiell was re-signed for like 1 year at 3-4 million, that would be better than paying Bass 13.5 over the next 2. I would def do a deal like that if it was the only one out there for us at the deadline.

I'm hoping for an off-season where we trade Bass and sign Earl Clark for the MLE!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Similar type deals (Bass, Barbosa and maybe a 1st or 2nd rd pick depending on the talent for a big and a guard:

Ridnour and Stiemsma

Chuck Hayes or Jason Thompson and Aaron Brooks

Roger Mason Jr. and Jason smith (or Robin Lopez if its a 1st rd pick or Melo in the deal)

My personal favorite would be Mozgov, Anthony Randolph and Jordan Hamilton

Kleiza, Aaron Gray, Pietrus?

These are the types of unexciting deals Danny could be offered if moving Bass in a 1 for 2

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I would go for Bynum with bass and barbosa and/or pick/s