Trade idea: Pierce for Rudy Gay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Trade idea: Pierce for Rudy Gay

Pierce will most likely not get another contract from us. We currently have an anemic offense. We clearly are not winning a ttile this year, without a true center. We mine as well cash in on him while we can. From a production standpoint, they are bascially the same player now but I think we can get more out of Gay. We need to continue to build for the future. Dont give me that Jeff Green is Pierce's replacement, no one will eat that contract and my grandmother would grab a rebound over him. Don't give me were eventually get free agents, no superstar is walking through the door if not traded. Don't give me that loyalty crap either, this is a business and unless we make a move now we are screwed for the future.

Then theres the rondo effect. I'm team rondo all day but hes as mature as my 13 year old nephew. Mr I only play on nationally televised games. He's playing like crap now. The difference between the playoff rondo and this rondo is self motivation. If when pierce retires we are losing, rondo will pack it in. So lets help keep him motivated and trade for his buddy. Worst case scenario we can trade Gay's contract in the off season if it doesnt work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Trade idea: Pierce for Rudy Gay

Numbers font work we have to match numbers for numbers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Utter nonsense.Rudy Gay can`t carry Pierce`s jock.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Numbers font work we have to match numbers for numbers

Actually, it works perfectly.....I don't think it will happen.  I would love it, but I can't see it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce will retire a Celtic unless he WANTS to play somewhere else and you'll find that Gay replacing Pierce is like Green replacing Pierce......they don't have that mentality and shooting touch that Pierce has.   Paul isn't as athletic, but he's more skilled and we would find that neither guy can really be a Paul Pierce.   PP is about to become a top 20 scorer in the history of the NBA, a hall of famer.  He scored 40 this year, alone.   You really thingk Gay or Green have a chance of being that player?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I don't know , but we need to replace Paul soon and Gay and Green would be a good start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Pierce will retire a Celtic unless he WANTS to play somewhere else and you'll find that Gay replacing Pierce is like Green replacing Pierce......they don't have that mentality and shooting touch that Pierce has.   Paul isn't as athletic, but he's more skilled and we would find that neither guy can really be a Paul Pierce.   PP is about to become a top 20 scorer in the history of the NBA, a hall of famer.  He scored 40 this year, alone.   You really thingk Gay or Green have a chance of being that player?

They are both more athletically gifted that PP, but Pierce excells in the mental part of the game. Green wants no part of the ball with the game on the line at this point. Does Gay have that? I don't know , but few players do..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

It's a young man's game - I think Pierce has slowed to the point where he can no longer stay with any of the young guns he'd have to guard come playoff time

I think Rudy Gay can.

And I think Rudy Gay is accustomed to the role of team captain and franchise cornerstone , absolutely he can be the #1 option in the heat of the moment.

20 years from now, Paul Pierce will still be remembered for having the more significant career as a Celtic, but his days as an All Star #1 option are over , Rudy Gay still has 3 or 4 All Star appearances left in him.

I love Pierce, but the Celtics would be much better with Rudy Gay going forward this season.

With Pierce, I think the Celtics have no chance to get past Miami and would barely make it out of the first round.

Plus Rudy Gay's ability to play the #2 guard clears more minutes for Jeff Green.

Finally - how about cutting Jeff Green some slack , you people talk about him like he's horrible. He has played well off the bench, but he's barely getting his legs and conditioning back after having a year off. I think he is adjusting well, but his role is still evolving. Trading Pierce for Rudy G would help Green solidify his postion on the Celtics

This trade makes a lot of sense , even if Ainge threw in next years #1 pick.

Time marches on.....

Getting a major playor like Rudy Gay for Pierce would be a major coup for Danny Ainge.

Sections
Shortcuts