Trade idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Trade idea

Rondo to the pistons for Greg Monroe and there first round pick. This year or next. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Trade idea

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

Rondo to the pistons for Greg Monroe and there first round pick. This year or next. 

Are you serious Doug Funny?

A. There is a thread about this started today from Bleacher Report, only it also included dumping Wallace for Jennings.

B. The Pistons don't have a 1st rd pick this year. It was a pretty big deal when the Cavs hit #1 overall and bumped the Pistons from #8 to no pick at all (Charlotte got it when it turned into #9).

C. Rondo in deals for Monroe in some form has been discussed endlessly this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

They don't have a first this year, and can't trade their first next year due to trading this one. And Monroe is COMPLETELY OVERRATED!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

They don't have a first this year, and can't trade their first next year due to trading this one. And Monroe is COMPLETELY OVERRATED!

I would still trade rondo for him straight up, then draft smart. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Monroe averaged 15 & 9 in 31 mins, shot under 50%, has limited range, limited athleticism, and doesn't (or can't) play defense.  And he wants a near max contract. 

There are 3 bigs (Sully, Humphries,Olynyk) already on the Celtics that would give you similar production with better efficiency if given the opportunity to play 31 mins a game, and for less $$$.  So why add Monroe? Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

None of our bigs bring the type of bulk and presence that Monroe brings.  Fav compares as good or better but he is not talked about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Then, if Fav is as good or better, why doesn't he play? If he iswhat need for Monroe ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

None of our bigs bring the type of bulk and presence that Monroe brings.  Fav compares as good or better but he is not talked about.

Fav com pares favorably to Melo, and not the one named "Anthony", and that ain't ,good!

El Hombre' INVISIBLE' needs to get his act together right off the bat in camp or go back to the Euro League.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Then, if Fav is as good or better, why doesn't he play? If he iswhat need for Monroe ?

Mabey we were tuned into losing last year.  Mabey he was hurt, I am not sure about that.  I do know he looked pretty good at times and seemed to need coaching.  But he held his own, has size, looked like he could shoot well enough that he would need to be defended.  i am not sure what you think a first year NBA center should look like but it was his first year in the NBA, but he seemed to me to have the skills that could be channeled into playing the 5 spot.  Not a alllll-starrrr but a good solid player to play with some much better players than what he had to play with last year. Then we have the other center we drafted last year, that I though had some good upside at the 5.  WE have power forwards coming out of our rear end, so I don't think we need another power forward. We need a player or two that can finish a game and Yes I do not think Love is that guy.  I would rather have Anthony.  I hope that a different opinion does not upset you too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Mabey we were tuned into losing last year.  Mabey he was hurt, I am not sure about that.  I do know he looked pretty good at times and seemed to need coaching.  But he held his own, has size, looked like he could shoot well enough that he would need to be defended.  i am not sure what you think a first year NBA center should look like but it was his first year in the NBA, but he seemed to me to have the skills that could be channeled into playing the 5 spot.  Not a alllll-starrrr but a good solid player to play with some much better players than what he had to play with last year. Then we have the other center we drafted last year, that I though had some good upside at the 5.  WE have power forwards coming out of our rear end, so I don't think we need another power forward. We need a player or two that can finish a game and Yes I do not think Love is that guy.  I would rather have Anthony.  I hope that a different opinion does not upset you too much.

Only a Celtic "green teamer" could possiblt say Faux Hawk looked good last season...he SUCKED, absolutely and definitively...he had two good games, the first two, then fell off the edge of the earth....The leg injury had nothing to do with his disappearance....he'll be, at best, a third option at center in the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

"Presence" is a completely immeasurable and subjective attribute.  I could argue that Sully and Humphries have more presence in game situations because they can score inside, but ALSO can step out and hit the 15-17 footers with regularity giving you more versatility within the offense. 

And I don't know how much presence you expect a guy to have when he was the third or fourth best player on a 29 win team that was trying to make the playoffs. They won only 4 more games than the actively tanking Celtics.  Although this isn't all Monroe's fault, his lack of defense, motor and versatility didnt help at all either.

Sully is plenty Bulky, and more versatile. Humphries is MUCH more active and athletic on both sides of the ball, which cancels out any advantage that Monroe's extra 15lbs gives him.  Olynyk is taller and more of a skills based player.  Oh and thank you for bringing up FAV.  You are right, he probably will be as good or better than Monroe or at least more well-rounded. So thats just one more reason to NOT acquire him. Especially if you are giving up good assets and paying him $14, $15 mil a year or more.

He is the PF/C version of Jeff Green, a one (maybe two) trick pony with questionable competitiveness. Do we really want a team made up of guys like that? I don't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Monroe averaged 15 & 9 in 31 mins, shot under 50%, has limited range, limited athleticism, and doesn't (or can't) play defense.  And he wants a near max contract. 

There are 3 bigs (Sully, Humphries,Olynyk) already on the Celtics that would give you similar production with better efficiency if given the opportunity to play 31 mins a game, and for less $$$.  So why add Monroe? Why?

It is the length of the contract that determines if he is overrated or not. 

If he signs for the Hibber 4 years 58 million, then he instantly becomes overrated.

If he signs for the Larry Sanders 4 years 44 million, then he instantly becomes a bargain.

Somewhere in the middle is the murky gray area.

He turned 24 last week. I challenge you to make a list of how many other big men there are in the NBA under age 25 who are at least 6'11" and have averaged at least 15 points and 9 rebounds the previous 3 years? Add to that his high steals rate for a big (1.2 per) that helps cancels out his poor shot blocking and decent FT shooting (for a center) at 68% (74% in '12) and he is a VERY good offensive player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

"Presence" is a completely immeasurable and subjective attribute.  I could argue that Sully and Humphries have more presence in game situations because they can score inside, but ALSO can step out and hit the 15-17 footers with regularity giving you more versatility within the offense. 

And I don't know how much presence you expect a guy to have when he was the third or fourth best player on a 29 win team that was trying to make the playoffs. They won only 4 more games than the actively tanking Celtics.  Although this isn't all Monroe's fault, his lack of defense, motor and versatility didnt help at all either.

Sully is plenty Bulky, and more versatile. Humphries is MUCH more active and athletic on both sides of the ball, which cancels out any advantage that Monroe's extra 15lbs gives him.  Olynyk is taller and more of a skills based player.  Oh and thank you for bringing up FAV.  You are right, he probably will be as good or better than Monroe or at least more well-rounded. So thats just one more reason to NOT acquire him. Especially if you are giving up good assets and paying him $14, $15 mil a year or more.

He is the PF/C version of Jeff Green, a one (maybe two) trick pony with questionable competitiveness. Do we really want a team made up of guys like that? I don't.

This venom directed at Monroe is completely unjustified. 

He is not Jeff Green in terms of Jeff having a 31 point game one night and an 8 point game the next. He also REBOUNDS, aggressively. Jeff floats around. He is Jeff Green in that he is ideally your 2nd-3rd scoring option and 3rd-4th best player. 

At 4 years 48-52 million for his age 24-27 seasons I would prefer Monroe to Rondo for his age 28-32 seasons in terms of overall value provided. Rondo will have one season at 13 million and will probably be worth that. Then 3 seasons, even if he takes a "discount" to 5 years 80 million, where he will struggle to be worth the 15-16 million a year he'd be paid. Then Monroe will be a free agent we can walk from or trade at the deadline his 4th year where Rondo will make 16-17 million for the seasons he turns 33 and 34.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Oh I did your homework for you LP.

DeMarcus Cousins is the only other player in the NBA to be 6'11" or taller and age 25 and under to average 15+ points and 9+ rebounds each of the last three seasons.

Love and Blake also did it of course, they are a year older than Monroe, but they are closer to 6'9" than their listed 6'10".

Ibaka was at 8.8 rebounds this year, is 6'10" and this was his first season over 15 points. Anthony Davis made his debut in the 20/10 club in his age 21 season and will easily exceed 15 and 9 for the next two. 

Obviously you want any of those players, even the troubled Cousins who hardly sets the world on fire defensively, over Monroe. But that is the company he keeps. Jeff Green just completed his age 27 season. How many players in his age range of say age 24-31 can boast to have had 4 seasons averaging over 13 points and 4.5 rebounds at either forward position in their career? I'd say a LOT more than the 1-3 guys in Monroe's group. Guys like Thad Young do what Green does with more aggression on the boards and better defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Monroe is a lot like Al Jefferson. 

He will never be as skilled a post man on offensive, nobody is like Al anymore these days, but he is an offensively gifted big with prototypical center size and a 'presence' that Olynyk and Sully do not have.

For all the talk of how defensively we couldn't protect the rim last year, and the fact that Monroe will not help tremendously in that area (but he will help, make that clear), it was SCORING that was the bigger problem. Monroe could show up, play 32-34 minutes at center and score 15-17 points and provide 9-10 boards. He is still improving as player and needs a relocation after Drummond stole his thunder in Motown.

Fav, a guy ranked 31st in all NBA players in limited sample size in rim defense can back him up for 10-12 mins of solid picks and hard fouls, and Olynyk can squeeze in 4-6 minutes. Sully (30 mins) and Oly (18) at PF would provide a ton of points there. 20/12 from Monroe and Fav and 25/15 from Sully/Oly is nothing to be down on, even if the defense will be a work in progress. Getting halfway to 90 points from 2 of your 5 positions is a win anyday in my book. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If this team moves on from Rondo they could hardly do worse than dumping Wallace for Jennings, seeing if Stevens youthful enthusiasm can carve out a perfect role for him, still only 24 years old, the way he did Jordan Crawford and then add Monroe, age 24, to recent 1st rd picks in the frontcourt ages 23 and 22.

so many here would trade Rondo for LA's 7th pick or the Kings 8th pick, well Vonleh and Gordon could bothbe gone by 7. If they are, when it comes to bigs, I would rather have Monroe than Randle, Saric, Payne, Nurkic and Porzingas.

Randle - A slightly undersized PF in Randle with a bad body, no left hand and a ceiling (in the opinion of myself and many) of a 14-17 point 7-9 rebound guy, if he works his butt off in the next 2 years he could get there by 2016-17. Monroe is better than that NOW. 

Saric - More SF, a skilled Hedo Turkoglu type player who has to prove he can shoot and play NBA defense and like Randle will need to work his butt off for 2 years to get to probably a prime of Gordon Hayward stats (16p-5r-5a 43/36/81 %'s)

Payne - Only 1 year younger than Monroe NOW and couldn't average 9 rebounds in college despite being a beast who looked like he could overpower every big he was ever on the court with

Nurkic and Porzingas - TONS of upside, would have to wait out 2 years of them getting more polish overseas and then see. 50% of these guys turn into busts. One should be there at 17 anyhow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If this team moves on from Rondo they could hardly do worse than dumping Wallace for Jennings, seeing if Stevens youthful enthusiasm can carve out a perfect role for him, still only 24 years old, the way he did Jordan Crawford and then add Monroe, age 24, to recent 1st rd picks in the frontcourt ages 23 and 22.

so many here would trade Rondo for LA's 7th pick or the Kings 8th pick, well Vonleh and Gordon could bothbe gone by 7. If they are, when it comes to bigs, I would rather have Monroe than Randle, Saric, Payne, Nurkic and Porzingas.

Randle - A slightly undersized PF in Randle with a bad body, no left hand and a ceiling (in the opinion of myself and many) of a 14-17 point 7-9 rebound guy, if he works his butt off in the next 2 years he could get there by 2016-17. Monroe is better than that NOW. 

Saric - More SF, a skilled Hedo Turkoglu type player who has to prove he can shoot and play NBA defense and like Randle will need to work his butt off for 2 years to get to probably a prime of Gordon Hayward stats (16p-5r-5a 43/36/81 %'s)

Payne - Only 1 year younger than Monroe NOW and couldn't average 9 rebounds in college despite being a beast who looked like he could overpower every big he was ever on the court with

Nurkic and Porzingas - TONS of upside, would have to wait out 2 years of them getting more polish overseas and then see. 50% of these guys turn into busts. One should be there at 17 anyhow.

I must agree with you here! Good observation!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Hey rame I said next years first too read child.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

He will never be as skilled a post man on offensive, nobody is like Al anymore these days, but he is an offensively gifted big with prototypical center size and a 'presence' that Olynyk and Sully do not have.

For all the talk of how defensively we couldn't protect the rim last year, and the fact that Monroe will not help tremendously in that area (but he will help, make that clear), it was SCORING that was the bigger problem. Monroe could show up, play 32-34 minutes at center and score 15-17 points and provide 9-10 boards. He is still improving as player and needs a relocation after Drummond stole his thunder in Motown.

Fav, a guy ranked 31st in all NBA players in limited sample size in rim defense can back him up for 10-12 mins of solid picks and hard fouls, and Olynyk can squeeze in 4-6 minutes. Sully (30 mins) and Oly (18) at PF would provide a ton of points there. 20/12 from Monroe and Fav and 25/15 from Sully/Oly is nothing to be down on, even if the defense will be a work in progress. Getting halfway to 90 points from 2 of your 5 positions is a win anyday in my book. 

How is he over rated then?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey rame I said next years first too read child.

Hey child... THEY CAN'T TRADE NEXT YEARS FIRST IF THEY DON'T HAVE ONE THIS YEAR!

And hey, like I said, pretty silly to start an entire thread saying 'this years or next years' when anyone paying attention to the NBA knows they don't have a pick this year, they lost it in dramatic fashion, and the internet is a click away. 

Look these things up. And you call me a child? It takes 45 seconds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How is he over rated then?

Are you reading who is saying what?

I never said he was overrated now, on his rookie contract, it was LP the turd in the punch bowl who is likely not a Celtic fan who said that.

I said Hibbert contract (4/58) = overrated. Larry Sanders contract (4/44) = underrated. 

If you pay him the type of money Big Al, Ibaka, Pekovic, David West and Al Horford signed for (12-13.5 million a year) he is being paid a perfectly acceptable amount.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I must agree with you here! Good observation!

Thanks Mel!

Sections
Shortcuts