Trade involving Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Trade involving Rondo

Let me prefeace by saying every time I propose trading Rondo he starts to play well. So here is a deal that I think we could do if things don't improve by the deadline. It works salary wise.

To the Kings - Rondo,  Melo, Lee

To the Celtics - Cousins, Evans Fredette

The Kings will still have Jason Thompson and TRob and they now have Melo with Rondo running the show.

The Celtics get younger and bigger. Cousins immediately starts at C with KG moving to PF. The starters become AB, Terry, PP, KG and Cousins. The bench is Fredette, Evans, Green, Bass and Collins

I guarantee you this is a better cohesive team, better rebounding, scoring and passing. Rondo has the ball in his hands way too much.

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Trade involving Rondo

While I would do that trade in a heartbeat,  the Kings would not do it.  I really haven't been a supporter of trading Rondo in the past,  but since his defense has tapered off and the only thing on offense he looks for are assists,   I would move him if  we picked up talent,  especially big talent.  Getting Evans is just icing on the cake on the above move.  Jimmy F.  would probably flourish on our team if we had a pt guard,  which would be in Sac.  If there is a way to get Cousins we need to do it now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I just see more people getting involved when Rondo is out. I doubt Ainge will do it but we really don't have many assets that could garner a good frontline player...except Rondo. Bass, Green, Lee or Wilcox aren't getting us what we need in a big.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I just proposed the same trade last night..........we need another scorer...if it takes Rondo to get us one (Cousins), who can also rebound, so be it!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just proposed the same trade last night..........we need another scorer...if it takes Rondo to get us one (Cousins), who can also rebound, so be it!

[/QUOTE]

Not happening this season for economic reasons. 

Rondo will be the starting PG for the east All-Stars this February. You know what that means.

[/QUOTE]

I do................but I'm so frustrated by him......last night he looked like a guy who wanted the game over with, so he could go home and play video games!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I would do that trade in a heartbeat,  the Kings would not do it.  I really haven't been a supporter of trading Rondo in the past,  but since his defense has tapered off and the only thing on offense he looks for are assists,   I would move him if  we picked up talent,  especially big talent.  Getting Evans is just icing on the cake on the above move.  Jimmy F.  would probably flourish on our team if we had a pt guard,  which would be in Sac.  If there is a way to get Cousins we need to do it now.

[/QUOTE]

Cousins and Tyreke Evans for Rondo?  Yeah, I would do that trade in a heartbeat, but Sacramento wouldn't.  Lee has NO value whatsoever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

BLB, your trade is intrigueing and all those players have upside.  One you didn't mention that can and will have an impact on this Celtic roster whether starting or off the bench is Sully.  Cousins would immediately start, Fredette is getting up to speed with the faster pace NBA but will always just be a shooter (yes there is a place for just shooters in the NBA game).  But if you think Rondo holds onto the ball to much, consider T Evans a black hole once the ball is in his hands.  Another player with great ability but not a team player and that is the Kings problem>  A lot of young talent that are a bunch of indidviduals that are ME first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

am I the only one who thinks Doc will NEVER trade Rondo?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I guess I can live with the "trade Rondo" posts as long as it's understood that he is not going to be traded this year, unless for some reason he does something really dumb and gets suspended for multiple games again. Otherwise he is here. 

But if it's entertaining to have a complete fantasy thread on trading him, then sure, go ahead. He does have tradeable contract. 

p.s. Bird Bias Lewis when Pierce is playing like he is now it's not Rondo's job to pass it to some schmo who can't shoot in order to spread the ball around. It's his job to get it to Pierce so he can put it in the hole. It wasn't Rondo's fault that "The Jet" was grounded with a 1 for 15 game. 

One game before your post Rondo scored almost 30 points and clocked in eight assists. 

Plus as you'll recall he plays very well with Bradley. Here's a wild idea: how about waiting until Bradley comes back. Then have another look. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

R U kidding me?  Danny would trade Rondo straight up for Cousins in a second.  Anybody who wouldn't do that trade is crazy.  Cousins is a rare franchise making center.  Rondo is easily replaceable, in fact, Bradley could step in and do a respectable job.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Fierce. You can't possibly be serious...Lee for Cousins?  A struggling, second string SG with declining productivity for a starting center, (a looney bin, yes) with unlimited upside potential in his second season with 18PPG and 11RPG !!!!

This board typically WAY over-values our players, but Fierce, my man, please tell me you are joking or I will lose all respect for your basketball acumen. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Cousins is trouble with a capital T.  Both the NBA and the Kings have suspended him for insubordination and disrespectful conduct.  He also doesn't get along well with his teammates. Why would the Celtics want someone like him on the team? It's not all about basketball.  Players represent the organization and the community. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R U kidding me?  Danny would trade Rondo straight up for Cousins in a second.  Anybody who wouldn't do that trade is crazy.  Cousins is a rare franchise making center.  Rondo is easily replaceable, in fact, Bradley could step in and do a respectable job.

[/QUOTE]

Lee for Cousins.

Rondo will not be traded this season.

[/QUOTE]

LEE FOR COUSINS STRAIGHT UP???????????

OMG MY STOMACH HURTS FROM LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Here's my concern about Rondo, who I believe is the best pure point guard in the league and no one runs a half court offense as brilliantly as he does....at times - most of the time, but his attitude is questionable - not interms of work ethic, but, rather, in general life outlook.  He is moody and I do question how truly popular he is with other players on the team.  I also think he will be a nightmare to deal with in the next contract negotiation.  How long is that away?  3 years?  With that chip he has on his shoulder there is no way he doesn't demand a max contract and I don't believe anyone on this board is comfortable with him and a max length/money contract.  I also believe his value is at an all-time high now.  I also believe his career will not be all that long.  He's not a big guy and he plays very hard.  That's going to start to take its toll sooner than later.  My 2 cents.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lee for Cousins.

Rondo will not be traded this season.

[/QUOTE]

LEE FOR COUSINS STRAIGHT UP???????????

OMG MY STOMACH HURTS FROM LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Here's my concern about Rondo, who I believe is the best pure point guard in the league and no one runs a half court offense as brilliantly as he does....at times - most of the time, but his attitude is questionable - not interms of work ethic, but, rather, in general life outlook.  He is moody and I do question how truly popular he is with other players on the team.  I also think he will be a nightmare to deal with in the next contract negotiation.  How long is that away?  3 years?  With that chip he has on his shoulder there is no way he doesn't demand a max contract and I don't believe anyone on this board is comfortable with him and a max length/money contract.  I also believe his value is at an all-time high now.  I also believe his career will not be all that long.  He's not a big guy and he plays very hard.  That's going to start to take its toll sooner than later.  My 2 cents.

[/QUOTE]
    ....and I'm sorry to say this, but the Celtics are in decline.  At this point, they are not 3 years away from their next title - if KG's game drifts any further from the paint, by the 3rd year of this deal he'll be playing from the press box.  Rondo will be 30 in 3 years and looking for a max length contract.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts