Trade is our way back in18 months

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Trade is our way back in18 months

Rondo at the 1 with Sullinger , Fav , and KO rotating at the 4 &5, with Crawford and Bradley rotating at the 2 and Green at the 3, this team would be competative within a year.  And if by TRADE we could move other players and draft choices for a good player or two, we could be a threat witin 12 to 18 months.  I do not think we are going to draft high enough to get the franchise players in this next draft.  Unless we move up by combining draft choices.   We should be careful about trading our good players (Rondo, Sullinger, Fav, KO, Green, and Crawford) they all have the skills or upside to be ready in 18 months.  Could Wallace, Hump and Lee, plus a couple of #1 picks , plus the trade exception, get us a top player?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Trade is our way back in18 months

The Celts will start contending next year.  Clearly, you can't start contending in one year.  But they will start tasting the playoffs and building hunger starting next year.  And they will not trade their draft picks.  While they build up the hunger in the team, they will drafting with their multiple picks.  That is how I see it right now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celts will start contending next year.  Clearly, you can't start contending in one year.  But they will start tasting the playoffs and building hunger starting next year.  And they will not trade their draft picks.  While they build up the hunger in the team, they will drafting with their multiple picks.  That is how I see it right now.

[/QUOTE]

Your take is as good as anybody's , I just wonder if our picks will be high enough to get the type player we need.  We will see, thanks for the intelligent reply.   A couple of #1 picks combined with Wallace and the trade exception could produce a top player if we were lucky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, but what good player or two are you talking about?

It's easy to say get a good player or two, but it's not like the other NBA teams are in the business of helping the Celts become contenders again.W

Getting KG and Ray through trades would not have happened if the Celts didn't give up multiple lottery picks.

It was Ray for the #5 pick in 2007.

KG was acquired for Big Al and the #6 and #28 pick in the 2009 Draft.

We're not going to get good players if we only offer garbage.

[/QUOTE]
    Say, Wallace and Hump,plus a couple of #1 picks , plus the trade exception, and if a disgruntled top player were available , we might just get lucky.  Of course I agree with you , it most likely is not happening.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

The only problem is this is not a championship team.  Do you want to be stuck in mediocrity?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo at the 1 with Sullinger , Fav , and KO rotating at the 4 &5, with Crawford and Bradley rotating at the 2 and Green at the 3, this team would be competative within a year.  And if by TRADE we could move other players and draft choices for a good player or two, we could be a threat witin 12 to 18 months.  I do not think we are going to draft high enough to get the franchise players in this next draft.  Unless we move up by combining draft choices.   We should be careful about trading our good players (Rondo, Sullinger, Fav, KO, Green, and Crawford) they all have the skills or upside to be ready in 18 months.  Could Wallace, Hump and Lee, plus a couple of #1 picks , plus the trade exception, get us a top player?

[/QUOTE]

YEAH! EXCELLENT IDEA! ... keep our good pieces and trade for a top player!!

What a worthless post. Come up with a plan or an idea. Saying that we need to make a move is just so freaking worhtless its infuriating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QOUTE/]

[QUOTE/]

"build up the hunger in the team"? there is no literal meaning there, it's nothing more than fluffy feel good rhetoric. the team is different every year. either you have the talent to win or you don't. being the best of the worst and winning an 8th seed for every year doesn't change the fact that the team doesn't have the talent to achieve the ultimate goal, a championship. 

having a losing season this year won't effect next years team should boston add elite talent via draft, free agency, or trade. they can go 0-82 this year, but if they sign lebron in the offseason they will immediately be a contender. you need talent, not feel good phrases and superstition.

seeing as boston doesn't attract top FA's, and the fact that you've got to give talent to receive it in a trade, the most logical way to add top talent is the draft... just like the spurs.

[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon!  That is a good line.

Let me elaborate.  It is very rare that a team wins it all in one shot.  Sometimes they need to be beaten a couple of times to build up the hunger.  Case in point: 1985 Lakers, Detroit Pistons Bad Boys, Michael and Scottie Bulls and the Pacers this year.  The Pacers should give Miami a real run for their money this year.

I think that this is an important element in winning.  It does not dilute your talent argument.  But you might have noticed that a lot of posters here have claimed that losing fosters losing.  I am just rewording it to "build up the winning hunger in the team."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only problem is this is not a championship team.  Do you want to be stuck in mediocrity?

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.  Bingo.  There is a big difference from pulling yourself up from the dregs to become a mediocre team.  That can happen in a year or so.  Maybe make the playoffs, maybe even win a series or two.  

But it typically takes more time to elevate from medicracy (where many teams are stuck forever) to Championship caliber.  IMO, it will take this team at least 3 more years to reach that level, assuming we don't make any boneheaded trades and pick busts in the near-term drafts.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A top 4 seed isn't really mediocrity, it is on the crusp. To become a championship team they need Green to be a 16 PPG player, KO to develop to a Green like almost all star level, develop a center, and find an another all star. They have he picks year to really go for those last two and we can only hope Green becomes constitant and KO develops.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they wont be getting and star players out of the draft thats for sure. the celtics have to either come up with a steal of a trade or sign a star free agent. otherwise we are looking at more of the post bird years up until the big three came along. why they are trying to win so badly is beyond me. they are going to get swept in the first round and end up with a stiff draft pick. the knicks are tanking because they realize you need star players like the first couple of guys in next years draft to win championships. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

A top 4 seed isn't really mediocrity, it is on the crusp. To become a championship team they need Green to be a 16 PPG player, KO to develop to a Green like almost all star level, develop a center, and find an another all star. They have he picks year to really go for those last two and we can only hope Green becomes constitant and KO develops.

Think about it, championship teams like Miami, OKC, Indiana, and San Antonio have legit superstars and All-Stars.

Right now Jeff Green is already a 16 ppg player and the Celts are not going to make the playoffs.

KO will most likely become an All-Star someday.

But the Celts are not going to become contenders if the two best players are Uncle Jeff and Olynyk.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize OKC and Indiana won Championships I do have to put the pipe down I guess I must have missed some years Fierce

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts