TRADE: J O'N, Bradley, Harangody and a 1st to IND for Posey and Hansbrough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

TRADE: J O'N, Bradley, Harangody and a 1st to IND for Posey and Hansbrough

Trading J O'N, Bradley and Harangody will not affect team chemistry.  Posey will fit as a defensive 3 who can hit the 3 and Hansbrough will fit as another big who is a tireless worker.

J O'N wants to return to Indiana, IND doesn't want Posey, so it would really be a Bradley, Harangody (poor man's Hansbrough) and a 1st for Hansbrough.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4kwye3e

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: TRADE: J O'N, Bradley, Harangody and a 1st to IND for Posey and Hansbrough

Make it happen Danny Boy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd do that trade

Then we could maybe do a sign and trade with Baby this offseason b/c Hansbrough and him are the same type of player... very good backups, slightly undersized and not quite good enough to be 30+ minute starters...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to TRADE: J O'N, Bradley, Harangody and a 1st to IND for Posey and Hansbrough:
    [QUOTE]Trading J O'N, Bradley and Harangody will not affect team chemistry.  Posey will fit as a defensive 3 who can hit the 3 and Hansbrough will fit as another big who is a tireless worker. J O'N wants to return to Indiana, IND doesn't want Posey, so it would really be a Bradley, Harangody (poor man's Hansbrough) and a 1st for Hansbrough. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4kwye3e Thoughts?
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

We definitely could use another small forward.  I would like to see Posey playing for the Celtics again.  He was one of my favorite players when he was a member of the Celtics.  Even though he is not the same player he once was, he still could contribute and help this team.  Jon may not be able to play for the remainder of the season, if ever again.   He may even decide to retire this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Only the Celtics will benefit from this trade. 

The Pacers are a playoff team right now and Hansbrough is part of the reason why the Pacers are in that position. I don't think this trade will happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Take Hansbrough out of the trade and take our 1st out or take Harangody out and it'd be doable.  I don't think Indiana trades Hansbrough right now, but they'd probably love to get something for Posey.  (Ditto for TJ Ford).

How long does Posey have left on his contract?  1 year after this one?  That would fit with all the 2 year contracts and the Celtics window.  He's not the Posey he once was, but with Daniels out he'd have a role.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Yeah, let's trade for an overpaid stiff who has been run out of TWO cities already with his diminished skills [which were never considerable in the first place] and bloated contract with 2 years left, What can he contribute now? Hugging KG before games? Chasing younger, quicker players around the court? You are NOT going to trade anyone [JON] who will be out for the NEXT TWO MONTHS! You are not going to be able to trade a low level 1st rounder for a quality, proven player. Quit dreaming. Posey and Sheed are not walking through that door...thank goodness!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm not sure what the Pacers get from this, but maybe they realize that they're not real contenders and they'd do it to get Harangody (a poor man's Hansbrough), Bradley, and the 1st-rounder for the future.

Plus, Posey has apparently fallen off (although this should also raise alarms for Celtics fans)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Creative idea but from what I've seen this year I don't think we want Posey filling in that critical spot.  Jermaine's knee is reportedly bone-on-bone if the team physician was quoted correctly; I doubt there are any takers.

I doubt they would let Hansbrough go but we would surely take him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Sure, why not trade Wafer for Carmelo Anthony, or Dwayne Wade? Celtic fans are the silliest when it comes to making sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

this is a trade that actually makes SENSE! tyler fits the lunch pail approach.. put him with perk and garnett and u have something... posey will be an upgrade over quis hate to say it.. but for our team, he will

Sections
Shortcuts