Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

Tayshaun Prince will be a good addition if the Celtics can convince Detroit to take JO, Daniels, and Bradley. 

HAHAHA!!!

That trade works, by the way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Prince would be a great addition also. I haven't heard of Prince being on the trade block though. Maybe you've heard something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Prince over Posey!!! LMAO! Are you guys serious?? He cannot stay healthy, he has back problems and hasn't done anything in 3 years. C'mon guys, Posey is on a young team and doesn't fit with that team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]Prince over Posey!!! LMAO! Are you guys serious?? He cannot stay healthy, he has back problems and hasn't done anything in 3 years. C'mon guys, Posey is on a young team and doesn't fit with that team.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

There must be really something wrong with your head. 

Did you know that Prince played all 82 games from 2003-2009?

Even this season Prince hasn't missed a single game.

This season he's averaging 14.1 ppg and 4.9 rpg while shooting 49% from 2pt land and 46% from beyond the arc.

Do research first before you do some LMAO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

He's playing on a poor team and you're posting his numbers like he's an All Star. He's not the same player you're thinking he was 5 years ago.

Do you realize that he makes $11M PER...Eleven Million!!!!!  You must be nuts and the C's DEFINATELY would have to tear down the team to get him.

Give me someone realistic. We call all throw names out there but at least Posey is doable. Prince for $11M...wow! You thought Mikki Moore was a bad suggestion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]He's playing on a poor team and you're posting his numbers like he's an All Star. He's not the same player you're thinking he was 5 years ago. Do you realize that he makes $11M PER...Eleven Million!!!!!  You must be nuts and the C's DEFINATELY would have to tear down the team to get him. Give me someone realistic. We call all throw names out there but at least Posey is doable. Prince for $11M...wow! You thought Mikki Moore was a bad suggestion.

I'm not talking about his numbers when I say there's something wrong with your head. You said Prince can't stay healthy, how about 6 years of not missing a single regular season game not healthy?

I already proposed a trade, Avery Bradley for Courtney Lee. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Tayshaun Prince will be a good addition if the Celtics can convince Detroit to take JO, Daniels, and Bradley.  HAHAHA!!! That trade works, by the way.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Read, Bias. Read!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You can't get Bradley for Lee?? Do you think teams are stupid and everyone wants to help the C's. What has Bradley done for Houston to give up Lee?

There are only 3 people that the C's can trade and get any value in return. Bradley, Luke or Erden would be throw-ins and this point. Hopefully we can agree on this.

JON
    Daniels
    BBD

Those are the only people I see that are worth anything to another team and we could part with and still be in title contention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]You can't get Bradley for Lee?? Do you think teams are stupid and everyone wants to help the C's. What has Bradley done for Houston to give up Lee? There are only 3 people that the C's can trade and get any value in return. Bradley, Luke or Erden would be throw-ins and this point. Hopefully we can agree on this. JON Daniels BBD Those are the only people I see that are worth anything to another team and we could part with and still be in title contention.

That's because you didn't do research again. The Rockets recently acquired a very talented but problematic SG in Terrence Williams. Besides Battier and Kevin Martin the Rockets have Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, and Terrence Williams on the bench. One of them is expendable. 

The Rockets main interest will not be Avery Bradley, they will be more interested with the 1st round Draft pick the Celtics are willing to include if they agree to the deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Read, Bias. Read!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Um, do you realize that's 3 players for one AND $2M in lux tax because we're bringing back $11M and sending $9M??  I'm glad you're spending Wyc's money. Again, you would make a poor GM and be fired making this deal.

Try another trade

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

BBD is untouchable..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Um, do you realize that's 3 players for one AND $2M in lux tax because we're bringing back $11M and sending $9M??  I'm glad you're spending Wyc's money. Again, you would make a poor GM and be fired making this deal. Try another trade

What makes a poor GM is signing Mikki Moore when nobody else wants him.

What makes a poor GM is trading JO and Marquis for a washed up James Posey.

What makes a poor GM is trading Glen Davis because he might leave at the end of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]My first choice would be Tayshaun Prince. He has a bigger contract to absorb than Posey but has alot more left in the tank. He also has big game experience that Gerald Wallace lacks.
    Posted by townie68[/QUOTE]

Read, Bias. Read!

In case you didn't know the Tayshaun Prince deal WAS NOT MY IDEA! I just agreed with the idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is what a poor GM usually does.

"I would look to move BBD by the deadline."

Re: The future

posted at 12/13/2010 2:07 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/21/2010
    I'm not so sure BBD will resign with the C's. He's looking for his payday and with KG playing well with 2 more years. BBD probably doesn't ever see starting or getting big money behind KG.

I would wait to see how Perk returns and if Sheed was still out there I would look to move BBD by the deadline. I think Ainge wants BBD but no way can he pay BBD starter money and both may know this. It would break up a good core but it's better than letting BBD just walk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : What makes a poor GM is signing Mikki Moore when nobody else wants him. What makes a poor GM is trading JO and Marquis for a washed up James Posey. What makes a poor GM is trading Glen Davis because he might leave at the end of the season.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No, a good GM is looking at the waiver wire to see who may be available if we lose another big man.

A good GM knows that Posey is clutch in playoff time and doesn't get rattled. Daniels hasn't ever been in that position.

A good GM is going to offer BBD a good contract with the caveat that he knows he's not starting over KG. Take it or leave it.

Those have been my stances for 4 weeks. Now you think trading for Prince at $11M is a good idea. Good luck getting that approved by the owner. Give it up, all I'm doing is thinking "worse case scenarios" and "planning ahead", unlike you who doesn't want to do anything because we're on a 13 game win streak. Everything can change wilth a twisted ankle, pulled hammy or broken wrist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Read, Bias. Read! In case you didn't know the Tayshaun Prince deal WAS NOT MY IDEA! I just agreed with the idea.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You would co-sign on this deal and you would be fired, plain and simple. Just hope Prince's back doesn't go out or you're looking at $11M sitting on the bench. Posey and his contract and his defense over Prince and his contract any day of the week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Put the Bong down...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]Put the Bong down...  
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Must be some powerful ISH!!!

Surprised

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah P34 put down the bong. Prince for $11M...crack is whack, put down the pipe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : No, a good GM is looking at the waiver wire to see who may be available if we lose another big man. There are no good big men on the waiver wire that is why we don't trade JO for Posey.   A good GM knows that Posey is clutch in playoff time and doesn't get rattled. Daniels hasn't ever been in that position. Daniels was in that postion with the Mavs against the Heat a few years ago. A good GM is going to offer BBD a good contract with the caveat that he knows he's not starting over KG. Take it or leave it. Those have been my stances for 4 weeks. Now you think trading for Prince at $11M is a good idea. Good luck getting that approved by the owner. Give it up, all I'm doing is thinking "worse case scenarios" and "planning ahead", unlike you who doesn't want to do anything because we're on a 13 game win streak. Everything can change wilth a twisted ankle, pulled hammy or broken wrist.

read bold above.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah that's why no one offered Daniels anything and he came back to the C's on the cheap. Daniels is expendable and all of you know it.

Perk is back practicing with the C's on a limited basis. Let's watch how fast JON gets healthy now. LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I'd personally like to trade Baby and Jermaine (or someone else) for a young athletic PF who can rebound and play D.  I appreciate Baby's shooting and charges taken , but I just don't think he fits here longterm.  There's enough shooters on the team (especialyl when West comes back) that the PF position does not need to be a high scoring position, especially on the 2nd unit.  What they need is a defensive  presence inside (especially til Perk gets back) and a rebounder (unless you think Robin and West are 10RPG guards ?).

My main issues with Davis:
    1)           He's frequently played as a center but tall centers go right over the top of him inside.  If he can't get body position on the opposing center it's a guaranteed basket... even if he does get position the taller centers just hookshot or layup over him.  Powe had the same issue here. The team does not need another beefy 'center' so better to go for athletic and quick.

2)           He does not rebound well for his size/position.  He's higher this year but he's never been a particularly good rebounder. Realistically 5 or 6 rebounds per game from your PF or C on a championship team is low. He's basically a bigger Ryan Gomes.... shoots well and has size but doesn't rebound or play D against big guys well enough to be your starting PF.

3)           He's not getting any cheaper. He has a decent contract now but he's not going to ask for more money.  I don't see him as a replacement for Garnett down the line as obviously he doesn't do what Garnett does... not even to a lesser extent (obvisouly not many play as well as Garnett).   If he's not your center (pray) and he's not your PF then what is he?  If you can't answer that question then best to make a change now.  EVENTUALLY, one way or another some team will offer him more money than the Celtics think they should and then they get nothing.

4)           He's far more valuable to other teams than the Celts.  The Celtics do not need scoring from him.  IF he was playing with Rondo all the time then it would be good, but in the 2nd unit with West, Robinson, sometimes Ray, and either Shaq or Semih (2 offensice centers) he really doesn't need to score.  Other teams may see him as a media darling and consistent scorer that warrants big money. Why not take advantage of that ? All this team needs is a budget defender and rebounder from his roster spot.

5) He doesn't fit with your 2 best centers.  That would be Perk and Shaq. Both are big plodding guys that like to get set in a spot on D and defend it.  Baby is basically the same (as evidenced by his charge taking).  He has quick feet but he's not gonna chase down an athletic PF cutting left and right. So basically when he's in with one of those 2 you have 2 guys trying to just stand still underneath.  What would complement the centers is a roving quick PF like Garnett (which obviously works).  I think he complements Semih but Semih isn't going to get minutes with both O'Neals and Perk.

==========================

My ideal would have been someone like Tyrus Thomas who I've been thinking about since he was in Chicago.  He's got issues but he rebounds and he stuffs people.  He's quick enough to run fast breaks and dunk and he's athletic and long enough to guard 7 footers inside.   If he's not available then someone 'like' him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Let's not confuse liking a player with doing what works for the team in the long run. 
    I like Davis.
    I liked Posey. 
    I like Ray even though I would have rather they traded him last season.
    I even liked Toine despite him jacking up pointless 3's left and right.

If it helps the team though you have to do it.  And if you're concerned about hurting Davis' feelings .... do you think he likes being a backup player on the team destined for 15 minutes  when both O' Neals and Perk are back ?  Don't you think he might like to go somewhere he can play 35 min/g and put up numbers and get his big contract ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This is what I've tried to tell a few on this board. I don't think BBD is a liability and is playing well but does Ainge really see him as the replacement for KG? That's the big question and I don't think he is the replacement. We need someone bigger.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here's a trade for you.

Josh Childress & Robin Lopez

for

JON and BBD

The Suns have Gortat now and want to move Childress.

Flame away!!

Sections
Shortcuts