Trade: JON for Blatche

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Trade: JON for Blatche

In Response to Trade: JON for Blatche:
    [QUOTE]Straight up! The Wiz are trying to move Blatche and dump more salary, need a C so they can move McGee to PF. The Wiz can buyout JON to save more money on their cap if they choose too. JON is going to be out of the C's rotation pretty soon so get something for him now. The C's get Blatche, 6'11 PF with SF skills (aka KG). Blatche needs to be around someone like KG for a few years to get serious because he has potential. Now the C's have their backup PF in the event BBD walks. Blatche already has a 5 year deal at $5M per so no need to re-up.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]Actually, the Wizards signed Blatche to a 5-year contract extension last September worth $35M. That's $7M a year not $5M.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Trade: JON for Blatche:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, in a minute.  Give Grunfeld a few shots and he may bite. Other things: (Totally separate from last nights debacle) 1) I've read where the poor offensive rebounding was because the coach values getting back on defense; I gues Harangody didn't get that memo.  Offensive rebounding is about attitude. 2) Still puzzled by Rondo passing up a wide open layup to get an extra assist.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]
    Don't be puzzled about it.  Talented as Rondo is, one of his big limitations is an overriding concern about his stats.  That easily explains his passing up easy shots for assists, and may say something about his absence at the foul iine.  Maybe he's also avoiding contact that could lead to free throws because he's doesn't want to lead the league in missed free throws.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

I don't think he is a good character guy, so I would pass on that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/02/AR2007080201855.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3427007

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Another trade proposal that won't even come close to being a rumor. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: JON for Blatche : Don't be puzzled about it.  Talented as Rondo is, one of his big limitations is an overriding concern about his stats.  That easily explains his passing up easy shots for assists, and may say something about his absence at the foul iine.  Maybe he's also avoiding contact that could lead to free throws because he's doesn't want to lead the league in missed free throws.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

He doesn't pass up a lot of shots for assists - he passes up a lot of shots because he can't shoot and coincidentally as a result of playing with four hall of famers he gets assists. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Some people need to stop trying to look at a player on one team and  thinking that's how he will play on another team. Any guy who has come to the C's falls in line with how the C's play.

I'm not saying it will happen but so how, some way the C's need to move JON or they will be stuck with him and that contract. We don't want that do we?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade: JON for Blatche : Actually, the Wizards signed Blatche to a 5-year contract extension last September worth $35M. That's $7M a year not $5M.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Check ESPN Trade Machine. He's at $5M per year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

if the wizards buy out o'neal can he resign with the celtics for less money if they wanted him back?  he may be needed as a post defender.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: JON for Blatche : He doesn't pass up a lot of shots for assists - he passes up a lot of shots because he can't shoot and coincidentally as a result of playing with four hall of famers he gets assists. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Dudder!!!! I was wondering how long it would take you to crawl out of your hole after the spurs game.. Did you see your shadow, and will we have 6 more weeks of winter?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Yes all day! The kid is young and athletic, can score and rebound, JON is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

In Response to Trade: JON for Blatche:
    [QUOTE]Straight up! The Wiz are trying to move Blatche and dump more salary, need a C so they can move McGee to PF. The Wiz can buyout JON to save more money on their cap if they choose too. JON is going to be out of the C's rotation pretty soon so get something for him now. The C's get Blatche, 6'11 PF with SF skills (aka KG). Blatche needs to be around someone like KG for a few years to get serious because he has potential. Now the C's have their backup PF in the event BBD walks. Blatche already has a 5 year deal at $5M per so no need to re-up.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Blatche is a talented young player. I don't know why Washington would want to trade him for J. O'neal. A buyout could be possible as Bias stated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: JON for Blatche : Check ESPN Trade Machine. He's at $5M per year
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]My source is the Washington Post. Here's the link: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/09/andray-blatche-wizards-agree-t.html. Here's the pertinent excerpt:

The 6-foot-11 Blatche, who signed a five-year deal worth $12.5 million in the summer of 2007, was slated to earn $3.26 million this season and $3.52 million next season. But the deal is structured in a complicated manner that allows the Wizards to give Blatche a salary boost in 2010-11 and 2011-12, using some of their available salary cap space.

The Wizards utilized a seldom-used clause in the collective bargaining agreement that allows teams below the salary cap to restructure existing deals. The Wizards are about $6 million under the cap and gave some good chunks of that money to Blatche, while providing salary cap flexibility through 2015. So, this basically works out to a five-year contract with Blatche expected to earn $35 million between now and the end of this deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: JON for Blatche : Dudder!!!! I was wondering how long it would take you to crawl out of your hole after the spurs game.. Did you see your shadow, and will we have 6 more weeks of winter?
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

Whether I post or not, let me know when I get something wrong or not.......  when I am correct posters/ people / fans don't respond....  I used to get all sorts of crap about Jefferson, West, Gomes, Perk, Green, Greene, Walker, Rondo, and so on... the ones that I still get crap about (an nobody can argue about my other thoughts) is Rondo..... they still have not figured things out about Rondo.... but of course that is not my problem....

I have lived in NE my all whole life and I don't believe in Groundhogs Day (as a matter of act my ex-wifes brother died on Ground Hog's Day 1995 - not  a lot of fun).

What I do believe is that there are not a lot of situations where teams trade away players with lots of players for expiring contracts other than in the case of the Wiz.  They really s uck and have a chance to s uck and be really bad again in order to get a really really good player.

The Wiz s u ck but have two really really good young front court players and debataly the best point guard in the East, so there is no need for them to tade a really good young player.

When all is said and done, the Cs need to determine now best to add 3 premier / all-star players to replace the Big 3 or they are a 20 win team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder and you have determined Blatche is one of those guys?

Sections
Shortcuts