Trade mulligan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Trade mulligan

Boy, I sure wish Ainge would've landed Collison & Harden over Green & Krstic.

I know it's hindsight but those two may have fit in better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: Trade mulligan

Sorry, don't agree. We lament here about the trade. How does OKC now feel with Ibake's 2 and Perkins 0 last night. That is an offensive team who traded for what they thought was a defensive player. It didn't work out for them real well did it? I still think we got the better of the deal going forward. Did Robinson even play? We no Perk didn't down the stretch. I still like the trade and who we got. Green's numbers were better than Harden and I still think Green is the better player. He was averaging more than Harden when he left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Trade mulligan:
    [QUOTE]Boy, I sure wish Ainge would've landed Collison & Harden over Green & Krstic. I know it's hindsight but those two may have fit in better.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I think Harden will be a star, I don't see him going anywhere at any time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"How does OKC now feel with Ibake's 2 and Perkins 0 last night."

That's totally and completely and utterly irrelevant. OKC overpaid Perk and overestimated him a long term contract. And, I'm glad the Celts didn't resign him at anywhere near those dollars. HOWEVER: That doesn't mean Perk wouldn't have helped us here, THIS YEAR, stopping the Miami Heat layup line. 

Having said that, BiasLewis, in Ainge's defense - I know - I don't usually defend him - but in this case I do believe he pushed OKC for Hardin before settling on Green. So, if true, he got that part right. Hardin could have really helped us IMO. Collison I'm not going to give Ainge a hard time about for either, because no one (let's be honest) saw Collison coming. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Trade mulligan:
    [QUOTE]" How does OKC now feel with Ibake's 2 and Perkins 0 last night." That's totally and completely and utterly irrelevant. OKC overpaid Perk and overestimated him a long term contract. And, I'm glad the Celts didn't resign him at anywhere near those dollars. HOWEVER: That doesn't mean Perk wouldn't have helped us here, THIS YEAR, stopping the Miami Heat layup line.  Having said that, BiasLewis, in Ainge's defense - I know - I don't usually defend him - but in this case I do believe he pushed OKC for Hardin before settling on Green. So, if true, he got that part right. Hardin could have really helped us IMO. Collison I'm not going to give Ainge a hard time about for either, because no one (let's be honest) saw Collison coming. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to Perk it has not even been one year since his knee injury, one could easily argue he came back too soon, and then promptly hurt himself again.  With an offseason and probably more therapy and rehab, I think he will be back to his old self.  That said still way overpaid in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Harden, Westbrook and Durant can co-exist and thrive together.  Westbrook if traded for a real point guard will allow Harden to be the player he can be.  I think it is almost a certainty they move Westbrook who was exposed as a two guard and not a point guard.  He can really play but he will not help that team get over the hump and the Thunder know it.  Paul for Westbrook sounds like a very good trade for them.  Salary wise I don't know how they do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I meant to say Harden, Westbrook and Durant cannot co-exist together.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok so if Ainge wanted Harden why did he cave and settle on Green?? Was he running out of time? Did he just want to dump Perk?

Why not hold out or do nothing at that point?

I like Green and think he'll be better as a starter. Harden is a natural scorer and a good passer. He would've been good backing up RA or even Rondo in a pinch.

They held out on Harden for a reason.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Harden, Westbrook and Durant can co-exist and thrive together.  Westbrook if traded for a real point guard will allow Harden to be the player he can be.  I think it is almost a certainty they move Westbrook who was exposed as a two guard and not a point guard.  He can really play but he will not help that team get over the hump and the Thunder know it.  Paul for Westbrook sounds like a very good trade for them.  Salary wise I don't know how they do it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

They mentioned OKC trading Westbrook for Paul several times on espn.  I am not sure that it will happen, but they would be a much better team with Paul instead of Westbrook. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would expect Westbrook for Tony Parker first since Presti has ties to SA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Collison made 13.5 million, wasn't possible $ wise, I have said that SEVERAL times now.

Harden splitting time at SG w/ Ray would have made that position better. But he is an average defender who is 6'5" so he'd have had no shot at guarding LBJ/Deng/Melo like Green can and will in the future.

I'd prob rather have Green and Delonte than Harden and unknown player X we'd still have needed to backup Pierce

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]" How does OKC now feel with Ibake's 2 and Perkins 0 last night." That's totally and completely and utterly irrelevant. OKC overpaid Perk and overestimated him a long term contract. And, I'm glad the Celts didn't resign him at anywhere near those dollars. HOWEVER: That doesn't mean Perk wouldn't have helped us here, THIS YEAR, stopping the Miami Heat layup line.  Having said that, BiasLewis, in Ainge's defense - I know - I don't usually defend him - but in this case I do believe he pushed OKC for Hardin before settling on Green. So, if true, he got that part right. Hardin could have really helped us IMO. Collison I'm not going to give Ainge a hard time about for either, because no one (let's be honest) saw Collison coming. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

What is irrelevant to the conversation is those like you who still don't get we would not have beaten Miami with him anyway. Who would have backed up Paul with our constituted line-up with no trade. We got something for him. More than something in my opinion. Amazing you want to bash Jeff Green when he averaged more than Harden before the trade. Harden shows me nothing Green can't do with a training camp or Doc allowing him to flourish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]That doesn't mean Perk wouldn't have helped us here, THIS YEAR, stopping the Miami Heat layup line. Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe that Perk who is always the last guy back on defense in transition and giving up layup after layup and dunk after dunk against Chandler, Dirk, Barea, Marion and even Kidd, would help us against LeBron and Wade?
    If this is the case than there is no need to discuss that topic any further.

Sections
Shortcuts