trade offer for rondo? W T F?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

trade offer for rondo? W T F?

that's crap!

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/07/14/yet-another-possibly-serious-rajon-rondo-trade-rumor/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: trade offer for rondo? W T F?

In response to raider3524's comment:

Shhhhhhh! We don't want all the members of the RR Brotherhood to start the knashing of teeth so soon. Lets see........Monroe or Drummond plus Brandon Knight, eh Fierce? How's it work? Aaaaaannnnddd, there off!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I would tell J. Dumars " dreams are free" I am guessing it will take a young player, 2014 draft pick, and the shedding of GW's contract to get RR! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Shhhhhhh! We don't want all the members of the RR Brotherhood to start the knashing of teeth so soon. Lets see........Monroe or Drummond plus Brandon Knight, eh Fierce? How's it work? Aaaaaannnnddd, there off!!!

[/QUOTE]

oh you know it....lol..you are good...let's throw this into the fire...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22759007/report-pistons-want-rondo-but-cant-acquire-him-without-trading-drummond

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

both links refer to boston globe as source. first link says today's globe. where? i don't see it. 

bp

must be in 99 cents full access edition. i'll pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Even I, a Rondo critic, think that linked "offer" rumor is an insult.

However, I would not hesitate to trade Rondo for Drummond or Monroe straight up.

Preferably Rondo, Wallace (or Humphries) and Bogans and two second rounder for Drummand, Knight and expiring   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I hope the Pistons enjoy the 8th seed because that's where they are heading without Rondo.  This offer is an insult to DA's intelligence.  

I was thinking it would be alright if we got Monroe, but now F him too!  He's got a boring, albeit efficient, offensive game and plays no D.  

Dumars won't give up Caldwell Pope, they said they won't take on any of our other contracts, and Drummond is "untouchable"! So screw! We don't need anything else you got Detroit!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

However, I would not hesitate to trade Rondo for Drummond or Monroe straight up.

Preferably Rondo, Wallace (or Humphries) and Bogans and two second rounder for Drummand, Knight and expiring   

WOW. Thank you Eldunker, a realistic valuation for Rondo, except Detroit needs to send us the two secound rounders :)

And to the OP...  zzzzzz ... this is old news. Unless its Woj reporting the rumor, its not real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

yeah...celtics should ask what they want..if the pistons say no...move along..not our lost...people think we are just going to give away rondo? they are F'n crazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

best thing to do, play nicey nice like stevens is, get him better, showcase him, then trade him when he has demonstrable value

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

WOW. Thank you Eldunker, a realistic valuation for Rondo, except Detroit needs to send us the two secound rounders :)

And to the OP...  zzzzzz ... this is old news. Unless its Woj reporting the rumor, its not real.

[/QUOTE]

well i just posted the link.....if you think it's zzzzz who cares...somthing to talk about?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dummars was high when he made that offer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I've said all along I'd take Monroe AND Knight for Rondo.

they have the cap space now to take on the $5M salary difference.

send them Melo, Randolph of White if they want anything more.

after looking at Detroits roster and salary's I think I'd prefer to get Drummond, Knight and take back Villanuava's expriing $8M deal.

sending them ROndo, Melo and either Randolph of White.

lets Dumars chew on that for a bit. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

the brotherhood....hahahaaa

good one, but drummond in a deal?  we need a center and...

which do you value most:  the excellent floor general or the agile (and strong) center?  you really need both unless you have LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Ray Allen

lemme ask this:  if Rondo shows his value like acie suggests, what kind of gnashing of teeth happens when the trade approaches?

btw, when is he actually set to return?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

best thing to do, play nicey nice like stevens is, get him better, showcase him, then trade him when he has demonstrable value

ACIE, malcontent recovering ACL. You mean "IF" he has demonstrable value, right? Rolling the dice and allowing for contamination/confrontation, etc. of/with the next generation. I'm glad it ain't my decision to make for sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

well i just posted the link.....if you think it's zzzzz who cares...somthing to talk about?

That's until ZZZZZZZZZZ turns into OMG!!! NOOOOO!!!! OMG!!!!! right R9R??? Gotta poke atcha man! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

STUCKEY+MONROE= RONDO.

Even as a rondo supporter thats a deal I would do. I would think that detroit would want to also, both players are on the last year of their respective deals and I doubt they want to pay monroe the type of deal hes gonna get when they already have drummond and josh smith to play the  4 and 5.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:
    They have to say he's a good guy and blah, blah, blah about him to keep his value to other teams as high as possible...

[/QUOTE]

Bottom line.... Better him/them than us.

And the best of luck to all.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If peeps on this board are going to go nuts every time a sketchy offer for Rondo is sketchily reported, it's going to be a long, bland summer in here...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

ACIE, malcontent recovering ACL. You mean "IF" he has demonstrable value, right? Rolling the dice and allowing for contamination/confrontation, etc. of/with the next generation. I'm glad it ain't my decision to make for sure.

well, you do have a point.  but the offer in the headline of this link was weak. 

on the other hand, rondo pocketing 25 million the next two years is worse than gerald wallace's contract by a country mile.

keep working the trade angles but should we just give him away for almost nothing?  hard to say

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts