Trade Paul Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Trade Paul Pierce

I've read everyone's suggestions on how to improve the Green and enjoyed the varrying opinions but over the last week nobody has mentioned about trading Pierce. I mean just watching Lebron and ALL the stars hijacking the NBA to trade them to only wherever they want to go it is obvious that A. the NBA has nomore loyalty B. and if a team somehow still shows loyalty it gets you absolutely nowhere. So why is Pierce off limits? 100 out of 100 times I'd keep KG and Allen for next year instead of Pierce.KG is 6'11" and still is intense as anyone and Allen will be able to shoot until he's 60. Pierce on the other hand is slowing down and his game is predicated on taking the ball to the hoop. He'll without a doubt lose a big step in the next year meaning his scoring will go down,his defense will be worse and he ultimately will not be worth the money anymore. I'd trade Pierce in a second.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Trade Paul Pierce

In Response to Trade Paul Pierce:
    [QUOTE]I've read everyone's suggestions on how to improve the Green and enjoyed the varrying opinions but over the last week nobody has mentioned about trading Pierce. I mean just watching Lebron and ALL the stars hijacking the NBA to trade them to only wherever they want to go it is obvious that A. the NBA has nomore loyalty B. and if a team somehow still shows loyalty it gets you absolutely nowhere. So why is Pierce off limits? 100 out of 100 times I'd keep KG and Allen for next year instead of Pierce.KG is 6'11" and still is intense as anyone and Allen will be able to shoot until he's 60. Pierce on the other hand is slowing down and his game is predicated on taking the ball to the hoop. He'll without a doubt lose a big step in the next year meaning his scoring will go down,his defense will be worse and he ultimately will not be worth the money anymore. I'd trade Pierce in a second.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]
    Pierce for Big Al. Center position solved for C's and Jazz get a go to vet to mix w/ those earnest pups..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

And just why would Memphis trade Gay (age 25) for Pierce (age 34)?  Memphis gets very little cap relief since Gay makes just a tad more per year than Pierce but, RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE REST OF THEIR CAREERS, Gay is better, oh, AND YOUNGER.

And for that matter, why would we want Pau Gasol, who is owed $56 million over the next 3 years AND has diminished skills?

The Lakers, looking to dump salary, would do that trade in a heartbeat but I don't see where it benefits the Celtics.

With Pierce slowing down and on the books for 3 years, I doubt anyone is going to look to trade for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'd take Rudy Gay, but no way would I try to help the lakers...EVER!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Keep Paul Pierce we are still trying to win.  Celtics are not tradeable for equal talent.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pau Gasol is not going to make the Celtics a winner when you trade the leadership of the team.  KG in a trade for DH yes but not for the euro who quit and constantly complains. He is not going to have many more good years anyway.

Pierce for Rudy Gay would make sense but I bet Memphis would not do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

uhm....no!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Paul Pierce:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Paul Pierce : Here's why it makes sense. Last season the Griz were a SF away from advancing to the WCF. Instead of Rudy Gay it was Tony Allen. Sure Rudy Gay is younger, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be better than Paul Pierce in the playoffs. Zach Randolph is already 30 years old, he can't wait for Gay and rest of the Griz core players to mature. The time is now for the Griz because of Randolph's age. Think about it, Pierce is the veteran SF that the Griz need. The Lakers are trying to dump salary. Kobe is already angry that Jimmy just let Odom go for a draft pick. Of course they won't do the KG for Gasol swap if they're in the hunt for DH. But if they are not, then it's better if they get some cap relief because they're going nowhere. Besides, KG will improve the Lakers' interior defense. And remember, Pau Gasol quit on the Lakers last season. Pau Gasol can help the Celtics. If the Celts don't get DH or CP3 next year the Celts will end up having a lot of money with no one to give it to.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm a diehard Celtics fan but even I don't believe Pierce makes the Grizz better than Rudy Gay, regular seaon or playoffs.  Pierce is truly a playoffs-tested veteran but you can't compare them TODAY.  The Grizz were a SF away from the WCF last year because that missing SF, Rudy Gay, was injured and unable to play.  No doubt, Pierce would be a major upgrade from Tony Allen but you won't find too many people who would disagree that Gay is an upgrade over Pierce at this point in their careers.  This trade makes sense ONLY to Celtics fans.

As for Gasol, you say it's a good trade since the Lakers are looking to dump salary.  Why else would the Lakers want a significantly less skilled KG?  Why would the Celtics let the Lakers dump Gasol's salary on them?  I disagree with you - the Lakers DO WANT DH and that is the ONLY REASON they would trade Gasol for KG -- to set themselves up to get DH.  KG's expiring $20+ million comes off the books so it is attractive to many teams now (as an expiring) as well as having it at season's end as it gives that cap space.

If the Celtics were to trade KG for Gasol, the Celtics would NOT have any cap space for the next few years since Gasol is on the books for $56 million over the next 3 seasons.  So we severly limit ourselves in that respect too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

just stop, please

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The only Vet that can score from anywhere and we wanna trade him????????  KG's kness = Done.
    Ray will be come a 3 point shooter off the bench soon... 36??? C'mon guys.

And above all Pierce has 3 years left on his contract and no one will trade for him with that considered. 

I think you keep Pierce tfor the remainder of his contract, and hopefully bring Ray Ray, and KG off the bench next year with team friendly deals.  Both have been paid over the years, and I think they will stay competitive behind young guys to groom. 

It's best for their careers, and for the Celtics to stay competitve and deep. 

Playing KG at the 5 will suck out whatever he has left.  He needs to play 25 minutes max going into next year and beyond if he wants to stay in the league. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Getzo these kidz is crazy!!!  Im with you man.  Pierce is the closest thing to a clutch that we have and they want to trade him and keep KG who is done in a year MAYBE 2? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Paul Pierce : I'm a diehard Celtics fan but even I don't believe Pierce makes the Grizz better than Rudy Gay, regular seaon or playoffs.  Pierce is truly a playoffs-tested veteran but you can't compare them TODAY.  The Grizz were a SF away from the WCF last year because that missing SF, Rudy Gay, was injured and unable to play.  No doubt, Pierce would be a major upgrade from Tony Allen but you won't find too many people who would disagree that Gay is an upgrade over Pierce at this point in their careers.  This trade makes sense ONLY to Celtics fans. As for Gasol, you say it's a good trade since the Lakers are looking to dump salary.  Why else would the Lakers want a significantly less skilled KG?  Why would the Celtics let the Lakers dump Gasol's salary on them?  I disagree with you - the Lakers DO WANT DH and that is the ONLY REASON they would trade Gasol for KG -- to set themselves up to get DH.  KG's expiring $20+ million comes off the books so it is attractive to many teams now (as an expiring) as well as having it at season's end as it gives that cap space. If the Celtics were to trade KG for Gasol, the Celtics would NOT have any cap space for the next few years since Gasol is on the books for $56 million over the next 3 seasons.  So we severly limit ourselves in that respect too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree with you, Petey, but I cannot see Gay being as good at Pierce today.  Gay is more athletic, but he's not the defender nor is he the shooter nor is he as good at drawing the foul as Pierce.  Pierce is slower, but wiser and give me Pierce's judgement and skills at this stage of his career over Gay.  Over the 3 years, that equation will change, but right now - Paul is the better all around player.

I wouldn't trade Paul for Gay for a lot of other reasons.  I actually agree that Pierce makes the Grizz a better team with his overall talent.  But, no way I trade the captain at this point.   There are better options in free agency and the draft next year when we have plenty of cap room.  Gay would NOT make us better this year, IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Getzo these kidz is crazy!!!  Im with you man.  Pierce is the closest thing to a clutch that we have and they want to trade him and keep KG who is done in a year MAYBE 2? 
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it, Pierce is the only player I'd want for the next 3 years out of the current roster.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

VON WAFER INCLUDED IN BRANDON BASS/ GLEN DAVIS TRADE ???

TJ FORD HEADED FOR BOSTON ?

KENYON DOOLING/JEFF GREEN/E'TWAN MOORE/JON HEADED OUT OF TOWN IN MAJOR TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Because PP wouldn't bring equal value and because of the value he adds to this team, why would trading him at this point of his career do anyone any good?  Who else can they go to for a tough shot or to play defense on an equally solid (physically) opponent? Keep Pierce, show some loyalty to a player who took less money to bring Boston a championship, and who will own most Celtics offensive records when he's done. Just think of Pierce's production early on when Antoine was throwing up ill-advised threes instead of letting Pierce create his offense. His scoring totals would be astronomical (for a Celtics player).  This has been his team from the moment he played in his first game, and to trade him would be the uultimate insult to his dedication and to his sacrifices (horrid teams to drag around).  

Sections
Shortcuts