Trade Pierce for Gay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Trade Pierce for Gay

Memphis wants to gage interest in Gay.

If I'm Ainge I'm on the phone right now trying to get Gay for Pierce straight up. It works out cap wise. Gay has 2 years left on his deal at the same salary as PP.

Boston needs a younger SF and Gay fits the bill.

Memphis gets PP, someone they can go to in crunch time and they're a playoff contender so PP will not balk at the trade.

Makes sense for both teams. DO IT NOW!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Trade Pierce for Gay

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Memphis wants to gage interest in Gay.

If I'm Ainge I'm on the phone right now trying to get Gay for Pierce straight up. It works out cap wise. Gay has 2 years left on his deal at the same salary as PP.

Boston needs a younger SF and Gay fits the bill.

Memphis gets PP, someone they can go to in crunch time and they're a playoff contender so PP will not balk at the trade.

Makes sense for both teams. DO IT NOW!!

They are going opposite directions... Pierce is on the down and Gay on the rise... why on earth would Memphis do this?  Trust me, if they were going to trade Gay, they could do a lot better than Pierce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/1/4/3836268/rumor-grizzlies-shopping-rudy-gay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm not so sure at this point they could do better than PP. Memphis has two horses in the paint in ZBo and gasol and PP is a better pro scorer than Gay. Gay is a guy that could grow with the C's. Memphis chances don't decrease with PP if anything they increase at winning the West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

So it appears Memphis is trying to save money. It would save them a year off PP's contract but saving money right now may take them out of title contention. I don't quite get the saving money part when you are close to winning the West. It's time to go for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

So it appears Memphis is trying to save money. It would save them a year off PP's contract but saving money right now may take them out of title contention. I don't quite get the saving money part when you are close to winning the West. It's time to go for it.

Its the same thing with the Thunder and James Harden

they did not want to pay him what he wanted

everyone is worried about the upcoming salary cap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Can't wait for all the "lets trade x for y Pacers player" starting tomorrow...

anyone else noticing that pattern?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

Its the same thing with the Thunder and James Harden

they did not want to pay him what he wanted

everyone is worried about the upcoming salary cap

You can't take a player like Pierce and get Gay in his prime.  Kobe for Kevin Durant who would ever do that?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Is that you Fiercest34?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Is that you Fiercest34?????

probably not bloopity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

If Memphis is willing to trade Gay to Boston for Pierce, Danny has to make that deal. He is the type of player that could easily excel in Boston for years to come. Pierce is great, but at best he only had another good year or two.  This is a deal for now and the future

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The luxury tax...its still a business..they probably have some players to re sign..and his contract is huge.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I want Tony Allen back as a free agent next year.  Two on ball defenders that can run and finish like him and AB on the court at the same time, with Rondo jumping the lanes.  That would be fun to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Can't wait for all the "lets trade x for y Pacers player" starting tomorrow...

anyone else noticing that pattern?

Every game lets trade this guy, or that guy.  Let start these guys today and those tomorrow. For some reason everytime some is for mentioned in a trade we start throwing guys out there to get them.  Hillarious.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If there is actually anyone who thinks Memphis would trade Gay for Pierce...there is either something wrong with your brain, or you don't understand sports in general and basketball in particular.  

Here's a reality check.  We may get a draft pick and a 6th or 7th backup player for Pierce.  

and Sacto wouldn't trade Cousines for Rondo, Bass and Melo right now.   

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

At this point I would pull the trigger on that.  PP has one ring.  He hasn't cemented himself as a true legend outside of longevity. DA has two rings and was traded!!!!  I hated that move.  So PP w/ only one ring can go!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Griz traded Pau Gasol for trash because Jerry West was the GM of Memphis and raped them for the benefit of L.A.  West returned to L.A. the year after the trade.  The trade was concieved in ignorance (Memphis owners) and malice (Memphis GM West acting on behalf of L.A.) rather than economics or player parity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

The Griz traded Pau Gasol for trash because Jerry West was the GM of Memphis and raped them for the benefit of L.A.  West returned to L.A. the year after the trade.  The trade was concieved in ignorance (Memphis owners) and malice (Memphis GM West acting on behalf of L.A.) rather than economics or player parity.

Jerry West retired in 2007 and Chris Wallace was the GM who made that trade in 2008

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

At this point I would pull the trigger on that.  PP has one ring.  He hasn't cemented himself as a true legend outside of longevity. DA has two rings and was traded!!!!  I hated that move.  So PP w/ only one ring can go!!!!

This may be the silliest post of the nite.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

If DA could be traded who helped bring two banners to Boston and PP only has one, then he is not untouchable. He probably one day will have his number hanging in the rafters.  But let me ask you this.  Where is PP on the list of all time greatest Celtics?  Think about all the retired numbers and would PP leap frog many of those?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

If DA could be traded who helped bring two banners to Boston and PP only has one, then he is not untouchable. He probably one day will have his number hanging in the rafters.  But let me ask you this.  Where is PP on the list of all time greatest Celtics?  Think about all the retired numbers and would PP leap frog many of those?

I never said he couldn't be traded.  If it improves our team I am all for it.  I would trade straight up for Gay.  Only because of age though.  To win one game,  PP hands down.  I have no idea where he rates on all time c's.  I know he is going to be very high on the pts scored list.  Does that count? Besides that just opinions where he would be.   Ask Tommy Heinsohn who the best offensive player all time for the C's is.  He will say PP.  Personally I would go with Larry. But I do value Tommy's opinion more than most of the haters around here.   BTW The silly part I was referring to was bolded.  

" He hasn't cemented himself as a true legend outside of longevity."

BTW I would trade Rondo\KG for the right players.

Sections
Shortcuts