trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick

You then get them good enough to get their pick in 2012 plus alot of cap space . A possible number 1 overall pick and another top 20 pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick

In Response to trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick:
    [QUOTE]You then get them good enough to get their pick in 2012 plus alot of cap space . A possible number 1 overall pick and another top 20 pick.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I definitely never want to see Pierce traded under any circumstances.  He is the only current Celtics player that should retire as a Celtic.  He spent his entire career as a Celtic and endured many seasons when this team wasn't very good and he didn't have any help. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

How about a swap of Kevin Garnett to the Clippers in a sign and trade with DeAndre Jordan? Clips will get cap space after next season, flexibility to build around Blake and get a leader to mentor Blake, maybe coming off the bench, not sure. If we get a pick in the trade too, great.
    In return we get someone young that we can plug in at PF and hope that he continues to develop and dominate the boards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick:
    [QUOTE]You then get them good enough to get their pick in 2012 plus alot of cap space . A possible number 1 overall pick and another top 20 pick.

Probably going to be very difficult for you to wrap your head around this but here goes......

The Cs were 33 and 10 before Shaq went down, they then played a shade over 500 for the remainder of the year..... Next year Shaq won't be there so that makes them, well.... ummmm...  a 500 team.

The Clips went almost half the season without Kaman and almost half the season without Gordon who was the league's 5th leading scorer.

So when you combine those two stories and you add another year of experience from Gordon, Bledsoe, and Jordan you get a team that easily wins 50 games.....

So the Cs are a 500 team and the Clips are better..... why is it again that the Clips would trade anyone for Pierce?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With your logic Dudder you could make sense out of anything. Completely skewed logic.  I will bet you right now we have a better record than the Clippers(they will not win 50) and it will be over .500.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

You want to trade the only player on this team that create his own offense for a pick in a weak draft?

Do you miss the days of 19 game losing streaks? I don't get it. Not to mention Pierce is the face of this generation's Celtics. He is the next immediate link in the chain of greatness after Bird. And he will go into the Hall of Fame. Wearing a Clippers uniform?

I don't even think Ainge is that stupid. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick:
    [QUOTE]With your logic Dudder you could make sense out of anything. Completely skewed logic.  I will bet you right now we have a better record than the Clippers(they will not win 50) and it will be over .500.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Please explain to me which part of the logic is flawed..... flip it on its head from a Cs perspective....  as I would read here - If Perk was healthy the Cs win the title last year but of course there is no chance the Clips would have been better this year had they had their all-star center and the league's 5th leading scorer.....

The Cs played great with Shaq and not good at all without Shaq - next year they won't have Shaq so they will be a 500 team......

please explain the lack of logic......

I assume it goes something like this ..... next year when Griffin starts to learn how to play basketball, Jordan has one more year of development, Gordon is healthy, Mo Williams is there for a whole year, Bledsoe is another year older, and Aminu starts to learn how to play... the Clips won't be better.......

And I assume it goes something like this... the Cs were a 500 team without Shaq but somehow without Shaq and nobody to replace him, they will just keep chugging along.... as um.... THEY DIDN'T THIS YEAR......

I think it goes something like this......

Take facts, deduce what is likely to happen and...... IF IT DOES NOT HELP THE CS THEN IT IS NOT LIKELY OR EVEN POSSIBLE TO HAPPEN.......

I can only assume from your perspective that when the Clips beat the Cs toward the end of the season without Shaq is meaningless and that somehow that Cs team, the one without Shaq will be much better than the one we will see next year.

The Clips and Cs will have similar picks in the first round next year... wake up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are a lot of deals that make sense with the Clips but none involve franchise icon Paul Pierce.

As for KG, how on earth would trading him for Jordan create cap space? They'd let Jordan walk before paying KG 21.2 million next year. And don't you want a 22 year old strating Center under contract?

The moves I could see would be Baby and Krstic in a sign and trade for Kaman (maybe w/ one of our late draft picks involved).

The Clippers are up and comers, there is little chance we don't get there number 1 pick next year. We don't have to help them. But i'm 99% sure they won't win more than 42-45 games and finish worse than 14-16. That's a good pick. Here's hoping it is 11.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Never say never when writing about the Celtics and trades!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Nice read notrade ... an original idea, eh?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3aad247826-60c5-47ab-87e7-a944c6cf6dee

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Why are people still trying to trade the Big 3?? It ain't happenin. No one is going to take on their salaries and give us a great pick or a good player.

Buy them out and let them return to the C's.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to trade Pierce to the Clippers for Kaman and the wolves number 1 pick : Nice read notrade ... an original idea, eh? http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3aad247826-60c5-47ab-87e7-a944c6cf6dee
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I said they should trade Pierce to a team like the Clippers a week before you posted that article. So it isn't like that guys idea was orininal either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only reason people mention PP to the Clips is b/c they MAY have had interest in him as a possible FA last summer, they are a borderline playoff team and he is from LA.

You don't trade Pierce for Kaman and the pick. It is two opposite direction moves. Kaman is an established 29-30 year old starter under contratc for 1 year... perfect to be part of the 1 more run effort of putting a better cast around our current 6 talented players any contender would want.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticreuven. Show celticreuven's posts

If DA ever trades Paul, I would fly up from Mississippi and personally knock on his door.  He would ruin what it is to be a Celtic.  Pierce is a Celtic til he retires.  Allen and Garnett, on the other hand, are a different story. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

the heck with deandre jordan and kaman. bring us blake griffin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

[QUOTE]There are a lot of deals that make sense with the Clips but none involve franchise icon Paul Pierce. As for KG, how on earth would trading him for Jordan create cap space? They'd let Jordan walk before paying KG 21.2 million next year. And don't you want a 22 year old strating Center under contract? The moves I could see would be Baby and Krstic in a sign and trade for Kaman (maybe w/ one of our late draft picks involved). The Clippers are up and comers, there is little chance we don't get there number 1 pick next year. We don't have to help them. But i'm 99% sure they won't win more than 42-45 games and finish worse than 14-16. That's a good pick. Here's hoping it is 11.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

It is implied that the Clips would save on cap space AFTER KG comes off the books, right before the 'hard cap' and all. Sorry, should have been more clear.

I think that everyone is right-no trade will happen but I just can't see the Clips keeping 3 7 footers under contract for the long term while trying to add G-Fs that will put them over the top. You know that someone like the Knicks, Dallas or Portland will throw out mad money for a 7 foot guy that is marginally talented and it might be diffucult for the Clips to keep all 3 together. My thinking was that they might Keep kaman and Blake, use KGs money to shore up the wings with an all-star, if possible.

I guess we are all a little scared of going through the 90s all over again (untimely deaths aside). I have faith Ainge won't let that happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If DA ever trades Paul, I would fly up from Mississippi and personally knock on his door.  He would ruin what it is to be a Celtic.  Pierce is a Celtic til he retires.  Allen and Garnett, on the other hand, are a different story. 
    Posted by celticreuven[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  If Pierce was ever traded, I would be very upset.  He spent his entire career with the Celtics and for a long-time was one of the only good players on the Celtics.  I also believe that he may want to remain with the Celtics in some type of coaching position, etc. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Damn, are people really that in love with Deandre Jordan that they would trade away K.G. for him,...Really... What am I missing?

I kept hearing his name all year and how Danny should have drafted him, but hindsight is 20/20 and players always look good on other teams until they come here....lesson learned this year..

I watched a game where he had 8 dunks in the 1st quarter against us because of Kristic and k.G. not rotating enough, but those plays could be made by any guy capbale of dunking.  What does he bring besides the ability to clean up around the basket? Can he post up?  Hit the 18 footer?
      Can he defend?  Can he shoot anything outside of 5 feet? 

Please people....not being funny, but I dont know much else about him....please fill me in on why this guys is so great...

Obviously he is a better dunker than Kristic, but what else can he do?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Damn, are people really that in love with Deandre Jordan that they would trade away K.G. for him,...Really... What am I missing? I kept hearing his name all year and how Danny should have drafted him, but hindsight is 20/20 and players always look good on other teams until they come here....lesson learned this year.. I watched a game where he had 8 dunks in the 1st quarter against us because of Kristic and k.G. not rotating enough, but those plays could be made by any guy capbale of dunking.  What does he bring besides the ability to clean up around the basket? Can he post up?  Hit the 18 footer?   Can he defend?  Can he shoot anything outside of 5 feet?  Please people....not being funny, but I dont know much else about him....please fill me in on why this guys is so great... Obviously he is a better dunker than Kristic, but what else can he do?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What are you missing in terms of KG for Jordan?  KG is close to done (as are the Cs) and Jordan coming out of high school was viewed as Howard with more athleticism.  Is that enough to be missing?

KG is near the end, KG is near the end, KG is near the end..... keep repeating it to yourself and then click your heals together 3 times and then you will realize that nothing lasts forever and it is getting close to time to move over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You are an idiot Dud, I didnt mention anything about wanting to hold on the K.G.

Pay attention!

I said what can Jordan do?  You gave no insight on that question,..so stop following me around the board trying to make your points that you have alreayd said a million times...I know im probably the only one that doesnt have you on ignore...but you are getting close.  I dont mind discussing things even with shortsighted people like yourself, but try to stay on topic please. We all know you have a hard on for K.G. because like Noah, you think he is mean and ugly, but thats your personal opinion. 

IF you want to tell me what Jordan can do, than go ahead, and its a real question as I dont tune in to the clip-joint every night...but all you can do is spread HATE i see..

So basically all you have to say about Jordan is that he is the next coming of Howard but more athletic!?!?!  Wow, I def., need to watch more games from this guy.  How do you know that Jordan likes european players though?  What if he comes here and you find out that just like K.G. , he doesnt care for the opponent and what they have to say.  What will you do then?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]You are an idiot Dud, I didnt mention anything about wanting to hold on the K.G. Pay attention! I said what can Jordan do?  You gave no insight on that question,..so stop following me around the board trying to make your points that you have alreayd said a million times...I know im probably the only one that doesnt have you on ignore...but you are getting close.  I dont mind discussing things even with shortsighted people like yourself, but try to stay on topic please. We all know you have a hard on for K.G. because like Noah, you think he is mean and ugly, but thats your personal opinion.  IF you want to tell me what Jordan can do, than go ahead, and its a real question as I dont tune in to the clip-joint every night...but all you can do is spread HATE i see.. So basically all you have to say about Jordan is that he is the next coming of Howard but more athletic!?!?!  Wow, I def., need to watch more games from this guy.  How do you know that Jordan likes european players though?  What if he comes here and you find out that just like K.G. , he doesnt care for the opponent and what they have to say.  What will you do then?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What can Jordan do? Eventually become D Howard.......he is not going anywhere and I have no idea what it has to do with European players.  As I always say it is easy to ignore the ignorant. 

I don't spread hate at all, I call em as I see em.  I don't hate KG but he is almost done and to get someone like Jordan knowing that for teh next 3 to 5 years the Cs are going to be suffering through mediocrity while they wind down the BIG 3 it would not be a bad thing to have a young athletic BIG to start building around especially because they have nothing else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dudder has nothing positive to say about the Celtics...Just by the way he expresses or gives opinions, I wonder if his life is as miserable as his posts? Or, could he be a Laker troll? or is he Bob Ryan who all of the sudden has turned his back on the Celtics making it look like there are no options for the Celtics?  Anything is possible in life but not for the Dudder..there is no remedy for the C's and apparently he is a loss cause as well..well, he knows it all, he has it all figured out... does he?...good lord!!!