Trade Priority

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Trade Priority

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again Mployee is making stuff up.

So I'll put it on record.

A few months ago I said Ainge needs to dump the players I called "tradables".

The tradables are Lee, Bass, and Wallace.

Lee is gone.

So Bass is next.

It will just be a bonus if Ainge can dump Wallace.

2 out of 3 is good enough.

But the #1 priority is Humphries.

Hump MUST be traded because he's an unrestricted free-agent.

He's also 29 years old.

Once Hump becomes an UFA, the Celts will get nothing in return.

The only players that I think will surely get traded are Bass and Hump.

If Bass somehow ends up not getting traded, no big deal.

Bass can be traded after the season.

But failing to get something for Hump at the trade deadline means Celts get nothing in return when Hump signs with another team this summer.

[/QUOTE]

If Humpy trade brings salary back in return then it will not be a good trade.  It is OK to let Humpy walk otherwise.  In my opinion the Celts need to drop salary.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Humpy trade brings salary back in return then it will not be a good trade.  It is OK to let Humpy walk otherwise.  In my opinion the Celts need to drop salary.

[/QUOTE]

Ben Gordon and a 1st rounder for Hump.

The Bobcats already said they're buyers at the trade deadline.

Hump is an automatic upgrade over Josh McRoberts.

Ben Gordon also has an expiring contract.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that seems to be the only feasible possibility.  Perhaps the Celts can get Portland's pick.  OK, but not very exciting.  It is something.  Trading Bass and/or Green with significant salary reduction will get me excited.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

Once again Mployee is making stuff up.

So I'll put it on record.

A few months ago I said Ainge needs to dump the players I called "tradables".

The tradables are Lee, Bass, and Wallace.

Lee is gone.

So Bass is next.

It will just be a bonus if Ainge can dump Wallace.

2 out of 3 is good enough.

But the #1 priority is Humphries.

Hump MUST be traded because he's an unrestricted free-agent.

He's also 29 years old.

Once Hump becomes an UFA, the Celts will get nothing in return.

The only players that I think will surely get traded are Bass and Hump.

If Bass somehow ends up not getting traded, no big deal.

Bass can be traded after the season.

But failing to get something for Hump at the trade deadline means Celts get nothing in return when Hump signs with another team this summer.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly you have got to get psychiatric help. Never seen someone so obsessed with another person. Get help budy and if you did start taking your meds again...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like the Hump for Gordon and a #1 idea, probably since I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago......lol.

I want no part of Gordon  - let him walk.  We'll have 49 mill committed to 9 players.  Now, if we can also get Okafor...that would be a heist.

Hump for Gordon and a #1

Bass and Bogans for Okafor and a #1

NICE!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

So when their contracts expire you'd rather have Bird Rts to another short SG rather than a PF/C that almost any team could use in a S&T ... Now that's an "idiotic" idea!

Don't forget that the Bobcats will include a 1st rounder.

It's not just Ben Gordon, it's Ben Gordon and a 1st rounder.

Most likely it will be the Portland 2014 1st rounder.

Just because you don't think the Celts will get a 1st rounder for Hump, it doesn't mean it can't happen.

You just don't have the foresight.

I think you're way too dependent on Chad Ford and legionreport.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

What if teams just are not willing to give up a 1st round pick for Hump? It might then be better to let his contract expire and clear that money off the books. Maybe that money would allow Danny to aquire a 10-11 Million dollar player in the off-season via trade with the Pierce trade exception {Celts could include picks, depending on who/how good that player might be}? We could also take a shot at resigning Humph at a better rate as I think he is a solid guy in the Locker Room and always plays hard. Good influence as well on what should be many new/young big guys coming to Boston over the next couple of years. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Got to agree with Fierce. We are tanking this year and next year. If can't trade Humpy for a 1st then we are better off let him walk though. He's helped us win some games this year. If he's not around next year then Tankapalooza 2 will be better off.

We don't need to look for a $10m player to fill his space because that only makes us a marginal team. We need a star. Once we get a star then  look for those role player fillers.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Got to agree with Fierce. We are tanking this year and next year. If can't trade Humpy for a 1st then we are better off let him walk though. He's helped us win some games this year. If he's not around next year then Tankapalooza 2 will be better off.

We don't need to look for a $10m player to fill his space because that only makes us a marginal team. We need a star. Once we get a star then  look for those role player fillers.  

[/QUOTE]

Hold on!  You agree that it is better to Humpy walk if a trade will add salary?  Or do you agree that it is important to get a 1st. round pick even if it adds salary?  Because acquiring a 1st. for Humpy without adding salary is a nobrainer.

I just don't see Humpy coming back next year.  I also think that Danny needs to drop more salary to keep his options open:  Reload next year through trade/free agency or play the draft card.  Either way, there is no sure shot recommendation.  This is a gamble and we are hoping that it will pay off.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hold on!  You agree that it is better to Humpy walk if a trade will add salary?  Or do you agree that it is important to get a 1st. round pick even if it adds salary?  Because acquiring a 1st. for Humpy without adding salary is a nobrainer.

I just don't see Humpy coming back next year.  I also think that Danny needs to drop more salary to keep his options open:  Reload next year through trade/free agency or play the draft card.  Either way, there is no sure shot recommendation.  This is a gamble and we are hoping that it will pay off.

[/QUOTE]
    Son, do you know hoops?  Hump is not getting a #1 in return and the Celtics will be lucky to get a #1 for Rondo, but DA doesn't have the nads to trade him.....BOOK IT DANO! 1036316054

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Son, do you know hoops?  Hump is not getting a #1 in return and the Celtics will be lucky to get a #1 for Rondo, but DA doesn't have the nads to trade him.....BOOK IT DANO! 1036316054

[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension issues???  Sorry!  Don't know if there is medication for that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.