TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW!

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW!:
    In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : How does asking a question equal to acting like a child? I just asked you if you're a fan of both the Lakers and the Celtics. What's wrong with that? 
    Posted by Fierce34

Well, instead of having the conversation about basketball, you decided to sidetrack everything with questions about one man marrying another and the like. The guy was simply trying to get the conversation back to the topic at hand, but you are too interested in childish games for that.

Do whatever you want dude, but where I come from, you are carrying on like something other than a grown man. If you see nothing wrong with it, then the problem starts right there. Your question was childish, your reply was childish, and now you are playing dumb, which is also childish. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : I am just being objective. I am a basketball fan, and I am a grown-up, and therefore I don't simply hate people who root for rival teams. I like to throw around a little smack, and chop it up with other fans. 
    Posted by Bobbarcker

That is a lie.  You viciously attack anyone who disagrees with you, and you respond to every one who does.  You are a lakers troll, bob, and you're not fooling anyone!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : Is the question really that hard to answer?  The reason why I'm asking is I don't really care about the other NBA teams. And since I know you're a Laker fan I'm just curious why you're so interested with what the Celtics do in the offseason. 
    Posted by Fierce34

I already answered that question, if you weren't so interested in being a certified jerk, you might have noticed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : THAT is a lie!!  You hate Celtics fans, and those who dare to disagree with you.  You are about the furthest thing from objective on this whole forum.  Watch this: The Daniels signing is the same for Boston as the Barnes signing is for LA!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Well, Daniels was a resigning, hardly an upgrade, but merely a warm body, standing pat for the Celtics. Daniels logged a whole 5 ineffective minutes in totality, in an entire seven game series against the Lakers, hardly something to be frightened over as an opposing fan. Daniels isn't even good enough to be called a poor man's Matt Barnes, and his resigning doesn't begin to cover for the loss of Allen. I think if the Lakers resign Shannon Brown, that is a more equivalent comparison.

Meanwhile, Barnes was an upgrade for the Lakers at the wing position, who has logged plenty of time playing defense in the playoffs against top players in the league. You can never have enough players to throw at the top wing players come playoff time, with possible foul and injury trouble. Barnes is also the third best wing rebounder per 48 minutes in the entire league, and we all know how important rebounding is for winning championships. He brings toughness, and solidifies the back-up position for Ron Artest better than any player they could have ever got for 1.75 million dollars. All anyone has to do is look at the interest shown in aquiring Matt Barnes compared to the lack of interest in Marquis Daniels to see the huge gap in their value for NBA general managers. 

Just ask your fellow Celtics fans, I would venture a guess to say almost all of them would call your analysis of these two players pure fantasy. Are you going to snitch on this post too?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Barnes was completely ineffective in the playoffs vs the Celtics.

Naturally, and on cue, you claim the guy the lakers signed is better than the guy the Celtics signed.  Typical.  Daniels got hurt, lost his spot in the rotation, and got in Doc's doghouse.  He was a non-factor in the playoffs.

Barnes was a major role player on the Defending East Champion Magic.  He was completely useless in the playoffs.  An unfair comparison. One guy didn't play, one guy played a lot, and stunk.
    Daniels is younger, and his career averages nearly mimic Barnes.  He was doing very well for us before he got hurt!

And, to answer your question, since you didn't use the word idiot, jerk or nimrod, I did NOT report that post.  However, the thread is not about the lakers, so I guess you were not invited.

You may have noticed all your lakers brethren have been banned in one fell swoop.  Surely, as intelligent a person as you claim to be, surely you can't think I did that all by myself.  No, many, many, many people have complained and reported you and the other lakers trolls.  And they are all gone now.  If you care about staying, I would strongly suggest you stay on topic, and don't make any personal insults.  Once in a while, you have good posts.  Predictable as all get-out, but good nonetheless.  Hope you heed my advice ( not a warning, I don't make the rules, I just follow them, and admit to doing it).  Isn't a "real rat" someone who would report you without your knowledge?  That has been done.  Me?  At least I'm upfront about it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Are you nuts? Rondo is a much better player than Chris Paul! Rondo keeps getting better every year and Big Baby is playing great too ever since the thumb injury. The only players that should be traded or retire is M. Daniels "don't know why he was resigned", Scalabrine "enough bench warming already" and Rasheed Wallace "retire". Eddie House is still available, sign the man already! TA was a big loss for defense, hopefully we can grab someone like T-mac, Shannon Brown or Kwame Brown or even SHAQ "he can still play". First thing is first... sign House!! "3 point threat! House... good defender... House... never wanted to leave Boston!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

One word .... KEYSTONE! Keystone beer is a product of the Coors Brewing Company in Golden, Colorado . It was first introduced in Chico, California in September 1989. Keystone can be found in can, keg , and occasionally bottled form. Its "Light" variety is commonly labelled as "high school beer" due to it being very inexpensive and thus popular with young adults in the United States, though contrary to belief, Keystone Light only has 4.2% ABV ; a concentration much less than standard American lagers and about equal to other macro "light" brews.
    Posted by Mployee8

It's 2am on the east coast and you're still talking about getting drunk. Does your boyfriend, kyceltic, know that you're still partying? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : Our aging Big Three would find the fountain of youth if CP3 came onboard. NASTY indeed! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

No doubt, I will do it in a heartbeat too.
    Rondo's skill is close to CP but not equal.
    Big Baby is from New Orleans.
    Hornet will take this trade.

Oh, if CP don't want to come to Boston (although he did not mention it),
    I will use the power of the owner to owner deal. Time for the owners
    to controlwhere they going. The bucks stop with the them.
    Don't give these premadonna a leverage while still under contract.
    Clamp it down!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan1956. Show patriotsfan1956's posts

In Response to TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW!:
    Assuming we could convince him that Boston is the best place for him to win a championship or two, I would love to see this trade happen. We need a proven scorer who can dominate a game during crunch time.  Without getting that, there are no hopes for a championship.  Celts would have hung another banner in the rafter had they had a guy who could have gotten the ball in the hoop like CP3 this year.  That being said, I can't see anyone else that can offer N.O the same quality compensation as they would get in those two men. Any thoughts? 
    Posted by soxfan33928

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan1956. Show patriotsfan1956's posts

I agree. We need a PG that can knock down a shot. I say Rondo straight up for CP3.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE RONDO AND BIG BABY FOR CP3 NOW! : Salaries don't match, Paul 14.9m while Rondo 4.5m.
    Posted by Fierce34

yeah, that's the big issue

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Consider the most recent actions of each player:

Rondo - working on his game, playing for team USA

Paul - signs extension with Hornets, then decides he wants out and requests a trade through his agent

With the above stated, I would not consider trading Rondo, who still has allot of upside, for Paul.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

how about some loyalty to rondo? He's carried the team and faced tons of criticism the last couple season. THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY THAT AINGE IS TRADING RONDO. Obviously paul doesn't have loyalty and has had injuries. the last thing this team needs is to lose rondo and possibly have chris paul injured and be paying tons of money for a junk center. Celts need to sign one more person who'll be able to contribute. Theres rafer alston, trenton hassell, roger mason, eddie house is a free agent. those guys can all contribute. The celts won't be trading rondo when he's the face of the franchise, has good chemistry with all the players and is their best prospect. Not to mention is their another point guard that would fit better in the celtics system? chris Paul might not be able to cope with less shots and minutes. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Consider the most recent actions of each player: Rondo - working on his game, playing for team USA Paul - signs extension with Hornets, then decides he wants out and requests a trade through his agent With the above stated, I would not consider trading Rondo, who still has allot of upside, for Paul.
    Posted by BCSP

Rondo trying out for USA Team. NOT working on his game. 

Trying to impress his younger teammates with his artistry/quickness/magic getting to the cup. (Less so, his woeful FT shooting and jumper.)

They are TOTALLY in awe. Totally!

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"NOT working on his game." Just curious, how do you know he's not working on his game? That's pretty irresponsible to post whatever you think might be happening. You don't know. Neither do I. Rondo can't win in your eyes. If he's trying to force his way out of Boston, he's a young selfish player. If he plays for team USA, he's a young selfish player. You have no credibility, balance, or fairness in your posts. Back on ignore. I'll try you again in three months or so. 

For the record, the Paul for Rondo trade doesn't work out numbers wise, can't happen. If it could happen, I'd be a little concerned about Paul's knee and his max salary. But, since it can't happen, this debate is currently fantasy fodder only.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In addition to my earlier comment, pasted below is an excerpt from a yahoo sports article.

“We shook hands, hugged,” Colangelo said. “I congratulated [James] on his free agency. He looks great. He was in great spirits. He looks in terrific shape. Dwyane looks terrific. CP looks like he put on a little weight, and he got a little bigger. But he said its muscle.”

Again, Rondo's most recent actions trump those of Paul. Couple that with the fact that Rondo has more upside, I keep Rondo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In addition to my earlier comment, pasted below is an excerpt from a yahoo sports article. “We shook hands, hugged,” Colangelo said. “I congratulated [James] on his free agency. He looks great. He was in great spirits. He looks in terrific shape. Dwyane looks terrific. CP looks like he put on a little weight, and he got a little bigger. But he said its muscle.” Again, Rondo's most recent actions trump those of Paul. Couple that with the fact that Rondo has more upside, I keep Rondo.
    Posted by BCSP

Just remember, Chris Paul hasn't played in a good minute since he's rehabbing that knee.

I'm sure anyone would gain a little weight down in New Orleans with all that good Gumbo, seafood, and Cajun Cuisine, and a nice lookin wife cooking for you also!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good point waynestarr!