Trade Rondo for Cousins and pick #5?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Trade Rondo for Cousins and pick #5?????

With pick #5 we take Noel?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Trade Rondo for Cousins and pick #5?????

crummy trade - trading one known (with his pros and cons) for two unknowns. We can do better. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well......it would certainly NOT be a "crummy Trade" for the Celtics.

that said, I see no reason why Sac/Sea woul dmake that deal.

Rondo is coming off major knee injury which makes him less valuable.

Cousin's may be a "problem child" that the New owners would prefer to dump.

so MAYBE a Cousins for Rondo deal could make sense for them, but I don't believe the contracts work alone.

I would prefer a Rondo for Horford deal in the off-season with Altanta.

The contracts are fairly close and if Atalanta re-signs Smith, adding his buddy Rondo makes could make sense to Ferry.

He might still be able to make a bid for Howard after re-signing Smith, depending on the deal.

Howard, Smith and Rondo would be a good start on paper at least.

The Celtics would be in great shape for a final run with Pierce and KG next year.

and still ahve a sold base on 2015 when our Hall of famers retire together:

Horford

Melo

Sullinger

Bass

Green

McAdoo (next years #1 pick)

Bradley

Lee

Terry

Crawford

a first round pick for 2015

at least $10 Million in cap space to use on  Free agent(s).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't think we can get Cousins for Rondo if it's in the offseason but I would be happy with

Rondo for Jason Thompson and their #1. It still leaves them with Cousins, Evans and Rondo to build around.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I'd settle for Rondo for Earl Clark.

I am pretty sure the Lakers would as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo for Earl Clark, and the Lakers lottery pick. Oh wait they don't have a pick!! Clark and Gasol for Rondo and Bass!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo for Earl Clark, and the Lakers lottery pick. Oh wait they don't have a pick!! Clark and Gasol for Rondo and Bass!!

There is always next years...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Clark is a UFA - the lakers can only offer him the mini-MLE.  We could offer him the full, and take them right out of the equation.

I don't think he has Bird rights, because he's been traded twice.  Mr. Clark has played himself into a nice payday, and I think has played himself right out of LA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Cousins AND #5!! Laughable. Don't know what you're smoking, but they wouldn't trade Cousins for Rondo straight up... and I bet Danny floated that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Cousins AND #5!! Laughable. Don't know what you're smoking, but they wouldn't trade Cousins for Rondo straight up... and I bet Danny floated that one.

Or #5

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Yall are trippin with this trade Rondo talk.  I get it, 14-4.  But remeber, the Celts started horribly last season, and went on their run, just around this time, with Rondo.  The fact that we are playing well without him is great, but let's see how things work out in the playoffs (you know where Rondo can easily give you a stat line of 20-14-15).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

crummy trade - trading one known (with his pros and cons) for two unknowns. We can do better. 

WRONG! We don't know who or what Rondo will be when he can return. A player who PRIMARILY relies on his freakishly superior athleticism, quickness, and agility who blows out his ACL cannot be considered a "known" commodity. Ask D-Rose. What we know is that he is hurt now and his mental state and playing style was not conducive to TEAM winning performances. MAKE THIS TRADE EVERYTIME!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

WRONG! We don't know who or what Rondo will be when he can return. A player who PRIMARILY relies on his freakishly superior athleticism, quickness, and agility who blows out his ACL cannot be considered a "known" commodity. What we know is that he is hurt now and his mental state and playing style ws not conducive to TEAM performance. MAKE THIS TRADE EVERYTIME!

Agree with you.  I don't believe that Rondo will be traded until he can prove that he is healthy and the same player that he was before the injury.  I am not even sure that Rondo will be traded, but I don't see a scenario where he is traded until he is back sometime next season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Wrong! If the Bulls put DRose on the block 3 months ago, how many teams would be lining up for him? I will tell you....over half of the league.

This isn't a player who is known to be injured, it's his first injury. ACL tears these days are more detrimental to the team than the player. Mostly all come back from them but with the cap and loss of games it hurts the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is this being floated? Is there a link? Doesn't sound realistic.

As another poster said, Rondo for Jason Thompson and their lotto pick is a move I would consider. Make it Rondo and Bass for Thompson, Hayes and Salmons and the lotto pick to make the $ work? Saves the Kings like 500k next year and gives them a marquee name and a KU alum to help reign in Cousins. 

As I've said for months the deal I prefer is Rondo and Bass for Horford and Lou Williams. Based on the knee injury (its a partial tear, he should be ready for training camp) I would even throw in Melo and our #1 at this point. Nobody we take 18-23 is going to crack this deep roster next year.

Since I'm on the record as wanting to do Rondo for Marion, Collison and Dallas lotto pick in the 8-12 range I would def do RR for Thompson and a pick in the 4-7 range.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Wrong! If the Bulls put DRose on the block 3 months ago, how many teams would be lining up for him? I will tell you....over half of the league.

This isn't a player who is known to be injured, it's his first injury. ACL tears these days are more detrimental to the team than the player. Mostly all come back from them but with the cap and loss of games it hurts the team.

DRose is a super star, every team in the league would take a chance with him. Rondo is a top 10 point guard, there's a big difference between Rose and Rondo's value!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DRose is a super star, every team in the league would take a chance with him. Rondo is a top 10 point guard, there's a big difference between Rose and Rondo's value!!

Not big enough that half the league wouldn't still want Rondo

And Rose's game depends more on his knee being the exact same way it was prior to the injury than Rondo's does... and his tear was complete not partial... AND he's currently not on the court at a time when Perk had already been back for 6 weeks... so he is scared of something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

----------------------------------------------------------------

Rondo is a top 3 PG. Danny Ainge was willing to move him (after the injury) for Dwight Howard, or a in a Carmelo like trade, where the Celtics get multiple young assets in return. 

This was AFTER the injury.  That is how highly the Celtics value him. Reportedly most GMS think he is a max contract player. 

If Rondo goes anywhere it will be for a lot of talent or not at all. I think he is our starting point gurd next year and I'm happy with that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I'd settle for Rondo for Earl Clark.

Yeah, but you're nuts. I mean Jeff Green at the two. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Not big enough that half the league wouldn't still want Rondo

And Rose's game depends more on his knee being the exact same way it was prior to the injury than Rondo's does... and his tear was complete not partial... AND he's currently not on the court at a time when Perk had already been back for 6 weeks... so he is scared of something.

I liked the horford trade you came up with, but I wouldn't want Rondo in the same conference. Something tells me he'd go National TV Rondo everytime he plays us and drop a 20-15-20. and if they got Dwight howard as well with Korver to space the floor. I'd be very scared of Atlanta. 

Still. I  Like Horford a lot. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Oh yeah, Rondo-Teague-Jenkins-Korver-Smith-Bass-Howard and whoever they use their 2 first rd picks on (their's and ours) would be a pretty scary team.

When it comes to any of these hypothetical deals discussed Horford is the best player that people 'assume' could be moved for Rondo (or Cousins I guess - but I don't see that). Yet it may be more valuable to get a guy like Thompson and a lotto pick than Horford.

Thompson when removed from the toxic situation in Sacramento, would be a 12/8 here. Horford is the same age and would give a 16/9. The addition of a top 5 pick and Rondo being out west on a lotto team instead of luring Howard or Bynum to Atlanta would prob make that a better deal. 

Sections
Shortcuts